Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters

Jion_Wansu

What do you guys think of this finally happening? Have all the cast from MK Armageddon VS all the cast from SF4 and SF3 Third Strike with a few SF1 characters like Birdie, Eagle, and Lee.

I think it could happen.

Also regarding projectiles:

IF Projectile == mortalKombatCharacter AND streetFighterCharacter OR streetFighterCharacter AND streetFighterCharacter
BEGIN
Projectile(Cancel)
ELSE
Projectile(!Cancel)
END

No fatalities. The MK fatalaties such as Scorpion's "Toasty" would be like a Super or Ultra. Shang Tsung's Ultra and Super would be like U.Rugal's soul Super in Capcom VS Snk 2...any other ideas?

i think it could work. i'd like to see Akuma's raging demon turn his victim into a bloddy pulp!:_evil:

It would be a definate buy for me, but it's not like CvS where the gameplay styles are very similar. This would either be MK style gameplay, or SF style gameplay. I like the idea of Fatalities becoming Super Combos though. I doubt we'll see 120 characters in a 3D fighter for quite some time though.

after coming to terms with mkvsdc i felt like the whole mkvssf thing just wouldn't be as cool, but then again who am i to judge? ryu vs scorpion, ken v.s. sub-zero, blanka v.s. baraka... it just seems a little unfair to sf.:viking::afraid:

I voted no simply because it just won't happen. But I thought, what if they made MK fighters fight like MK fighters and SF fighters fight like SF fighters. LIke a half & half engine. MK characters could have fatalities if they win too. The biggest reason it's never come about is because both companies want to take the lead and nobody can decide who's engine will be used etc. Well just use 'em both! (To an extent)

I would love to see it happen! I just think that MK and SF are too different to be in a game together.

you guys ever heard of Mugen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olUHc5kejZQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzYe1LF4g_M&feature=related

btw,I have Mugen and these characters as well
also some great MK characters with extra moves and back to block instead of a button.
so yeah,I've played MK vs SF already pretty much.
I also have all the guilty gear characters (except for Kliff)
and some street fighter the movie characters (which pretty craptastic)

Mugen vs MK/SF/any real game is like comparing MLB to Tee Ball, man. Its a F'in joke.

The only way this game could ever work is if Capcom did it. Even then, it wouldnt be a MK game.

no but check out the latest SF4 gameplay videos from like 1 to 2 days ago and compare them to MK Armageddon and/or MK versus DC.

They do seem similar...

I don't really notice the similarities either. It just looks like Street Fighter with 3D graphics to me.

MKA for one thing was a 3D fighter, whereas SF4 is 2.5D. What's more, SF is all about keeping control of as much of the screen as possible, whereas MKA (like most 3D fighters) is about getting in combos, countering, and knowing how to block. Very very different. Although MKvDC is more 2D oriented which means more screen control so I think it could work.

This could work only IF Midway does their thing with fatalities and Capcom doesn't pansy out about it....that aside, I'd love to see both clash but come on? Storyline wise we all know MK would own SF characters I mean..really lol

But I'd be for it if Midway/Capcom worked together 50/50 on the gameplay combining both styles some how otherwise if just one company did it I'd be a little turned off.

But yeah, who wouldn't want to see Sub and Scorp vs. Ryu and Ken?

Storyline wise we all know MK would own SF characters I mean..really lol

Not really, Scorpion's UMK3 fatality is basically Gouki's SGS and don't forget about Vega's Psycho power...and what about Gouken and Gill? Seth? Rose? what about good old Sagat. Wouldn't mind seeing a Sagat VS Shao Kahn or Sagat VS Goro/Kintaro...

Wow. Bots are getting really smart. It's only a matter of time now until the bots take over the whole of Internet!!!

LMFAO.

We need to stop replying to bots though, their posts get deleted and then we look like fools.