MK VS DC Fanfic

LeoTMNT

Hey guys, just turned 18 today, kind of hard to beileve. I've been working on a MK VS DC fic, I have about ten chapters done, I have to look them all over as I post them up. Tell me what you think.

Tomorrow Begins Now

Chapter 1

A New World

Deep inside a cave the man known as Batman is hard at work as he pulls up information on a case he is working on. Suddenly his computer blacks out as error appears on the screen. Bruce try’s everything he can to fix this problem, he even restarts the whole thing, but the screen still say’s error. Batman then pushes a button on the table and talks into it.

“Alfred, could you come down here a minute.” Batman said into the communicator only to find that it was not working.

“What is going on?” Batman thought to himself as wording started appearing on the front screen.

It read: “Hello Gotham’s finest crime fighters, I have contacted you because your world is in great jeopardy, everyone will be dead soon! Go to the following ‘link’ for where your boat will be leaving, you have Twenty Four hours. Oh yes, and don’t even think about bringing anyone else. Hope to see you, Batman and Robin. P.S. come suited, you’re earths last hope."

“What is this? Looks like something a little kid would have written.” Batman said as he tried to track down where the message was sent from.

He found nothing. This bugged him; his super computer usually could trace any thing back to its source. He then looked at the message again and clicked on the link. It gave him directions to what appeared to be the docks of Japan. His computer went back to normal.

“It looks like me and Tim will be taking a little trip.” Batman said as he clicked a button on the computer as he sat back.

Suddenly someone appeared on the screen.

“Hey Batman, how may the Teen Titans assist you?”

“Hello Blue Beetle, I want you to give these directions to Robin and have him meet me there tomorrow.” Batman replied.

“No problem, I’ll give it to him right away, if he’s not busy. You know how he gets when he is thinking?” Blue Beetle replied.

“Batman out.” He said as he turned off his communicator.

“I don’t know who this mystery person is, but I guess we’ll find out.” Batman said to himself as he headed up stairs and began to prepare a few things for his trip.

“Will you be gone long master Bruce?” Alfred asked.

“I wouldn’t count on it, I’d say about a day or so.” Bruce replied as he headed down into the Batcave. As he approached his computer Blue Beetle appeared on the screen.

“Batman, Robin is already on his way there, he said he’ll wait for you for instructions.” Blue Beetle said.

“Good, I’ll be on my way shortly.” Batman said as Blue Beetle disconnected.

Batman put on his standard gadget’s as he walked over and hopped into the Bat plane. He put it on auto pilot as he typed in the address. He then laid back and let his thoughts surface. He slept a little on his journey, only for about six hours. When he got close to the docks he jumped out of the Batplane. No one was in sight, not even Robin. Batman walked forward a little, then he heard a loud sound coming from up in the air, he turned to see a recognizable face.

“Superman, what are you doing here?” Batman asked.

“I could ask you the same thing.” Superman replied.

“I was invited along with Robin.” Batman said.

“Um, funny I was as well, they said not to bring anyone.” Superman said.

“How did they contact you?” Batman asked.

“Low frequency only I could hear.” Superman said.

“I wonder if this is some kind of set up.” Batman said.

Suddenly they heard a loud noise which was approaching them, and fast. It was none other then the Flash.

“You to?” Superman asked.

“What are you guy’s doing hear?” Wally asked.

“It looks like we were all invited.” Batman said as someone flew down next to him.

“Wonder Woman, you were invited to?” Flash asked.

“I guess we all were.” Batman said.

“It looks that way.” Batman said as someone approached him from behind.

“It looks like your all hear, follow me.” A man dressed in a black tuxedo, with black hair said.

“What is this all about?” Superman asked.

“You’ll know more in time, follow me.” He said.

Batman tried to grab him but his hands went through.

“What is he, some kind of hologram?” Flash asked as all of them followed him.

They all walked for about a minute in silence. Then they came to five different large boats. All of the boats were topless and looked raggedy. They were all made out of wood.

“Choose your Destiny.” The hologram man said.

“Ah, what now?” Flash asked.

“He means choose a boat.” Superman replied.

“How about we split into groups?” Batman suggested.

“Good idea, Batman me and you will go on that one.” Superman said as him and Batman went onto the bridge which leads to the boat in the middle.

Without saying anything Wonder Woman went to the first one on the left.

“Great, she had to pick the scariest looking one.” Flash said as he slowly slouched on behind her.

Batman and Superman got onto the boat to see many different types of people, and alien looking creatures. Some had shields and swords while others looked more to just having brute strength.

“Now I’m more confused then ever, what is going on?” Superman asked.

“I don’t know.” Batman replied.

They didn’t recognize anyone on the boat as they walked around. Then suddenly Superman felt someone tapping his shoulder, he turned around to see Hal/the Green Lantern.

“You guy’s were invited to?” He asked.

“I wonder who else they invited.” Batman said.

“I’ve never seen any of these guy’s before.” Green Lantern said.

“Nor have we.” Superman replied as the three of them walked over to a corner

Suddenly a tall muscular alien creature walked up to Superman.

“You soon die Kal-El.” He said with a smirk as he walked off.

A long moment of silence goes by.

“So anyone have at least a 1 clue on what the heck is going on?” Green Lantern asked.

All three of them were now even more confused than ever. Suddenly the hologram man from earlier appeared in the middle of the ship.

