Entire MK vs DCU Roster Revealed By Achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Thanks to an accidental <a href="http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mortal-kombat-vs-DC-universe/achievements/">leak of the upcoming achievements</a> in <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_vs_dc_universe/">Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe</a>, we now have the completed list of characters. Those not already confirmed include <b>Baraka</b>, <b>Lex Luthor</b>, plus uber-characters <b>Shao Kahn</b> and <b>Darkseid</b>.
<div style="width:305px; margin:auto;text-align:center;padding:10px 0;"><div style="float:left;width:150px;"><b><u>Mortal Kombat</u></b>
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Sonya
Jax
Shang Tsung
Liu Kang
Raiden
Kitana
Kano
Baraka
Shao Kahn</div><div style="float:left;width:150px;" ><b><u>DC Universe</u></b>
Batman
Superman
Catwoman
Green Lantern
The Joker
Shazam
The Flash
Wonder Woman
Deathstroke
Lex Luthor
Darkseid</div>
<div style="clear:both"></div></div>For now, you can view the whole achievement list via <a href="http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementDetails.aspx?tid=%09%5D:%15%18.mAr%0C">Xbox.com</a> and see for yourself before it gets taken down. There are also lots of other interesting tidbits in the achievements list, like the mention of an unlock-able <b>Dark Kahn</b>, and some mystery mention of a <b>jf</b>.

<b>Update - 12:15pm</b>
<b>Dark Kahn</b> may be an amalgamation of each universe's super-villains, <b>Darkseid</b> and <b>Shao Kahn</b>. We've been hearing rumors from inside sources about this, so we're pretty sure this will be the game's end boss. As soon as we learn more, we will update accordingly.

<b>Update - 4:30pm</b>
Midway has now officially confirmed the final four characters. This makes it 6 out of 7 original playable characters from the original <b>Mortal Kombat</b> and 4 from <b>Mortal Kombat II</b>.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is amazing!

No more dumb good guys and Dark Kahn! I was happy with Shao Kahn, but Dark Kahn sounds even better.

Do we think it is a noob-smoke sortof combination or do Darkseid and Kahn actually combine to form one character?

What the hell is a jf?

And Pat, want to go into more detail of when you saw Kahn and Darkseid like you posted in the other topic on this?

Last edited:
I thought I deleted that post, but no further detail as I realized it was something else and updated this post.

There are a few "problems" with these Achievements, which may mean that they may not be final. If they are, then whomever wrote and submitted these has some explaining to do.

Compeditor (Play 200 Versus Matches) - Typo? Competitor is spelled with two "t's", not a p.
Competitor (Player 100 chat lobby matches) - Why have two of the "same" named achievements?

DC Arcade Champion (Complete Arcade Mode on the MK side) - Both of these seemed switched, or maybe not.
MK Arcade Champion (Complete Arcade Mode on the DC side)

Lexluthor Expert (Complete Lexluthor's expert combos) - These names are one word, not two.
Liukang Expert (Complete Liukang's expert combos)
Shangtsung Expert (Complete Shangtsung's expert combos)
Subzero Expert (Complete Subzero's expert combos)
Greenlantern Expert (Complete Greenlantern's expert combos)
Wonderwoman Expert (Complete Wonderwoman's expert combos)
Shaokhan Expert (Complete Shaokhan's expert combos)

Last edited:
Here are a list of all of the achievements, just in case they're removed.

50 Achievements (1000 points)

DC Chapter 1 done
Complete Story Mode DC Chapter 1

DC Chapter 3 done
Complete Story Mode DC Chapter 3

DC Chapter 5 done
Complete Story Mode DC Chapter 5

MK Chapter 2 done
Complete Story Mode MK Chapter 2

MK Chapter 4 done
Complete Story Mode MK Chapter 4

MK Chapter 6 done
Complete Story Mode MK Chapter 6

Story mode MK
Complete the MK side of Story Mode

Story mode DC
Complete the DC side of Story Mode

DC Arcade Champion
Complete Arcade Mode on the MK side

MK Arcade Champion
Complete Arcade Mode on the DC side

Dark Kahn!
Unlock Both Characters

Compeditor
Play 200 Versus Matches

Fatality!
Do anyone’s fatality

Brutality!
Brutality!

The Finisher
Perform all finishing moves in the game

Combo Champion
Perform a 10 hit combo in arcade mode

Baraka Expert
Complete Baraka's expert combos

Batman Expert
Complete Batman's expert combos

Catwoman Expert
Complete Catwoman's expert combos

Deathstroke Expert
Deathstroke Expert

Flash Expert
Complete Flash's expert combos

Greenlantern Expert
Complete Greenlantern's expert combos

Jax Expert
Complete Jax's expert combos

Joker Expert
Complete Joker's expert combos

Kano Expert
Complete Kano's expert combos

Kitana Expert
Complete Kitana's expert combos

Lexluthor Expert
Complete Lexluthor's expert combos

Liukang Expert
Complete Liukang's expert combos

Scorpion Expert
Complete Scorpion's expert combos

Shangtsung Expert
Complete Shangtsung's expert combos

Shazam Expert
Complete Shazam's expert combos

Sonya Expert
Complete Sonya's expert combos

Subzero Expert
Complete Subzero's expert combos

Superman Expert
Complete Superman's expert combos

Wonderwoman Expert
Complete Wonderwoman's expert combos

Darkseid Expert
Complete Darkseid's expert combos

Shaokhan Expert
Complete Shaokhan's expert combos

Arcade Master
Beat Arcade Max without using a continue

Training mode master:
Finish expert combo mode on MK and DC

Special Moves Pro
Do all special moves including jf’s

Online Chat Match
Win a chat room match Online

Pugilist
Get all 4 hits in KK mode in an Online match

Sway-zee
Counter a KK attack in an Online match

Freefall
Do a freefall special move in an Online match

Switch-A-Roo
Do a freefall switch-a-roo in an Online match

Challenger
Play 10 Ranked Matches

Online Champion
25 Ranked Match wins in a row

Competitor
Player 100 chat lobby matches

Humiliation
Get a flawless victory Online

Raiden Expert
Complete Raiden's expert combos

All it says is beat the game with both characters, I'm assuming meaning Darkseid and Kahn. That doesn't mean it will be a character. I hope it is though.

