Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
Re: MK VS SF: Ideas

You said yourself MK characters have the instinct to kill. So team em up with Killer Instinct! I know there are a few other KI fans who wanna see this as well.
I like SF too, but I just don't see Capcom letting their characters even the villains, do hyper violent things. As cool as it would be the style would just be off. Then factor in Art direction. I guess with the look of MK now you could find a happy medium. But the play styles differ so greatly that might be tough finding a neutral ground for the style.
I'd like to see MK Vs. Vertigo which is DC's adult line. They do Preacher and The Watchmen etc. Or DC Vs. Image/DarkHorse then you could have Spawn,Wild C.A.T.S, Invincible, HellBoy, The Darkness, etc.

But the common consensus on these boards is that Capcom had a cross over and it succeeded so they can keep doing it. But MK can't because they made one and it kinda sucked. They never stop to think every game they did after MK4 was pretty shitty as well. After getting a new team together and making MK9 I believe that if NRS did give it a shot using the same engine and fight mechanics they could have a hit. But that's just my opinion.

Im not a fan of guest characters but i see your point.

If we did see some SF characters in a mk game i do have preferances. IMO sagat and vega are both cool charcters with unike looks and attack styles.

But this is all hypothetical as MKvSF will probabbly never happen, nor is it likely to see SF characters guest in MK. And even if it did happen only the popular characters would make it, ryu.

Im not a fan of guest characters but i see your point.

If we did see some SF characters in a mk game i do have preferances. IMO sagat and vega are both cool charcters with unike looks and attack styles.

But this is all hypothetical as MKvSF will probabbly never happen, nor is it likely to see SF characters guest in MK. And even if it did happen only the popular characters would make it, ryu.

Your on point. Even if they made a game such as MK vs SF there's no way all the characters would be on board. Only the favorites. For example in MK vs DC they had rage. Are they going to bring that concept back? Not unless they want to keep there heads. I think that its kinda sad that it has to be fantasy without it being reality :[

You said yourself MK characters have the instinct to kill. So team em up with Killer Instinct! I know there are a few other KI fans who wanna see this as well.
I like SF too, but I just don't see Capcom letting their characters even the villains, do hyper violent things. As cool as it would be the style would just be off. Then factor in Art direction. I guess with the look of MK now you could find a happy medium. But the play styles differ so greatly that might be tough finding a neutral ground for the style.
I'd like to see MK Vs. Vertigo which is DC's adult line. They do Preacher and The Watchmen etc. Or DC Vs. Image/DarkHorse then you could have Spawn,Wild C.A.T.S, Invincible, HellBoy, The Darkness, etc.

But the common consensus on these boards is that Capcom had a cross over and it succeeded so they can keep doing it. But MK can't because they made one and it kinda sucked. They never stop to think every game they did after MK4 was pretty shitty as well. After getting a new team together and making MK9 I believe that if NRS did give it a shot using the same engine and fight mechanics they could have a hit. But that's just my opinion.

You out of the blue smart person you! That's a good idea! Yeah i also agree that after MK4 the games got out of hand

I maybe but MK is about gore. Every character should have a fatality.

There's actually a ton you could do with SF characters in the way of Fatalities.

M. Bison has Psycho Power, Seth has the Tandem Engine...

i dont get it freddy being really violent wont fit in a mk game but street fighter that even is not violent will but i would enjoy it i love versus games

i dont get it freddy being really violent wont fit in a mk game but street fighter that even is not violent will but i would enjoy it i love versus games

Here's my theory on Freddy. MK fans didn't like him because he lurks on defenseless people who can't do anything about it, not guys who have a flaming skull for a head. tht's my thought.

And I agree with you on the versus game thing I like it too. The only one I liked for a little bit was MK vs DC.

Some of the Street Fighters don't have that intent such as Sakura, Ryu, Dudley, etc. Sure people might not like to use Bison instead of Ryu but the bad guys from SF have that intent to kill someone.

Ryu and Ken couldn't perform fatality... but there are also Evil Ryu and Evil Ken who could have some finishing moves.

PSB: What are some other series that you have considered a crossover with? I know that, in the US, many fans would love to see a Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat…
Ono: I actually get a lot of requests for Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat on my Twitter feed and elsewhere. I understand why people want it, but it’s easier said than done. Having Chun Li getting her spine ripped out, or Ryu’s head bouncing off the floor….it doesn’t necessarily match.

Ummmm:

I hate SF, the two franchises are WAY to different to be compatible for a crossover anyway

Off topic: SVC Chaos, loved that game :)

On Topic: Though its highly unlikely, I'd really like to see a MK vs SF. Like someone mentioned, maybe it'd be better to include only villains since some of the SF cast aren't as likely to perform fatalities.