“Greetings fellow fighters, we have made our last stop. We will now head to the battle grounds.” He said.

“What do you mean, what is going on?” Superman asked.

“A tournament.” He said.

“What tournament?” Batman asked.

“You’ll know more in time Batman.” The hologram man said as he disappeared.

To Be Continued

Pretty good.

I know the subject for this is MKvDC, but this kinda of thread goes here:

http://forums.realmmedia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

And, and by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

umkturns1.gif

Tim static not being a dbag for once...im shocked.

Anyways is this really yours? I remember reading an amazing story/novel on here a while ago and it was just some douche who hijacked it from some clever person on MKO.

Jeary, quit trying to start shit (and don't act like you're not trying). If you think that adding "by the way, Tim is a douchebag" every chance you get somehow demonstrates a better moral compass than what he's posting, you're way off.

Apologies to Leo if I've derailed your thread.

Don't worry, Deathcore. I'll re-rail it... This fanfic is awesome. When will you post the next chapter?

Thanks guy's. Yah I wrote this, I've been working on it for a bit now. I'm actually up to chapter 11, sorry for the lack of updates, I'll post three up now.

Tomorrow Begins Now
Chapter 2
Arrival

Hours went by as the Flash walked in circles on board the ship. When he finally stopped he looked around not to see Wonder Woman in site.

“Oh great, I wonder where she ran off to.” Wally said as he looked around only to see strangers.

Suddenly a guy wearing a samurai suite of gold approached Flash.

“Hey aren’t you that guy called Flash who run’s fast?” He asked.

“Yah, you heard about me?” Flash asked.

“Yep, I’m from planet Numico, I really want to challenge your worlds Superman. Next time you see him, tell him that would yah.” He said as he walked off.

“Are you kidding me, why is everything always about Superman. I guess being the fastest man alive really doesn’t matter these day’s.” Flash said to himself as he looked out to the endless ocean.

Wonder Woman was in the lower deck of the boat sitting up in a corner resting. Suddenly she heard two people approaching her. She slowly looked up feeling a little drowsy. It was two men.

“Well hello there beautiful.” One of them said.

“What’s your name?” The other one asked as he slid down next to her.

Right as she was about to say something someone appeared in a very dark corner of the ship.

“I wouldn’t mess with her if I was you.” A male voice said from in the darkness.

“And who exactly do you think you are?” The man sitting next to her said as he got up and walked over to him along with his friend.

“Little boy you should really learn to mind your business.” He said as he turned to walk back over to Wonder Woman.

“And you really need to let the lady have her space.” The voice said.

The two men faced him once again. Wonder Woman did not like this one bit; she didn’t like other people fixing her problems. Before she could do anything the men were already over there again.

“Look kid, this is adult stuff, I suggest you shut it dick head.” He said as he began to walk off.

“What makes you think you can handle a big girl like her, when you can’t handle a little dick like me?” The voice asked.

Immediately the guy turned around and swung, a fight broke out. Suddenly ten more guys’s jumped in to beat on him. Wonder Woman wanted to help him but couldn’t see which one he was, or what his intentions on defending her were. The fight only lasted for a minute. Then the twelve guys’ who attacked him ran up the stairs in fear. Wonder Woman slowly got to her feet; she felt a cold chill go down her spine. She really wondered who this mystery guy was.

“Are you ok?” The voice asked.

“What do you want from me?” She asked in an angry tone.

“I knew you were cranky, but give a guy a little credit.” He said.

“I didn’t need your help.” She said raising her voice.

“Thought you might have wanted to, you know rest.” The figure said as he came into the light.

“Robin?” Wonder Woman said just a little surprised to see him.

“Have you seen Batman?” Robin asked.

“Yes, he’s on another boat.” She replied.

“I’m still confused on what this whole journey is about.” Robin said as Flash came racing into the room.

“Was there a fight or something?” Flash asked.

“What makes you think that?” Robin asked as a smirk came over his face.

“Besides that smile of yours, those men who came running up all beat up.” Flash replied.

“Robin did all the fighting.” Wonder Woman said.

“We better head up, we’ll be on land soon.” Flash said.

The three of them walked up the stairs as they got onto the deck. Robin looked around to see that the twelve men were glaring at him. Wonder Woman noticed this as she wrapped her arm around his laying her head on his shoulder.

“Thank you for saving me.” She said in a girly voice to make the two men from earlier jealous.

They walked over to the far part of the ship as she released her grip on Robin. Just as Wally said the shore wasn’t far.

“It will be nice to finally set foot on land after these two day’s of nothing but sea.” Robin said.

“You’re telling me, I’ve had enough of this.” Flash said.

Suddenly cannon’s can be seen shot off from the shore. Before anyone can react Wonder Woman is hit knocking her right through the boat. Not only is there boat under attack but the other four as well. Robin quickly jumps into the water. Flash keeps running around as he doges all of the cannon balls.

“I have an idea.” Flash said to himself as he spun in a circle making a tornado which flung the cannon balls into the ocean.

About a minute later the shooting stopped. Flash then soon realized, on the shore Robin had taken out the guy’s firing them. Flash jumped off the boat as he ran clear over the water to find Robin holding a guy by his shirt.

“Who sent you?” Robin asked questioning him.

The guy fainted. It was mid day and the sun was beating down on them. Those who survived made there way to shore. Superman and Green Lantern flew down to the two of them as Batman came swimming in.

