Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
Re: MK vs Street Fighter

The idea of Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is played out. It was only good in the 90s because MK 2 and SF2 were the most popular fighting games at that time. Mortal Kombat will only do well with another franchise that equally dark and bloody.

It would be good if a day could go by when no-one was thinking of guests or crossovers, and people just enjoyed MK for what it is...

Just one day.

Where were we? Ah, yes... MK vs Street Fighter... HELL NO!!! :p

already posted a thread about this and mine had better discussion/debate imo.

they both have pros/cons and its actually quite amazing how different they are for two fighters.

capcom wouldnt allow it, if sony is still sensitive about kratos, then you can only imagine what capcom would limit.

Just because they are both big names, that doesnt mean they should ever cross. And fanboys idea of a good game does not always equal a good thing

Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct is even better sense. Just sayin'

:D

exactly

which is why I mentioned earlier becasue MK and SF are famous, taht doesnt mean they should cross. KI while not as famous, would have no problem fitting in at all (excluding legal issues)

Re: MK VS SF: Ideas

The sf /capcom guys are simply too conservative thinking to let their characters kill each other, or even Mk characters killing sf characters.

It will never happen.

I would have liked it, if both companys would produce crossovers, similar to how it is done with SF Vs Tekken / vs SF

One game could be toned down, the other one being full Mk style...but it will never happen anyway.

Re: MK VS SF: Ideas

Street Fighter versus Mortal Kombat would cash in on the whole concept that the "two biggest fighting games of the 90's finally meet," and I would be fine with that. However, with the lack of gore from the absence of fatalities would turn off a lot of MK fans. However, it would be interesting to see if a crossover were to happen how Capcom or NRS would interpret the other's IP.

Folks are so anti about this, and the core of the argument seems to be that Mortal Kombat can only exist with an M rating. I'm less eager to believe that. MK9's gameplay is incredibly solid, and a crossover or two won't hurt the main-series games. King Kong can fight Godzilla.

what ever happened to "MK vs DC is the worst thing ever to happen to the series" I remember when you couldn't get away from the complaints about that.

But now since it's street fighter characters, that makes it ok?

I dont understand how everyones mind all of a sudden changed just because they like the street fighter characters. Its no different folks. MK vs DC and MK vs Street Fighter = same shit. It's just gonna be a dissapointment and they will castrate the series once again just like in vs DC.

and I thought this was a forum full of purists and old fans, I'm not even a a purists but this idea is godawful, and the poll results scare me and make me loose faith in MK's community.

i wanna rip chuns legs off..

Dont get me wrong, I would love to do that too, but stop and think a minute.

Would you really want MK to be lowered to SF level and have those stupid shaded graphics they used in SF4/MVC3 and everyone to be goofy and more japanese?

Cause its not gonna be the other way around unfortunatly, Capcom would not allow their characters to be like the MK characters

I don't want to see MK even goofier than it already is.

I don't want to see Sakura ripped in half.