Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
Ed is probably just trolling for now, but I do believe that this crossover is going to happen sooner or later. Money talks.

I would love to see it happen! I just think that MK and SF are too different to be in a game together.

they aren't that different. they are both originally tournaments... like most fighting games. Street Fighter basically lacks blood and MK basically lacks..... a more complex fighting system. perhaps.

Kobra was given the code name Ken during the making of Deception, it shows you how uninspired Ed Boon and Co. were during the 3D era.

if there is one thing i would like to see if this ever happens is the street fighter characters facial reaction (males really) from a split punch from johnny cage....:proud:

I hope it does. My bro likes Sf more then Mk so this gives me a chance to kick his Ryu's ass with Liu Kang :D.
(Even though I already do that with Ken in SSf4) lol
Yea, we will get to play our favorite match ups, but it would totally buzz kill a lot of the MK vibe. Im sure SF fans would agree the same with SF. That is the only concern I have got. Plus possibility of not having a story at all or going by the stale MK vs Dc route for the story.
Also I can't imagine MK characters rendered in the art style of SF and they fighting with the clunky and less fluid/slow fighting mechanic of SF. It just does not mesh well. :(

It would NEVER work.

**** the blood and gore.
I'm not 12 years old anymore, I do not care about fatalities, I'm talking about how they play.
The biggest reason why is the blocking. MK fans hate Street Fighter for having to hold back to block.
SF fans think MK is primitive for having a button for blocking.

They could never mesh. Teleport attacks would rape the back block method.
And Street Fighter's mechanics rely heavily on the jump in mixup that forces the opponent to guess which way to block.
It will and can never happen.

And if it does, neither side will be happy.

I'd actually love to see Liu Kang, Sonya, Stryker, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, and Cyrax in the SF art style lol Liu Kang would probably look the best.

And when he does his bicycle kick? I'm laughing out loud right now :rofl:

I think if there was a SF x MK it would be goofy while MK x SF would be more serious.

Boon posted a winky face. He himself said that a winky face automatically makes the rest of the post before it not count.

As a big fan of both series, I'd still like to see this happen at some point. Obviously the gameplay styles don't mesh at all, but I think that's part of what would be so interesting about it. Tekken and SF don't mesh at all either, but it looks like they're still finding a way to make it work.

That's the same format that would really need to be followed for this crossover, though. Have NRS make an M-rated MK vs. SF with the block button, juggles galore, tap-based specials and fatalities, then have Capcom make a T-rated SF vs. MK with no block button, limited juggle opportunities, motion-based specials and super/ultra combos instead of finishing moves.

One single game with both teams making compromises wouldn't work well and would only stand to alienate fans of each side.

Yea, we will get to play our favorite match ups, but it would totally buzz kill a lot of the MK vibe. Im sure SF fans would agree the same with SF. That is the only concern I have got. Plus possibility of not having a story at all or going by the stale MK vs Dc route for the story.
Also I can't imagine MK characters rendered in the art style of SF and they fighting with the clunky and less fluid/slow fighting mechanic of SF. It just does not mesh well. :(

nice to see someone look beyond the gore factor of this game

even though i kinda want this to happen at the same time i don't there are alot of cool matchups you can come up with but it just seems like idea better written on paper maybe this is better off as dream or a story than a actual game.

at least im writtin a story about this....

According to this japanese web site, Ed Boon mentioned Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter during his acceptance speech or interview after MK won the Interactive Achievement Award for best fighting game of the year. I used a google translator and this is what I came up with.

More trolling by Boon?

A recent tweet by the Troll Master Ono, I don't what is he trying to say tho.

@ gundress I can not be created: to achieve "" Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. "Die in the shooting of trailer If that happens, then maybe would it be? Capcom is fun to interact with Mr. Ed Boon "

Last edited:
Mortal Kombat VS Street Fighter IDEAS

Guys, I have the best idea for a MK vs SF game:

There would be all of the Mortal Kombat 9 Characters and all of the Super Street Fighter 4 Characters. You got to choose to battle in the Mortal Kombat universe, with X-Rays, Blood and Gore, and Fatalities, or Street Fighter Universe, with Super Combos, Ultra Combos, and cel-shaded special effects.

Tell me, do you think this would be a good idea? I also would like to hear some other ideas. Thanks!

-BiffyExtra