“There you are Robin, we were wondering if you would show.” Superman said.

“Where’s Wonder Woman?” Batman asked.

Robin and Flash then remembered, they all turned out to the ocean to see her body floating. Superman flew out to the sea as he brought her back and laid her on the ground.

“What happened?” Superman asked.

“She got hit by a cannon ball, but I thought something like that really wouldn’t effect her.” Flash said.

“That would be the case if we were on earth.” Batman said.

“What do you mean?” Hal asked.

“Were not anywhere near home, my communicator is picking up nothing.

“But it feels like were on earth to me.” Superman said.

“Maybe a different realm of earth.” Robin suggested.

“He might be right.” Batman said.

“Hey guy’s, unconscious Amazon girl hear.” Flash reminded.

Silence goes by.

“Batman, maybe you could give her mouth to.” Flash said as he is cut off.

“This is a job for Superman.” Batman quickly replied as he turned his back.

“What, since when?” Superman asked.

“Fine then, Hal you do it.” Flash said.

“How about you do it, after all it was your idea.” Green Lantern replied.

Tim shook his head in annoyance as he bent over and gave Wonder Woman a push on the chest while inserting oxygen into her mouth with his. After about three try’s she awoke and slowly stood to her feet. Superman, Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern all had not noticed.

“Glad to see you’re alright.” Superman said.

“Who gave her mouth to mouth?” Batman asked as he turned back around.

“No one did, she awoke on her own.” Flash said.

Robin and Wonder Woman glanced at each other and said nothing.

“Where did everyone go?” Superman asked.

“They probably wondered into the woods?” Batman said.

“Let me guess, we split into groups right?” Flash asked.

“Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, your with me. Superman, Robin, and Flash you guy’s check out the west side of the island, we’ll take the east.” Batman said as the two groups went there ways.

Superman, Flash, and Robin took there time as they walked around looking for where the other’s could have gone to.

“Superman can’t you sense where everyone is?” Tim Drake asked.

“It’s kind of weird but ever since we got onto this island it seems like my powers, well, degraded.” Superman said.

“I think mine are fine.” Flash said as he ran off to test his speed.

About a minute passed.

“Robin stay here, I’m going to go see if I can find what happened to Flash.” Superman said.

Robin stood there in the silence for minutes to come. He just looked over the forest and its wonders as he waited. But something felt wrong, it had to be. Someone was watching him. He didn’t say anything or move; he just sat there and listened. He bent his head over as he closed his eyes. Then out of nowhere he shifted his body as he threw a birdarang into one of the trees. At that point a female dressed in a blue suite with a blue ninja mask over her face and moth jumped down in front of him.

“Well, well, looks like I found my stalker.” Robin said.

She didn’t say anything back.

“I’m Robin, and you are?” He asked but still got no reply.

Suddenly she pulled something out from behind her, they were steal fans made for combat as she got in a fighting stance.

“Look lady, trust me when I tell yah, you seriously don’t want to do this.” Robin said as she charged him.

She swung her sharp fans at him; Robin could feel the air swoop by as he is almost sliced in the neck. As he doges he attacks she surprises him by kicking him across the face using her right foot. Robin falls to the ground along with his confidence. He flips onto his back to still see her in a fighting stance.

“You lost round one, bird boy.” She said as Robin flipped to his feet.

To her surprise he pulled out a metal Bo staff as he took charge at her. Before she could make any moves Robin knocked both of her fans out of her hands while he swung his staff around then he caught her in the face with his left hand. She reacted by swinging at him, Robin ducked as he tripped her; she instantly reacted by grabbing his neck with her legs and swinging him to the ground. By the time she got up Robin was up as well.

“She’s better then I thought.” Robin said to himself

Robin then charged at her with a plan, as he got close to her he jumped over her, she read this and punched in the direction. To her surprise all she hit was his cape, a second later she got elbowed in the side of the neck sending her to the ground on top of his cape face first. She slowly flipped over to see Robin holding his hand out.

“Good match.” He said as he helped her to her feet.

“So, your name is Robin?” She asked.

“It’s basically my code name.” He replied.

Not even a second later Superman flew right next to Robin and Flash came running in.

“Where was he?” Robin asked.

“I was trying to see how fast I could go, turns out I’m not as fast in this new world.” Flash said.

“Who’s your new friend?” Superman asked.

“Um, well.” Robin stated.

“My name is Kitana, Princess of Edenia.” She replied.

“And this is Flash and Superman.” Robin said.

“Superman?!” She asked.

“Your voice, were you the one who contacted me to come here?” Superman asked.

“Yes, but I told you to come alone. It will be dangerous.” She said.

“So you didn’t contact me and Flash?” Robin asked.

“No.” She replied.

“There must be more people in need, we were also contacted.” Flash said.

“I’m feeling some kind of set up.” Robin said as he picked his cape up from the ground and put it back on.

Suddenly the bushes to their right began to move as ten weird creatures surrounded them.

“Friends of yours?” Superman asked Kitana.

“No, these are Tarkatan warriors.” Kitana said as the balled creatures with sharp teeth moved in on them.

“Uh, you guy’s really don’t want to fight us, he’s the man of steal.” Flash said pointing at Superman.

“We Tarkatan’s of steel.” One of the Tarkatan’s said as all of them shot blades out of there arms.

