People who play MKII on PSN or UMK3 on XBL...

Great idea man, well for me right now I don't have a 360 just old Xbox : ( but I'll be sure to let you know once I get a 360 and will be playing tons of MK vs. DC I can tell ya : )

I was going to ask about UMK3 DS but there's already a forum for that lol.

Great idea man, well for me right now I don't have a 360 just old Xbox : ( but I'll be sure to let you know once I get a 360 and will be playing tons of MK vs. DC I can tell ya : )

I was going to ask about UMK3 DS but there's already a forum for that lol.

You need a 360 ASAP!

And make sure you DL UMK3 first!!! ;)

man i wish they had mkii on xbl...i'd be playing that all the time.

yeah!!! That way i would sell my ps3 'cause that's the main reason i bought it in the first place......i hardly play something else in ps3. I play most of the time mkii and gears of war.

Is there a way to make a petition list to midway so they manage to release it in the xbla???

yeah!!! That way i would sell my ps3 'cause that's the main reason i bought it in the first place......i hardly play something else in ps3. I play most of the time mkii and gears of war.

Is there a way to make a petition list to midway so they manage to release it in the xbla???

Oh definitely, not to mention it would play soo much better I bet then PS3's version : ) imagine the same added round robin mode, awesomeness!

@ Tim lol you bet man, I'm currently saving.

Oh definitely, not to mention it would play soo much better I bet then PS3's version : ) imagine the same added round robin mode, awesomeness!

@ Tim lol you bet man, I'm currently saving.

You better be saving...

anyway, the MKII on PSN is by far the better port of MK (this is not a comparison of MKII vs UMK3) and plays alot better. Its as close to arcade perfect MKII Rv3.1 that your gonna find online, and that includes Kaiileria. Its solid. But it has its faults, such as no chat, doesnt show the names of the players on screen, there is only 2 people per room (which does cut down on lag, but the best fun is when you have 3 or 4, like UMK3 on XBL). So many things have been changed with UMK3 on XBL, its slower button response,you do random select with Up & the A button, not start, etc. Both are good, but if you compared them, MKII on PSN is a better overall experience. :-D

MK2 the port I have no issues with, just the online play on PS3....UMK3 for me anyway played way better for both the 360 and DS online, especially now that I have faster internet. But when I played it, it was at my buds house who has fios(which is insanely fast) It was fun MK2 online, but man every other player I played was safe on just about every move I did....it was bs honestly but if you like to play online MK2 I guess it's the way to go. I don't know how it plays on Kailli so I can't judge that version. I did used to have UMK3 on there though which played pretty alright.

My biggest issues was the safeness/lag when I played it, no chat(that I don't care much about though overall) and the fact that there's no lobby/for multiple players.

If you were having lag, delay issues, I'm about 95% sure it was the other persons connection. Since the PS3 has build in Wi-Fi, too many people use it, and when it comes to a game that is basically broken down into frames, like any of the 2-D MK's are, then its just total frustration, and it sucks @$$.

I've played UMK3 on XBL with lag that would make you want to throw your 360 out a window.

Why do fighting games suffer from so much lag? You would think that with just position and button inputs you would have very little to transfer across the interwebs. I confess I am immensely frustrated by anything network or internet related so I know close to nothing about how the system actually works. But it just seems like FPS's or racing games have so much more complicated nonsense to be flung from person to person (usually 8 to 16 in fact, as opposed to a fighting game's 2 to 4) than ANY fighting game. So why don't I get massive l4gz0rs when I play CoD4 or R6 Vegas but TONS when I play Soul Calibur 4 or MKA?

If you were having lag, delay issues, I'm about 95% sure it was the other persons connection. Since the PS3 has build in Wi-Fi, too many people use it, and when it comes to a game that is basically broken down into frames, like any of the 2-D MK's are, then its just total frustration, and it sucks @$$.

I've played UMK3 on XBL with lag that would make you want to throw your 360 out a window.

Ohh yeah I hear ya, lag overall is "unescapable" no matter which console you play it on, but from my personal experiences 360>Sony if I had to choose.

I have also when at my buds house lagged at times with UMK3, but not nearly as bad as the MK2 games....damn lol it seemed like everyone I played had shitty connection. Like you said, wifi is a big reason for it. I always prefer wired>wireless honestly if I can.

@ Glamador, lag happens in all games online especially in fighters....it's annoying at times, depending on the lag it can effect safeness on certain moves that normally would be punishable, the deal with frames like Tim mentioned also plays a role, it also alters tiers of characters online as oppose to offline too depending on the game.

But yeah...lag sucks : ( but it's the sacrifice us online players make in exchange for comp and playing with our friends :)

Well I know lag is unacceptable and I know that input delay is the single biggest killer of me in online fighters. But what I don't understand is the distinct different lag makes to fighters vs. other genres and how fighting games seem to suffer from it worse than any other genre I've played. Lag may be present in CoD4 and I'm just not noticing it because it doesn't make as much of a difference perhaps. But as far as I can tell fighters have it the worst and I simply can't figure out why.

Well I know lag is unacceptable and I know that input delay is the single biggest killer of me in online fighters. But what I don't understand is the distinct different lag makes to fighters vs. other genres and how fighting games seem to suffer from it worse than any other genre I've played. Lag may be present in CoD4 and I'm just not noticing it because it doesn't make as much of a difference perhaps. But as far as I can tell fighters have it the worst and I simply can't figure out why.

i know what you mean, i've had some pretty gnarly matrix style slow motion fights on mk2. WTF is up with that?:hmmmm:

i know what you mean, i've had some pretty gnarly matrix style slow motion fights on mk2. WTF is up with that?:hmmmm:

Its people who either 1. Use the Wi-Fi, and/or play whil downloading stuff from the PSN Store 2. Have a terrible hard line connection and/or live either in Mexico or on another continent, or, 3. Have a hard line connection and play while someone else is using the interent connection in their house.

Fighting games just cannot handle the even slightest bit of delay :(

It all comes down to the frames. And when a game, especially like the old 2-D MK's and SF's, etc, and even with newer 3-D fighters, has that kind of slowdown, it mess's up timing, it slows down the frames, and hits are missed, blocking doesnt happen before your hit, even if you push it before they hit you. Its terrible. Shooters and other games can deal with it better, but fighting games are damn near impossible to get away with even minimal lag.

Thus, that is why netplay isnt considered a real form of competition in this genre. Its a joke.

If the connection is playable I see no problems, but if someone is seriously lagging horribly I can't see taking any game with extreme lag seriously, despite the genre honestly.

Wifi with consoles though IMO sucks....

TIM, why didn't you sign me up here?

Even though I retired from UMK3...I'll still play if someone challenges me. =P

GT : PK ButtMan

I'm in! GT is VinnyPoo.

I bought this game yesterday. I can't even beat the first fighter in arcade mode. Even at the lowest difficulty. Arghh.

i wanna rock some domes soon, or have mine rocked. tim, i'll hit you up next time i see you on psn. wooo hahahahaha?:_evil::hmmmm: p.s. is it safe to say i challenge you to mortal kombat?:ciao: