Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat

Yes or No for SFVMK

• Yes

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 87 54.4%

• Total voters
The only way I could see this work for an M rating is if NRS takes out Fatalities all together and replace them with Brutalities

what if a mk game was rated Ao

An AO game would more than likely not sell to the public in manly places and be hard to find, in the first place.
MK should just stay at an M-Rating.

MK characters not being able to do fatalities in MKvsDC was bull-shit.

Gameplay is the most important factor to me, but taking out blood and violence from MK is like taking out cheese and tomato sauce from a pizza.
It's just not right.
If I wanted to play a fighting game that wasn't violent, I'd just play Street Fighter, Virtual Fighter or Soul Calibur.

I like my fighting game to have violence to it, and it shouldn't have to be censored just because Ono wants to be a pansy about it.

why is it that the talk about MK crossovers or even guests are considered taboo, but when it's about Street Fighter, it suddenly becomes ok?

Seriously though, the poll results are making me sad knowing that there are that many people who think this is a good idea. I'm saying is, just cause they are both famous that doesnt automaticly make it a good idea for them to mesh. Just like people who think characters from violent games should be added as guests just because MK is violent as well.

why is it that the talk about MK crossovers or even guests are considered taboo, but when it's about Street Fighter, it suddenly becomes ok?

Seriously though, the poll results are making me sad knowing that there are that many people who think this is a good idea. I'm saying is, just cause they are both famous that doesnt automaticly make it a good idea for them to mesh. Just like people who think characters from violent games should be added as guests just because MK is violent as well.

my guess why so many people want it is because it seems like a cool idea on paper since so many mk and sf characters are so similar you can come up with 1 or 3 rival ideas for one character but the main reason in my opinion why this won't work is the gameplay style between them. in Street fighter you have a few fireball users and only like three teleporters but in mk everyone has a projectile of some kind just varying properties (some even have two or three and some ex projectiles are almost new kind of fireball), a large number of teleporters, a block button and a far different button layout from most fighters. besides the blood the to game styles would be a nightmare to mix in

as for guests thats ok in my book since i can still kill em

I agree Sky.
What ever happened to just letting Mortal Kombat be Mortal Kombat?
I REALLY hope that the next MK isn't a cross-over, or have guest characters, or involve Street Fighter.

I just want PURE Mortal Kombat

Recently via twitter feed Yoshinori Ono, the producer of the critically acclaimed Street Fighter IV series, briefly expressed interest in a possible crossover game between Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat characters.

395739_282744171788419_100001585156042_780352_117615617_n.jpg

I don't know about MKvsSF because characters seem to be too over powered withtoo much fireballs in SF. That same doubt comes up when I think about MK vs Marvel or KOF. But if it's MK vs Tekken, Dead or Alive, or Soul Calibur, I wouldn't mind because there is a little to moderate amount of fictional powers.

I don't know about MKvsSF because characters seem to be too over powered withtoo much fireballs in SF. That same doubt comes up when I think about MK vs Marvel or KOF. But if it's MK vs Tekken, Dead or Alive, or Soul Calibur, I wouldn't mind because there is a little to moderate amount of fictional powers.

What?

Every single character in MK has at least one projectile.
And SF has too many fireballs?

i dont hate the idea. it would be ok, but in order to make it work they would have to change either the sf or the mk part of the game too much, leaving the fans of one or the other series dissappointed.

Last edited:
i dont hate the idea. it would be ok, but in order to make it work they would have to change either the sf or the mk part of the game too much, leaving the fans of one or the other series dissappointed.

In this case, make SF character inputs be like MK inputs (like instead of quarter circle forward punch for a fireball, it should be down, forward punch). Also, for SF characters, super brutalities for those characters (with blood and a massive amount of hits from brutal punches, kicks, and powers) as finishers with x-ray damage if they want. For MK characters, keep those nasty fatalities!!!

Recent tweet from Boon to Seth Killian

''Yes, great catching up with you too. Looking forward to our first MKvsSF meeting. 1st order of business: MKvsSF or SFvsMK. ;)''

Recent tweet from Boon to Seth Killian

''Yes, great catching up with you too. Looking forward to our first MKvsSF meeting. 1st order of business: MKvsSF or SFvsMK. ;)''

why not both?

mk x sf could have blood and sf x mk could not have it