“Nice work Flash.” Superman said as him, Robin, Kitana, and Flash got into their fighting stances.

To Be Continued

Tomorrow Begins Now
Chapter 3
Allies and Enemies

Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern were unsuccessful in finding anyone as they moved on. It was cooling off a little as more clouds began to fill the sky. No one said a word for the next half hour. Batman led the way as they walked deeper into the forest. Suddenly he stopped as he looked around.

“We’re being followed.” Batman said.

“I had that same feeling.” Wonder Woman said in agreement.

The three of them slowly moved on, but this time observing their surroundings more than ever. Hal was very interested to really find out what was going on, on this island. Suddenly Batman heard a crack sound that came from up in the tree’s. He put his hand up to alarm the others to stop. He stood there for a second, but only for a second.

“It’s probably nothing major.” Batman said as he began walking again.

And as the three began walking again they felt a slight breeze brush past their faces as someone dropped out of the tree and landed right in front of Batman. It was a female wearing a black and pink out fit, with a ninja mask over her mouth.

“Hello Batman.” She said.

“Who are you, and why are you following us?” Batman asked.

She simply pulled out to ninja sai’s and got in a fighting stance. Batman just stood there as she charged at him. As she got near him she swung her blades at him as Batman easily dodged all of her attempts to hit him. Batman then took the offence as he knocked the sai’s out of her hands with his right hand, and as he did he tripped her to the ground.

“Enough.” A voice said as a man came walking up to Batman.

“Who are you?” Batman asked.

“Not bad, you might be able to save your world after all.” The man said with a few claps.

The woman got to her feet as she walked up to the man.

“I’m Shang Tsung, a sorcerer. And this is Mileena.” He responded.

“Why are you following us?” Batman asked again.

“Who are these friends of yours?” Shang Tsung asked.

“I’m Wonder Woman, and this is Green Lantern.” Diana replied.

“If I remember correctly I only wanted only you and Robin, where is he anyway?” Shang Tsung asked.

“He’s busy at the moment.” Batman replied.

“Well if you didn’t invite us here, then who did?” Hal Jordan asked.

“It could be anyone, if our world is in jeopardy there is no telling.” Wonder Woman said.

“What is so big that you only wanted me and Robin?” Batman asked.

“The task I need done must be done by the greatest, I heard you two were the real goods.” Shang Tsung replied.

“And who exactly told you that?” Batman asked trying to investigate.

“It doesn’t really matter, you and your friends follow me, there is much to be done.” Shang Tsung said.

Far on the other side of the island the tarkatan warriors move in closer as everyone readies themselves for battle. Superman sucked in large amounts of air, then blew out as he froze all of the tarkatan warriors around them. With in seconds they all unfroze.

“Oh great, now what?” Flash asked.

“We’ll have to take them down the old fashion way.” Robin said as he pulled out his staff.

“He’s right.” Superman said.

The three fighters Robin, Superman, and Flash began there attack. Kitana watched as the three of them as they did, she was amazed at what she saw. She had never seen someone move at such speed as what the Flash was doing as he ran circles around most of them. Then there was Robin, she found it very impressive for someone his age to fight as well as he did, she also found an interest to some of the gadget’s he used. Last she looked over at Superman, he was everything she had expected, he had speed, strength, and unique abilities all wrapped in one.

“Stop or this one dies!” A Tarkatan yelled as he held Flash by the neck with one of his blades pointed at him.

Flash thought quickly as he vibrated his body going through the tarkatan and getting away.

“Hey, where did he go?” The tarkatan said as he felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned around to be punched to the ground by Flash.

Suddenly the four of them heard clapping and laughter up in the tree’s as yet another Tarkatan joined the phrase jumping down.

“You three hooligans are better then I thought.” He said.

“I’m assuming you’re there leader, who are you?” Superman asked.

“I am Baraka, if you know what’s good for you; you will hand over the princess.” He said.

“Good luck taking her.” Flash said as he zoomed over at Baraka.

Baraka had expected this as he held his foot out tripping Flash.

“Robin I’m going to get Kitana out of here, you think you and Flash can handle this guy?” Superman asked.

“No problem.” Robin said as he tossed a tracking device to Clark.

“I can handle myself.” Kitana assured.

“We have better options.” Superman said as he threw her onto his back and flew off.

Timothy turned to face a smiling Baraka.

“Bad move bird boy, you just sealed your life sentence.” Baraka said.

Flash got to his feet a few seconds later.

“It doesn’t matter which one of you dies first.” Baraka said.

“I can assure you no one will.” Robin said as he threw a birdrang at Baraka who sliced it in half.

After he cut it in half Robin was nowhere to be seen. Then when he turned around he is kicked to the ground by Robin. He quickly jumps back to his feet as he try’s to slash Robin with his blades which Robin doges by jumping back.

Flash comes running back into the fight as he knocks Baraka a few yards away with a speed punch. As Baraka gets up Flash run’s over and grabs him and swings him at super speed sending him through a tree.

“That takes care of that.” Flash say’s as Baraka gets up yet again.

“He’s tougher than you think Flash.” Robin said.

“Is that all you got speed boy?” Baraka asked.

Annoyed by being called boy Flash races over towards him, Baraka predicts this and knocks the Flash to the ground.

“Try running now?” Baraka say’s as he hold his blade up.

Not even a second later Robin shoot’s his bird grappler out wrapping it around Baraka and swinging him into a spiky bush.

