Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
FightMKteam01.jpg

If this was inappropriate then please delete the whole thread. I bumped this thread because now it is possible for an SFvMK or SFxMK. I mean look at SFxT...

Ehh. The idea scares me. I know that mk is finally ready for tournament play.. But I don't think it would TRULY be mk with capcom. They'd take away one of the big aspects of the gameplay. Obviously.. gore. I liked MKvDc regardless, but I do not consider it a true MK title. That and I just don't like SF. :l

No. NRS is just getting established and MK is the only franchise they've got, I think they should expand their work (though I don't know what other, if any, franchises made it over from Midway); and I'm just tired of Capcom doing Vs. games with everyone when they're letting the Darkstalkers franchise go to waste.

I'd say no, but I hit yes. 'Cause seriously, as much as the adult in me knows the two games are not compatible in theme or story, the little 90s kid in me has wanted it to happen since before "Vs" fighting games even existed. In my opinion SNK was never a true competitor with Capcom, and Mortal Kombat (at least in the US) was the only franchise who could compete in the 90s.

How would you guys feel if they did it the same way Namco and Capcom are doing Tekken and SF? Like, what if the MK team did an M rated game with characters who actually would and could kill their opponent at the end of their matches, and the Street Fighter team made a T rated game with a more Street Fightery art style?

While it does sound like a great idea, i think the final product would be no better than MK vs. DC...it would literally be the exact same kind of game, cept with SF character's instead of DC guys.

Just like DC, there is No way Capcom would ever allow their characters to have their heads ripped off or anything that would "taint" the SF franchise....

The way i look at it, both franchises are healthy and growing independent of each other...there is no real "need" for them to merge bc lets face it....while game developers, producers and exec's have a love and passion for making the games, the bottom line is $$$$...with both franchises being healthy and growing, why would they want to risk harming their brand......especially given the poor showing of their last experiment Mk vs. DC.....

Eh, I could see it happening in the future, and I doubt Capcom is afraid of getting its hands dirty with blood and gore. [Akuma murders people all over the place and can nuke an island with his hands alone. Take that with what you will.]

However, I'd rather see MK X Soul Calibur. 2.5 D with Nightmare Vs. Shao Kahn and more? Hell yes.

Heck, I could even see Capcom pulling a Dark Stalkers Vs. Mortal Kombat crossover.

While it does sound like a great idea, i think the final product would be no better than MK vs. DC...it would literally be the exact same kind of game, cept with SF character's instead of DC guys.

Just like DC, there is No way Capcom would ever allow their characters to have their heads ripped off or anything that would "taint" the SF franchise....

The way i look at it, both franchises are healthy and growing independent of each other...there is no real "need" for them to merge bc lets face it....while game developers, producers and exec's have a love and passion for making the games, the bottom line is $$$$...with both franchises being healthy and growing, why would they want to risk harming their brand......especially given the poor showing of their last experiment Mk vs. DC.....

People have got to stop the hate on MK vs. DC it beat all other MK games in sales bar MK2. If anything MKDA/MKD/MKA were poor experiements, MKvDC was actually quite good for MK's sales let alone gameplay.

I mean it works better than tekken

The characters are more equal and balanced between MK and SF.
SF and tekken? Thats just not even fair, Tekken should have been paired up with Virtua Fighter or DOA!

The only thing that would suck would be its rating
I mean why does capcom care so much!? They make gruesome games (resident evil) so thats not the problem. Its just they dont want to see street fighter characters mutilated, why do they care so much? its just lame as hell on their part!

I'd say no, but I hit yes. 'Cause seriously, as much as the adult in me knows the two games are not compatible in theme or story, the little 90s kid in me has wanted it to happen since before "Vs" fighting games even existed. In my opinion SNK was never a true competitor with Capcom, and Mortal Kombat (at least in the US) was the only franchise who could compete in the 90s.

How would you guys feel if they did it the same way Namco and Capcom are doing Tekken and SF? Like, what if the MK team did an M rated game with characters who actually would and could kill their opponent at the end of their matches, and the Street Fighter team made a T rated game with a more Street Fightery art style?

This is the only way it could reasonably work without compromising the inherent essence of each game. You do an MK vs SF where characters rip each other apart, blow each other up, etc ; ord knows most of the moves in SF are already lethal-looking enough, just look at some of the Ultra Combos! Then you do an SF vs MK where the MK cast has particularly brutal (no gore, just really hard-hitting aesthetically) Super/Ultra moves or whatever.

Only way it could possibly be done without sucking.

Heck, even Dark Stalkers could cross over. It pretty much plays under SF's engine. It'd be an easy way for it to make sales [since Capcom is fearful it wouldn't thus they haven't made a rebirth to that series] throw in MK and let the gore fly. I'm sure Capcom wouldn't mind when Lilithe is capable of cutting people in half at the end of a match as a throw. Let's not mention Jedah.

Simple demonstration. Though he didn't do one of the special finishers [Pretty much a Super/Ultra from SF that ends up destroying the enemy in most cases.] in this video but I think the point is made.

Last edited:
This is the only way it could reasonably work without compromising the inherent essence of each game. You do an MK vs SF where characters rip each other apart, blow each other up, etc ; ord knows most of the moves in SF are already lethal-looking enough, just look at some of the Ultra Combos! Then you do an SF vs MK where the MK cast has particularly brutal (no gore, just really hard-hitting aesthetically) Super/Ultra moves or whatever.

Only way it could possibly be done without sucking.

I think the most interesting idea that could be done in the MK version of that crossover would be Ultra Combos mixed with X-Ray moves, where the principles are similar to the ultras, but we still get to see the X-Ray effect. Those two gameplay elements seem to live in the same gameplay zip code anyway.

People have got to stop the hate on MK vs. DC it beat all other MK games in sales bar MK2. If anything MKDA/MKD/MKA were poor experiements, MKvDC was actually quite good for MK's sales let alone gameplay.

I personally think think one of the biggest reasons MK vs. DC was semi successful is bc that was the only MK available on the next gen systems with next gen graphics and game play....Yes, MK2 was available on ps3 but that's obviously very old and UMK3 on 360 but again, an old game....

Plus also the lure of "oh this game could be hot, just like MvC", i think attracted a lot of people but after it's release, i'd say most people would agree that the game overall was underwhelming...i remember seeing the used copies at game stop pile up and how low the used price was after only being out a few months....

I personally think think one of the biggest reasons MK vs. DC was semi successful is bc that was the only MK available on the next gen systems with next gen graphics and game play....Yes, MK2 was available on ps3 but that's obviously very old and UMK3 on 360 but again, an old game....

Plus also the lure of "oh this game could be hot, just like MvC", i think attracted a lot of people but after it's release, i'd say most people would agree that the game overall was underwhelming...i remember seeing the used copies at game stop pile up and how low the used price was after only being out a few months....

Again though, it was far better than MKDA/MKD/MKA. By far. Sure the fatalities sucked but at least it did everything else right. [Bar storymode which felt awful to me.]