I can do without Cage, Baraka I'm not " a fanboy of " but much better then Cage easily....if you ask me

Dark Kahn and Shao Kahn and Darkseid you knew had to be in this game for sure. Lex being in is cool too.

nooooooo no lobo!! but dark kahn and baraka makes it all better.omg! imagine what they would look like with this new graphic system!

Man Baraka will look downright scary and Dark Kahn....jeez I don't want to meet him in a dark alley...or a bright sunny meadow for that matter.

I miss the lack of Sektor and Lobo but those 2 weren't on my list of "must haves" just my list of "preferred haves" so I'm still not sulking no way not after hearing about SHAO KAHN! I've been screaming it on these boards for weeks now and it finally happens.

Wow, I'm really surprised Cage didn't make it, but... Baraka and Kahn? Awesome. I expected that Baraka was just too brutal a fighter for this game and wrote him off pretty quickly, so it's great to see that he made the cut. Kahn was certainly the obvious choice for a boss on the MK side, but still, I'm glad he's actually confirmed.

Aw, no Dogwelder...

I'm elated and disappointed all at once. While the last four characters are awesome, now there'll be no more announcements. It's just the long two months until we get the game.

And also, no Shokans! I really did want to see Goro or Kintaro in Next Gen graphics. And still, after all the demand ever since it was announced, no Lobo. Come on Midway, you can cobble together two characters in 2 months can't you?

Aw, no Dogwelder...

I'm elated and disappointed all at once. While the last four characters are awesome, now there'll be no more announcements. It's just the long two months until we get the game.

And also, no Shokans! I really did want to see Goro or Kintaro in Next Gen graphics. And still, after all the demand ever since it was announced, no Lobo. Come on Midway, you can cobble together two characters in 2 months can't you?

Hey, there's still the story mode to find out about. But with the announcement of Dark Kahn, people would kinda know what the story would lead up to. Two badasses merge together to form one bigger and better badass?

Wow, I'm really surprised Cage didn't make it, but... Baraka and Kahn? Awesome. I expected that Baraka was just too brutal a fighter for this game and wrote him off pretty quickly, so it's great to see that he made the cut. Kahn was certainly the obvious choice for a boss on the MK side, but still, I'm glad he's actually confirmed.

I believe Midway was looking for another "villain" from the Mortal Kombat side, so Cage would have put the "Good Guys" at 6 with Sonya, Jax, Kitana, Raiden, Liu Kang. They looked to even it out on the "evil" side.

Lobo and Goro would be good to have as DLC or hidden characters. They both has similarly spelled 4 letter names after all. That makes them a counterpart doesn't it?

I can honestly say this news of Dark Kahn, Baraka and Luthor has got me bummed.

The idea of a merged boss is kinda lame, IMO. And I am very amped about Kahn being in the game, but I dont want him playable. He was so much more badass when he sucked all the tokens out of your pocket or made you wanna throw your controller through your TV screen.

And Baraka over Kung Lao, Kabal, Reptile or Ermac? LAME....IMO.

Lex Luthor should be in the game, but not as a fighter. I understand his place in the DCU, and he is a GREAT villian, but seriously, can he really hang with the Superman's, the Shazam's, or the Wonder Woman's, yet alone with Raiden, Jax, etc.

I kinda feel a bit let down with this news....and shame on whoever let this info leak this early. lame.

end rant/

I can honestly say this news of Dark Kahn, Baraka and Luthor has got me bummed.

The idea of a merged boss is kinda lame, IMO. And I am very amped about Kahn being in the game, but I dont want him playable. He was so much more badass when he sucked all the tokens out of your pocket or made you wanna throw your controller through your TV screen.

And Baraka over Kung Lao, Kabal, Reptile or Ermac? LAME....IMO.

Lex Luthor should be in the game, but not as a fighter. I understand his place in the DCU, and he is a GREAT villian, but seriously, can he really hang with the Superman's, the Shazam's, or the Wonder Woman's, yet alone with Raiden, Jax, etc.

I kinda feel a bit let down with this news....and shame on whoever let this info leak this early. lame.

end rant/

What did you expect with the boss? It was either a merged boss or a brand new boss from neither MK nor DC. They had to make each boss equal to not favor one side over the other. So its either a Noob-Smoke sortof boss of a crazy boss where the two are combined into one.

And Baraka was an obvious choice over all of those guys because he is not only better but THERE ARE NO VILLIANS IN THE GAME! We needed someone to give this game some excitement besides The Joker. Kabal = boring. Kung Lao = cool, but too many good guys. Reptile = should've been chosen over Jax. Ermac = lame as you would say.

As for Lex Luthor - see The Joker. The Joker is probably going to be the best character and the character that sells the game to non MK or DC fans. He cant hang with any of the DC characters besides Batman, but again he will be one of the best in the game. And Superman cant take a piss without Lex Luthor. He was an obvious choice.

I can definitely understand Lex Luthor. I wanted the Joker playable so badly I just couldn't wish that heartache on the Luthor fans out there. As for Baraka, I think he's a fine choice. Personally I prefer Reptile, Noob Saibot, or Kabal but only slightly. Whatchoo mean kabal is boring? He's crazy cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.