“Thanks Robin.” Flash said as he got to his feet.

Baraka jumped out of the bush infuriated.

“How many gadgets does that kid have?” Baraka thought to himself.

“Don’t tell us you’re all gassed out.” Flash joked

Baraka jumped into the air, Robin reacted while throwing a birdrang at him. Baraka cut it in half once again but this time he got electrified as he fell to the ground.

“Nice move Robin, you think he’s out for the count?” Flash asked.

“I’m not sure.” Tim Drake said as he slowly walked over to the laying body.

Not even a second later Baraka jumped up as he swung his blade at Robin. It was so fast Tim didn’t see it coming; the blade came with in inches of his face but stopped moving. Robin quickly jumped back to see Baraka was frozen. Suddenly someone pushed Robin to the side as they kicked the frozen Baraka off the edge of the mountain down to the sea.

Flash and Robin were still taking in how fast all this happened.

“Thanks.” Robin said to his savior.

It was a man dressed in a black and blue out fit which resembled some kind of ninja.

“I am Subzero, leader of the Lin Kuei.” He replied.

“Thank you Subzero, why did you help us?” Robin asked.

“I was actually the one who contacted Flash to come hear, many of you have been set up.” Subzero explained.

“What do you mean, set up?” Flash asked.

“The one’s you call Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Batman. Robin, you as well were brought here for the doings of evil.” Subzero began.

“This doesn’t sound good.” Flash said.

“A sorcerer who goes by the name Shang Tsung found an interest in you two, I wouldn’t be surprised if this Batman hasn’t already encountered him.” Subzero said.

Tim took that second to try and contact Batman, he couldn’t get anything but static.

“Great, so where is this Shang Tsung?” Robin asked.

“I have no clue.” Subzero replied.

“We’d love to stay and talk but we really got to get going, we have to meet up with Superman.” Flash reminded.

“You can go to your friend later; we have a more important matter and I could really use the two of your assistance.” Subzero said.

“Don’t worry we’ll help you, it’s the least we can do.” Robin accepted.

“So what is it we need to do?” Flash asked.

“We need to retrieve the amulet, Shinnok’s amulet before he gets his hands on it. Come let us head back to Lin Kuei head quarters.” Subzero said.

They began walking and Subzero led the way.

Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern had arrived at some kind of temple. It was dark when they got in it, torches were lit to guide there way. There were many drawings on the wall. Batman was very skeptical about this whole thing; there was something about Shang Tsung he didn’t like.

They walked down countless of halls as they finally came to a large room with a large table full of food.

“You’ll need your strength before we can fight this threat.” Shang Tsung said.

“You keep saying this threat, what exactly do you mean?” Batman questioned.

“You’ll know more in time, please do eat something.” Shang Tsung replied.

“Maybe I’m not hungry.” Batman replied with irritation in his voice.

“Bruce, comb down.” Wonder Woman whispered.

“Yes Mr. Wayne, comb down and eat something.” Shang Tsung said.

“How do you know my name?” Batman asked.

“I know all of your names; I simply looked into your minds, the deepest parts of your soul.” Shang Tsung said as he faced the Dark Knight.

“I don’t know about you guy’s, but I don’t think it would hurt to eat something.” Hal said as he walked over to the table of food and took a seat.

Bruce and Diana followed. Bruce slowly took off his mask as he let his thought’s run.

After they were done eating Shang Tsung entered the room with someone else. It was a man with wavy brown hair with a metal piece over his right eye with a glowing red dot.

“I hope the three of you found your meal satisfying, I would like you all to meet a good friend of mine, his name is Kano.” Shang Tsung said.

As bad as Batman didn’t like Shang Tsung, he really didn’t like this one. Hal got up and shook hands with him. Kano then looked over and smirked at Wonder Woman who ignored this. Bruce put his mask back on as he got up from the table.

“So when do we begin?” Batman asked.

“I’ll give you the details tomorrow, the freaks are out at this time.” Shang Tsung said.

“This is my time.” Batman said.

“We can make an acceptation, just for this night; follow me I’ll show you the comfort of your rooms you will be staying in.” Shang Tsung said as the three of them followed him.

Hal and Bruce ended up sharing a room, with Diana’s being down the hall somewhere.

“Besides all the weird looking artifacts, I kinda like this place.” Hal Jordan said.

“Something’s going on Hal, we need to find out what.” Bruce said.

“If that’s what you think, I wouldn’t jump the gun until this guy gives us all the detail tomorrow.” Hal said as he laid back in one of the beds and closed his eyes.

Bruce laid there staring up at the ceiling for minutes to come. He finally decided to call it a night after awhile. As he closed his eyes to fall asleep he felt a faint vibration. Then he heard a few thumps, it got louder and louder. Bruce looked across the room to see Hal was dead asleep. Bruce then got out of the bed as he suited up. He slowly cracked the door open to see nothing. He went out the door as he slowly closed it.

He slowly made his way down the hall, as suddenly he heard a loud roar. Batman went into a corner as he caught glimpse of a shadow which appeared to be a creature with four arms.

“What in the name was that?” Batman whispered a few seconds later as the roaring stopped and the shadow was gone.

Batman continued to make his way down the dark path. He then went outside the temple. There standing on the edge of the temple was Shang Tsung.

“Hello Batman, so nice of you to join me.” Shang Tsung said.

