MK9 or MK10 Idea

TheTenthKombat

I've got an idea, what if they got all the Original MK Character"s (I hope they kept them forever) and something happens in the timeline and the great One Being is brought back, so he's really the big bad guy in the whole series and it would be awesome if he made a brief appearance or something stating that he is alive in one of the characters endings in MK9 and in MK10, he is back, because it's been 10 games since the original, and they finally have gotten to #10, its the epic double digitals number.

Any thoughts?
:-D

And yes, I believe a 10th game will happen, and may be released in 2012 or 2013.

I never liked the One Being realm shattering armageddon type of story for MK. MK has always been more about the interpersonal relationships of the fighters rather than the overreaching plot. Big bad guy wants to take over other realms is pretty standard for MK, but MK1, 2, and 3 weren't the same game because of all the individual stories.

That would totally be epic, but I dont think they will, I'm still going with The One Being as the massive thing, but I'm sure something big will happen in MK10 for sure.

Who cares about ten yet, bro? Were getting ready for #8, with #9 still well over a year away.

And, for the record, I sense from you hate towards the MKvDC idea...

Ok, thats good.

One thing you need to know about me is how much I love MK, adore the 2-D MK's, and despite playin them until my thumbs fell off, I despise the 3-D MK's. I always hd faith in them until I got them and played them. I mean there was a few bright spots, such as the Konquest Mode in Deception, the krypt unlockables, the artwork and graphics, etc. but the game play was awful.

Anywho, I am looking forward to this mash up of MK'r's and the DCU'r's, lol.

I'm already looking forward to MK9, cause I know MKvsDC will succeed, and I hope they have a storyline that is like MKvsDC with all the cutscenes and stuff, but hopefully MK9 isn't a crossover, just hope its a M rated game, with original characters from MK back to fight in the tournament.

My idea for the MK9 or 10 story would be more along the lines of Deadly Alliance than Deception/Armageddon. Like I said, everybody getting together to save the universe just doesn't suit MK (at least I don't think so). It's just too large scale, from the beginning MK has been based in the idea that a few great fighters can turn the tide of a timeless struggle. That carries through up through Deadly Alliance and somewhat into Deception, comparitively there really are very few fighters trying to stop Onaga as compared to how many want the universe to not be destroyed. But Armageddon put the MK characters in the spotlight, I didn't like that.

I want the MK9/10 bad guy to be Shao Kahn or Shinnok. Bring back the classics like in MKDA. They hinted SO much in MKA that Shinnok has some grand plan. And I've been a fan of Shinnok since MKM so I know he can scheme with the best of 'em.

I've got an idea, what if they got all the Original MK Character"s (I hope they kept them forever) and something happens in the timeline and the great One Being is brought back, so he's really the big bad guy in the whole series and it would be awesome if he made a brief appearance or something stating that he is alive in one of the characters endings in MK9 and in MK10, he is back, because it's been 10 games since the original, and they finally have gotten to #10, its the epic double digitals number.

Any thoughts?
:-D

And yes, I believe a 10th game will happen, and may be released in 2012 or 2013.

They've already done that, it was called Armageddon; and we all know how big of a crapball that turned out to be.

I'd love for Shinnok to come back, he's awesome. I never really liked Shang Tsung because up until MKvDCU he always looked so non-threatening, and Kahn, well youd think an emperor could afford some clothes. There was a disturbing affinity for nudity among the larger characters in the game. So Shinnok looks cooler, and the fact that he's a God too, and not limited to an element like Raiden or Fujin, he could do pretty much anything he wanted without the need for explanation. He could potentially be the most powerful character in the whole of MK, especially if he was to regain Elder God status. Hint hint, Mr. Boon.

Well considering all his powers as an elder god are sealed in his amulet (which he crafted during his first invasion of earthrealm I think...though that might have been retconned) he could very well recover his powers. If perhaps the amulet were shattered that which was sealed inside might return to it's original possessor perhaps? Hmm? Hint hint Mr. Boon.

They've already done that, it was called Armageddon; and we all know how big of a crapball that turned out to be.

I'm pretty sure the One Being wasn't the villain for Armageddon, I don't know, but Midway just make MK10 have something really big,

Last edited:
I'd love for Shinnok to come back, he's awesome. I never really liked Shang Tsung because up until MKvDCU he always looked so non-threatening, and Kahn, well youd think an emperor could afford some clothes. There was a disturbing affinity for nudity among the larger characters in the game. So Shinnok looks cooler, and the fact that he's a God too, and not limited to an element like Raiden or Fujin, he could do pretty much anything he wanted without the need for explanation. He could potentially be the most powerful character in the whole of MK, especially if he was to regain Elder God status. Hint hint, Mr. Boon.

What isn't an emperor allowed to show off his bod to the lades now? I mean, if you had a bod like that would you feel inclined to cover it up? Besides his Emperor of Outworld... I'd like to see you try and make him not go arund almost naked.

More serious answer: I don't think it was a problem with Kahn being dressed as he was actually. He, the Shokan and Centaurs are the only ones I'd keep with the dress code. In the case of Kahn, its just to show off the muscles make him seem larger then life. In the case of the Shokan and Centaurs its because of their arkward body builds.

Everyone else, aside From Liu Kang and Johnny who I'm used to seeing top naked by now, they have no need to be semi-naked. Although the guys here would disagree with me on the female characters.

Well, topless just offers more freedom of motion. Jax goes topless in most of the major titles. Shang Tsung is semi-topless in MK2/3 as are Kung Lao, Unmasked Sub-Zero and Nightwolf in MK3. When you look at it, a great many of the characters in MK go topless (minus the chicks, censors and all that jazz).

Well, topless just offers more freedom of motion. Jax goes topless in most of the major titles. Shang Tsung is semi-topless in MK2/3 as are Kung Lao, Unmasked Sub-Zero and Nightwolf in MK3. When you look at it, a great many of the characters in MK go topless (minus the chicks, censors and all that jazz).

It makes no sense though, when you've got some yellow freak trying to impale you on a spear, or a maniac coming at you with huge spikes coming from his forearms, you should have all the armour you can get your hands on.