Why so much MKP hate?

Indigo

Why do people hate MK Project so much? Granted I haven't played the game, but from what I've seen in Youtube videos, the graphicsc and character sprites are crisp, characters actually FALL FACE DOWN (Ala MK II) after fatalaities, and the gameplay honestly doesn't look that terrible.

What is there to hate?

Aesthetically speaking, agreed, it looks good. The problems generally arise from unbalanced gameplay, arising from players who don't know how to balance their creations. It's sort of like Street Fighter II: The World Warrior - characters like Guile could pull off several Sonic Booms or Flash Kicks without the need to hold Back or Down.

I think it's a MUGEN project. I only ever saw videos of it so I can't say anything about the balance. But yea, extensive testing should be required for any fighting game.

I'm with Tim here, I think that and the fact that it's not from Midway doesn't make it appeal that much to the diehard MK fan IMO.

Plus, Mugen seems to be one of those things I've noticed people either hate or love for some reason.

I for one, liked the first MKP, 4.1 and the engine at times. Some characters were masterfully edited, like a version of MKD Ermac, and the cyborg cyromancer Hydro. However, with progressive sequels and finally the infamous MK Anthology came ridiculous, unneeded and sometimes broken pallette swaps. Although most of the sprite editing was top notch, there was this orange ninja called Flare. He tossed three flaming skulls as one of his specials, and you could just hammer the command in again and again due to there being no cooldown time at all, watching as even Shao Kahn fell victim to spamming unlike ever before, as the screen filled with 40 flaming craniums. Also the difficulty was very unforgiving - each character had to have a specific AI coded for them, and Kabal was near impossible. MKP mugen and it's spinoffs walk a fine line.

I completely despise mkp. It's very broken, the characters are unbalanced, and there are so many glitches that ruined the game. If they actually focused on the gameplay and balancing more rather than just making a bunch of clone characters and like 50 pallette swaps I would give the game a chance.

Last edited:
MKP and Anthology are great games, IF YOU EDIT THEM. Can't stress that enough. They are tools to create your ideal Mortal Kombat. I have edited MK:Anthology, and it is absolutely badass. The first few fights are random, but then the last few I have scripted. First of the scripted fights is Tremor, I have it so you fight him on top of a speeding train. Then Motaro in a Living Swamp stage, then Kintaro on a foggy elevator. Next its Shao Kahn in the Pit 3 Night, then the Gatekeeper at a white portal, then finally Grand Shao Kahn in the Elder God pit.

MKP doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Its a great game and what do you expect from a homemade game based on Mugen fighting system?
yes it is unbalanced just like mugen. if it wasnt on mugen fighting system but on da original system
so stop hating people

For those who haven't heard of it download it here http://bit.ly/huibxF

mortal_kombat1.jpg

MKP and Anthology are great games, IF YOU EDIT THEM. Can't stress that enough. They are tools to create your ideal Mortal Kombat. I have edited MK:Anthology, and it is absolutely badass. The first few fights are random, but then the last few I have scripted. First of the scripted fights is Tremor, I have it so you fight him on top of a speeding train. Then Motaro in a Living Swamp stage, then Kintaro on a foggy elevator. Next its Shao Kahn in the Pit 3 Night, then the Gatekeeper at a white portal, then finally Grand Shao Kahn in the Elder God pit.

MKP doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Thats pretty badass bro! What else is in it?

Thats pretty badass bro! What else is in it?

Anything you want. You pick who you fight, when you fight them, where you fight, what music plays when you fight, and who the final bosses are.

Don't like Kabal? You can take him out of the game completely.

Hate Sonya's name? Change it to Jerry if you feel like.

Anything is possible when your man smells like a man.

Anything you want. You pick who you fight, when you fight them, where you fight, what music plays when you fight, and who the final bosses are.

Don't like Kabal? You can take him out of the game completely.

Hate Sonya's name? Change it to Jerry if you feel like.

Anything is possible when your man smells like a man.

I really don't like MUGEN but yet I never given it a khance. You think you kan give me your version?