“I want answers now.” Batman demanded.

“You’re smarter than the others; I guess I’ll have to tell the others you had an accident.” Shang Tsung said.

“What do you mean?” Shang Tsung asked.

Shang Tsung snapped his finger, then someone came from behind and knocked Batman off the temple. Batman tried to use his grappler to come back but Shang Tsung kicked it.

“I win, Fatality.” Shang Tsung said.

“What do you mean?” Kano said stepping up next to him.

“There are sharks down there; they will most likely eat his remains.” Shang Tsung said.

“What now?” Kano asked.

“We have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow; I suggest you get some sleep.” Shang Tsung said.

Miles away Superman and Kitana sit waiting by some giant rocks.

“They should have been here by now, it’s not like Flash to be late, and I trust Robin’s word.” Superman said

“Superman, then we must assume that their.” Kitana said as she is cut off.

“Dead!” Superman yelled.

“There’s also the possibility they just got captured.” Kitana said.

“I should have been there, I’m sorry for raising my voice Kitana.” Superman said.

“We must head to Edenia, I need your help on bringing order.” Kitana said.

“Please, give me twenty four hours to find them.” Superman asked.

“I’ll help you, we’ll report back here every two hours.” Kitana said.

“Sounds good.” Superman said in agreement.

Lin Kuei Head Quarters

Robin, Flash, and Subzero entered to be greeted by other members of the clan. They then walked deeper into the temple as Subzero brought them to a room with a map on the table.

“What is the map for?” Flash asked.

“It is a map of the Shaolin Temples, where we need to retrieve the amulet from.” Subzero said.

“What is so important about this map?” Flash asked yet another question.

“It possess the power of pure evil, just by touching it can your soul be tainted. A former elder god, who went by the name of Shinnok, wants it so he can revive all his powers.”
Subzero explained.

“If that’s true, then why is it at some temple where people can be in contact with it?” Robin asked.

“It’s a temporarily spot for it, but word has gotten out about its resting place, many will be after it.” Subzero said.

“Now I see, and we need to get it before one of the bad guy’s do.” Flash said.

“Exactly.” Subzero said.

“So when do we head out?” Robin asked.

“First I need you two to look over this map, there are five parts to this temple. The large one on the far left is the one we need to get to; Flash with his amazing speed should be able to get to the amulet in no time once in.” Subzero explained.

“So were basically there just incase something unexpected happens?” Robin asked.

“That is correct, we better get going.” Subzero said.

They left with in the next few minutes. It took them about thirty minutes to be in view of the Shaolin Temples. Robin glided off the tall hill as he landed behind some carts. Subzero and Flash soon joined him. Subzero was right, security was extra tight.

“Alright let’s do this, move with stealth.” Subzero said.

“You got it frosty.” Flash said as he ran off.

“Don’t worry, Flash tends to give certain people nick names.” Robin said as him and Subzero went there separate way’s.

Subzero slowly leaned up against the first temple wall as he quickly dashed to the next one. Suddenly a monk looked his way. Subzero quickly ducked, he was relieved to not have been seen. Getting to the next temple was a little more difficult, the only way across was to swim, Subzero didn’t want to risk that much noise.He looked around as he caught an eye of a clothes line. He leaped onto the cord as he began his way over. As Subzero was about half way across another Monk almost saw him. He hid in between a hanging rug.

When he got across he slowly dropped to the ground. Then a loud noise could be heard, screaming, the screaming of more than one person. Suddenly Robin and Flash showed up at Subzero’s side.

“Why are they screaming?” Robin asked.

“Hurry, there must be another intruder, we must get the amulet before they do!!” Subzero yelled.

When the three of them arrived in front of the fifth temple Subzero stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the intruder.

“What’s wrong, you know him?” Flash asked.

“That’s Scorpion.” Subzero said as a monk fell to there feet.

“Scorpion!!” Subzero yelled.

Scorpion looked over at the three of them.

“Stay out of the way, the amulet is mine Subzero.” Scorpion said.

“We’ll see about that.” Subzero said as he got in a fighting stance.

Scorpion teleported in front of Subzero as he kicked him through a pole.

“Flash you stay and help Subzero, I’ll get the amulet.” Robin said as he ran into the temple.

Scorpion held Subzero by the throat as he threw him to the ground.

“Stay back, the amulet is mine.” Scorpion said.

“You killed those monks; I thought your stealth was better.” Subzero said as he got to his feet.

“What! I wasn’t seen, I thought you were the one.” Scorpion protested.

”There must be another intruder.” Subzero say’s as Scorpion punches him into the water nearby.

“Now I will get the amulet for myself.” Scorpion said as he turned to see Flash right in his face.

“Don’t think so.” Flash said as he punched him.

Flash then quickly ran behind Scorpion and elbowed him in the back of the head. Before Scorpion can fall to the ground Flash spins around him making a tornado sending him flying and crashing into the hill nearby.

“That’s what I call a bumpy ride.” Flash said.

Robin finally made it to the room where the amulet was being held, to his surprise there was someone already there. The figure held the amulet in there hand as they turned to face him.

“Deathstroke.” Robin said with anger.

“Hello Robin didn’t expect to see you here.” Deathstroke said.

“Hand over the amulet Slade.” Robin said as he pulled out his staff.

“I suppose someone like you is going to take it, you better move aside before I pluck all your feathers boy.” Deathstroke said.

