RAGE!... NY Style...

The 7th Number

rageweapon.jpg

http://www.noob.com has a new pic that says "RAGE!" with text hidden under it saying "NY Style". Any ideas guys???

What character is known for his rage, this cant be that hard. Any DC fans out there to help?

When I hear rage I think Atrocitus. While he's really, really new, maybe they're trying to hype up intrest in the comics and the upcoming Blackest Night.

Ok, so it's a stretch, but I don't feel like thinking really hard about what it could mean.

Rage Meter. Its under your characters life meter. When doing special moves and combos, it fills up. Once filled, you are able to do a finishing move after you win. If you win and its not filled, no finishing move for you. That is "MY GUESS". Maybe they wanted to add a bit of....skill? involved in doing a fatality or something.

Wasn't rage mentioned on Noob.com before? Ages ago when they showed pictures of those 4 animals, didn't the first letter of each one spell out "RAGE"?

A rage meter sounds like a cool idea although I'm not too sure about having to earn a fatality. Don't really have any ideas about it myself though but hopefully it'll be revealed soon :D Wouldn't count on it with Ed though!

It's the NY style that puzzles me the most. Referring to a real-world city doesn't fit with the DC thing. MK hasn't used a real world location either, but it hasn't been specifically mentioned where anything is in the MK universe.

i hope their is tons of secrets in this game, just like the arcade days with finding the hidden characters, hehe.

Rage Meter. Its under your characters life meter. When doing special moves and combos, it fills up. Once filled, you are able to do a finishing move after you win. If you win and its not filled, no finishing move for you. That is "MY GUESS". Maybe they wanted to add a bit of....skill? involved in doing a fatality or something.

I think you might be on to something. Every fatality or Brutality weve seen, the character looks at you first with crazy eyes, like he was enraged for whatever reason.

I like the meter idea so far.

I don't like that. Winning and having to correctly input the button combo is cost enough to perform a fatality and always has been. I know several people who still can't perform a fatality every time. Why make it even harder to do what has been a staple of MK forever?

No, I would rather have the RAGE meter (borrowing your ideas, my pardons) be used to build up for super moves a la Street Fighter. But I do not want these "super moves" to be incredible damaging attacks that win you the match. I hate that crap.

Here's another idea, how about when the RAGE meter is full you get unbreakable Klose Kombat mode or extra damage on your attacks etc.

I know I'm reaching deep in the bag for this one, but what if NY doesn't stand for the obvious New York?

There is a character in DC comics named Nao Yut. He's the illegitemate son of a princess. Now, I'm sure he won't be in the game, because I don't think anybody knows or cares about this character, but that was just an example.

I hope there is no special meter though.

It's probably means nothing, but Rage as written there looks a lot like how they wrote Rage on the cover of Titans #3. When my hands aren't covered in Dorito seasoning I'll have to dig it out and read it again. I think they were in New York in that issue, too.

I'm grasping at straws. Darn Ed Boon and his gosh darn website.