Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
Re: Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter IDEAS

It seems like everybody is either in love with the idea of MK vs SF or hates it. I wouldn't like to see it right now (since I'd like to see how the next part of this alternate timeline goes first) however I certainly wouldn't mind it in the future.

well one way id see it is the way street fighter x tekken will be doing it. capcom did their version and namco will do their tekken x street fighter. and you cant split ryu or ken in half showing their intestines and spines,brains etc etc. if there will be any blood it would have to be very very minimal. t rated game (which i wouldnt mind). id love to see mk characters using super combos though. there should be a custom option for players to use sf controls or mk or any kind. im sure when the time comes they will look at every aspect of it and make it just right. but yes its a good idea.

Street Fighter characters should have brutalities as finishers and ultra combos for a full meter while MK kombatants hav x-rays for a full meter and fatalities as finishers.

I think we have already seen that a MK crossover game would not work, because people don't want their characters to be brutally murdered. In theory, a MK Vs SF game would be awesome, but it just wouldn't work out with how companies make games nowadays.

I do welcome crossovers because they are fun. Seeing how the creators pull it off was always an interesting thing. Which is why I am one of the few that like Mk vs DC. Mk vs Sf is something I wish to see one because I am a fan of both and 2 I want to bicycle kick my bros fave Sf character (Ryu, Evil Ryu) Lol >:D.

I like some of these guys ideas

Old interview

How did the DC Universe collaboration come about?

Ed Boon: I've always been a big fan of other fighting games. I play all of the big fighting games in the genre - Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter and so on. I've always wanted to cross over with another series.

When I was a kid I remember buying the Spiderman vs. Superman comics and that was the coolest thing to me because they never originally existed in the same world. There's a novelty to that.

So, we actually pursued some crossing with some of these other fighting games but it never really panned out. So when this was presented to us by one of our marketing people, it was something we had seen done before with Capcom and Marvel, and we thought that it would be cool to do a really dark, sinister version of that. So not like a cartoony vibrant approach, our approach was like a dark Batman Begins-style flavour.

It's interesting that you say you pursued crossing over with other fighting games...

Boon: Yeah, but I think the underlying thing that was always a problem was that it was always our competition. If we were to do a Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat game, who's going to develop it, and who's going to own the rights to it? It's that kind of issue.

So the proposals were put together but it couldn't be worked out...?

Boon: Yeah. I did a couple of write-ups and whatnot on it, and sometimes we'd get really close to it but issues like our representative for the other company left the company for some reason, and that reset the whole thing back to beginning.

That's such a shame, because a Street Fighter vs. Capcom game would be cool, we'd love to see it...

Boon: Me too. I still want to see it happen.

Kinda hope they do make it, don't really care if they don't tho. Could be either really good, or a massive let down. Probably best left alone ... meh', whatever.

i think they need to just get it over with and make the game. it will end all the "sould it happen or not?" questions. i guess im just sick of it being a "what if" thing.