Back out side Scorpion and Subzero had recovered.

“Your pretty quick kid.” Scorpion says.

“The name’s Flash.” Wally said as he raced over at Scorpion who teleported out of the way.

Scorpion reappeared not even a second later as he kneed Flash in the stomach, followed by a cross kick which smacked Flash across the face sending him to the ground. Subzero then charged Scorpion as he uppercut him, Scorpion flew back but turned it into a move with a back flip kick sending Subzero to the ground. Subzero quickly got to his feet as Scorpion charged at him, thinking quickly Subzero made an ice clone freezing Scorpion.

Subzero did a jump kick knocking Scorpion to the ground. Flash then came running back over into the mix. Scorpion didn’t like theses odds, Subzero was no joke and the Flash was so damn fast. Scorpion jumped to his feet as he kicked Subzero and Flash to the ground.

“We’ll continue this another time.” Scorpion said as he ran over to the last temple and summoned hell fire around the entrants so Subzero nor Flash could get in.

When Scorpion arrived in the room which held the amulet he saw Deathstroke and Robin both in fighting stances. Scorpion teleported in the middle of the both of them to see Deathstroke had the amulet.

“Hand over the amulet, I won’t ask again.” Scorpion warned.

“Come and get it.” Deathstroke said as Scorpion teleported in front of him and kicked it out of his hands.

At that second the two of them began to battle. Robin quickly ran over to the amulet and tied it to his utility belt. Scorpion saw this; he quickly kicked Deathstroke away as he faced the boy wonder.

“Get over here!!” Scorpion shouted as Robin dodged his rope spear by jumping up.

Deathstroke quickly got to his feet as he saw Tim Drake with the amulet as well.

“Time to even the playing field boys.” Robin said as he threw three smoke bombs into the air.

Robin then ran and as he came to the exit of the temple he saw the fire of hell around the exit. He used his bird grappler as he easily got out. When he turned around the whole area was on fire, even the temple. This wasn’t the fire Scorpion summoned, it was regular. He looked around, Subzero and Flash were no where to be found. He ran up the hill, and at the top he saw them.

“Great you made it out, did you get the amulet?” Subzero asked.

Tim pointed down at his utility belt where it still hanged.

“Good job, let’s head back to the temple.” Subzero said.

To Be Continued

Tomorrow Begins Now

Chapter 4

Yin/Yang

The walk back seemed longer than the walk from the Lin Kuei temple. Subzero, Robin, and Flash returned back to the temple in relief knowing their mission was a success. Once in the temple they all took a seat at the table where the map was.

“Now that we have the amulet, what do we do with it?” Flash asked.

“We’ll wait it out here for awhile, and then we’ll give it to Rayden.” Subzero said.

“Who’s Raiden?” Flash asked.

“He is a thunder god; he can take the amulet to a more secure place.” Subzero replied.

“That’s nice to know, but I really don’t think that us staying here is a really good idea.” Robin said.

“And why is that?” Flash asked just starting to get relaxed.

“I’m assuming Scorpion knows where this place is, and I wouldn’t put it past Deathstroke to find it as well.” Robin replied.

“Wait a minute, Deathstroke was there and you didn’t tell us!” Flash yelled.

“Who’s Deathstroke?” Subzero asked.

“He’s an assassin, highly skilled.” Robin answered.

“Robin’s right, I don’t think it would be wise to stay here.” Subzero said.

Robin pulled a small device out of his utility belt as it began beeping.

“I have Superman on radar, he’s quite some miles away but we should be able to reach him in a few hours.” Robin said.

“Alright then it is settled, we will regroup with this Superman guy.” Subzero said as the three of them left the temple.

Hal awoke that morning to hear a knock at the door. He quickly got in his suite as he opened the door to see Wonder Woman.

“Batman’s gone.” Wonder Woman said.

Hal then looked over at the bed Batman slept in and saw that he was indeed missing.

“So where is he?” Hal asked as he turned back around.

“Shang Tsung said he went in search for Robin early this morning.” Wonder Woman replied.

“It’s not like Bruce to run off without saying anything.” Green Lantern said.

“No kidding.” Wonder Woman agreed.

The two of them walked out to the front of the temple where they saw Shang Tsung standing by the edge.

“I hope you both enjoyed your sleep, in Batman’s absence I hope you two are still up for the task.” Shang Tsung said.

“It won’t be a problem.” Wonder Woman assured.

“Good, then we will head out.” Shang Tsung said.

“Where to?” Hal asked.

“Word has caught my attention that a demon who goes by the name Subzero has taken the amulet.” Shang Tsung said.

“Who is Subzero, and what is this amulet you’re talking about?” Green Lantern asked.

“Subzero is the leader of a clan called Lin Kuei, who has the ability to freeze.” Shang Tsung said.

“Nothing we can’t handle.” Wonder Woman said.

“You must be careful; he can control people as well. I also heard he has taken over a few of your friends, Robin and Flash.” Shang Tsung said.

“How do you know that?” Hal asked.

“Word spread to me of this, as soon as I told Batman he went in search of him.” Shang Tsung said.

“That doesn’t sound good.” Hal said.

“Just remember if you see them, attack them, they have no compassion under his control.” Shang Tsung said in a convincing voice.

“We’re not here to hurt our friends.” Wonder Woman replied.

