Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
Re: MK VS SF: Ideas

If this happens, it'll be another MKvsDC rated T game-____________________________________________-

If this happens, it'll be another MKvsDC rated T game-____________________________________________-

I understand how that's frustrating, with MK traditionally being an M-rated franchise. BUT, blood and guts aren't all MK is anymore and since it finally has a competitive fighting engine behind it, being T-Rated shouldn't be a dealbreaker if this ever did happen.

I understand how that's frustrating, with MK traditionally being an M-rated franchise. BUT, blood and guts aren't all MK is anymore and since it finally has a competitive fighting engine behind it, being T-Rated shouldn't be a dealbreaker if this ever did happen.

But there is still fans out there that still love that. Did you not see the people at EVO getting mad at that big dude for not doing a fatailty?

But there is still fans out there that still love that. Did you not see the people at EVO getting mad at that big dude for not doing a fatailty?

Of course they love the blood and guts...that's just straight up classic MK. All I said was a T-Rating would be fine for MKvSF because Mortal Kombat doesn't need to rely on shock to get noticed anymore since its a good game on its own merits.

Off topic: SVC Chaos, loved that game :)

On Topic: Though its highly unlikely, I'd really like to see a MK vs SF. Like someone mentioned, maybe it'd be better to include only villains since some of the SF cast aren't as likely to perform fatalities.

Yeah im that someone who posted this thread lmao

Babalities could be added.. a baby Ken can try to perform his fire Shinryuken, catches himself with alittle fire then starts crying

138px-Ken_Masters_(SPF2T).jpg

Last edited:

Instead of everybody from both sides, Why not add just the bad guys from SF? People like Bison, Sagat, Gill etc
The premisse is good, however...there is no SF without Ryu. And as of Alpha, Sagat reformed.
Nah, because I really want to be able to boot Dan's head off.
You see, this is the exact reason this idea was shot down on Unity. Every time a SF fan lurks through a MK Forum, or a Forum that has a Thread with this title, they see the number one reason of MK fans for wanting such Crossover being "to chop a SF character's head off", never for "fun times" sake. Come on...!
I just don't see Capcom letting their characters even the villains, do hyper violent things.
Sadly, Ono said something on those lines recently.
Has there been an evil ken in an official street fighter game? If so tell me. Also nice signature :)
Evil Ken has only appeared on a Crossover game. That's not to say he can't appear again, as the idea was taken from the Animated Movie.
BUT, blood and guts aren't all MK is anymore and since it finally has a competitive fighting engine behind it, being T-Rated shouldn't be a dealbreaker if this ever did happen.
Now you are being reasonable.

As to try to make people from Unity like the idea, I pitted it in these lines, see if it can work:

"Imagine it being made by Capcom (...)
The game would have sparks instead of blood. It could have a Chi Bar, like Tao Feng. Once the bar is filled, the character could do something unique (An Hyper? Healing? The V-Ism Trail?) to him."
When a character is defeated, his opponent can perform something on him (A Fatality? Mercy? Or, if the opponent is a joke character, a Friendship?). IMO, it all depends on how the move is shown...it's not like a move like this can't kill. In a MK character's case, the move can be shown like this."

I even added, "if blood is that big of a deal, we could have either Darkstalkers or SF2-like blood."
So, have I succeded? Is the idea likable...on TRMK?

Last edited:
MK vs Street Fighter

Make it happen! It would be easy to please both communities. Just have Street Fighter 4 style graphics and everyone has Brutalities insted of Fatalities. Replace the super combo with X-rays. And keep the ultra combos! Easy stuff, this game would make a fortune.

Re: MK vs Street Fighter

HELL NO!

SF characters are so boring.

Besides there is like 3 threads about this...

The first post in your thread is a Fox17 hate post. Your thread is doomed for life.

Killer Instinct is the only crossover that would work really really well. IMO anyway. And isn't there another thread just like this?

HELL NO!

SF characters are so boring.

Besides there is like 3 threads about this...

Agreed. But Not cuz sf characters are boring. There would have to unpopular compromises to make this game work. Either street fighter will have to play by mk rules and have gore, more fast pace, a block button, or mk will have to play by street fighter rules and be a little more defensive, no gore, etc.

While its something that sounds like it would be awesome, its something that will probably not make either side happy.

Agreed. But Not cuz sf characters are boring. There would have to unpopular compromises to make this game work. Either street fighter will have to play by mk rules and have gore, more fast pace, a block button, or mk will have to play by street fighter rules and be a little more defensive, no gore, etc.

While its something that sounds like it would be awesome, its something that will probably not make either side happy.

Right,
I dont want to see MK characters with no fatalities and in cartoon style.

MK is strong as it is.