“And I don’t want you to, but if it comes down to it you must.” Shang Tsung said.

“I don’t think it will.” Hal said as he rubbed his ring.

“So tell us more about the amulet he posses.” Wonder Woman said.

“Oh yes, the amulet is an ancient artifact that has been passed down in my family. In the right hands it brings good and piece to both of our worlds. But in the wrong hands, well you know what can happen.” Shang Tsung said.

“Sounds bad, we better stop this guy.” Green Lantern said as his ring lit up.

“Good, we better get going.” Shang Tsung said.

“Where are they now?” Wonder Woman asked.

“I think the best place to check would be the Lin Kuei head quarters.” Shang Tsung said.

Miles away Kitana and Superman meet back up at the area filled with large rocks.

“Any luck?” Superman asked.

“No.” Kitana replied.

“Great, they have to be around here somewhere.” Superman said as he is about to fly off.

Kitana puts a hand on his shoulder as he turned around to face her. Kitana grabs his hands and leads him to one of the rocks where they sit down.

“I know you really want to find your friends, but sometimes you have to let go.” Kitana said.

“But what if their still out there, alive?” Superman asked with a low tone.

“If Flash and Robin are as good as you say then you must trust that they will find their own way.” Kitana said.

Superman sat in silence for another minute or so.

“Your right, were done looking. I’m pretty sure their ok.” Superman said.

“I’m pretty sure we are to.”

Kitana and Superman looked over to see Robin kneeling over a large rock with Subzero leaned up against it with his arms crossed. Flash came running in a second later.

“You guy’s are ok.” Superman said in excitement.

“Sorry we took so long, we had to retrieve some amulet.” Flash said slouching.

“What amulet?” Kitana asked.

“Shinnok’s amulet, the boy wonder has it.” Subzero said.

“So what are we going to do from here?” Flash asked.

“We are going to head to Edenia; I need to restore order to my lands.” Kitana said.

“Subzero, what about Rayden?” Tim Drake asked.

“We’ll recap and find him later, if not Scorpion or that Deathstroke guy might show up again.” Subzero said.

“Deathstroke, he’s in this realm to?” Superman asked.

“Apparently, I think more is going on then any of us know. If we can find Raiden I think he could help us answer some questions.” Robin said.

“Kitana, how do we get to Edenia?” Superman asked.

“Stand back.” She said.

Kitana put her hands out as she slowly began to make a portal that grew bigger and bigger. Electricity formed as air from all around them circulated.

“I gotta get this girls number.” Flash said to himself.

The portal was done within the next few seconds.

“Nice.” Flash said.

Kitana stepped through with Superman following.

“Last one in is a monkey with banana brains.” Flash said as he raced in.

Subzero and Robin both shook their heads as they jumped in at the same time. When they got to the other side of the portal there was no doubt in there minds they were in a new realm. The area they landed in was in the plains.

“Hey this is a pretty nice place, just one question, where’s all the people and construction?” Flash asked.

“My kingdom is about a mile to the North, we better get going.” Kitana said.

“So Kitana, is that your full name?” Flash asked as he ran up next to her.

The whole way there Flash talked about pointless stuff to Kitana, while Superman and Robin had there own little conversation. Subzero just walked in silence behind everyone. When they arrived at the city, people were walking around doing there daily things. A few people glanced over at Subzero, Flash, and Robin wondering why they had masks on. They all followed Kitana as they came upon a large gate.

Kitana tried to slice the gate open but couldn’t.

“Let me try.” Superman said as he used his heat vision to melt the fence down which he did in a matter of seconds.

As they walked closer to the castle guards came out as they surrounded them.

“Put your hands in the air?” One of them yelled.

“We come in piece, we don’t want any problems.” Superman said trying to reason.

“Put your hands up Mr. S.” One of them replied.

At that second Flash ran all over the place knocking all the guards out.

“That takes care of that.” Flash said.

The next second they here someone clapping and laughing as a woman jumps down in front of Superman.

“That’s my mother.” Kitana said.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Flash.” Wally said as he walked up to her only to be knocked to the ground by her hair.

“And I’m Sindel.” She laughed.

“Kitana you could have told me she was a bady.” Flash said as he got to his feet.

“She’s under Khan’s control, you four stay back I’ll try and defeat her.” Kitana said as she stepped forward.

“This should be interesting.” Flash said.

Kitana raced over to Sindel as she pulled out her metal fans. Sindel let out a loud scream, Kitana was almost hit by it but jumped out of the way. Sindel used her hair and knocked Kitana’s metal fans out of her hand. Kitana jumps to the side as she punches Sindel making her spin back.

Sindel yet again uses her hair as it wraps around Kitana’s left wrist as she swings her to the ground. Before Kitana can recover Sindel begins to load up a scream, thinking quickly Kitana throws a black object over at Sindel. As soon as she screamed it broke the black object to pieces, but Sindel got electrified in the process.

“Hey Robin, that look like one of your birdrangs.” Flash said.

“It was, when me and him were in close combat I took it just incase a latter encounter.” Kitana said.

“How did you know it wouldn’t be something that would kill?” Tim asked.

“I got to know you guy’s more, and noticed you don’t kill.” Kitana said leaving Robin with a small smile on his face.

Kitana walked over to Sindel who slowly got up.

“Kitana, what are you doing here?” She asked in a confused tone.

“Nice try lady, we know you’re still under this Khan guy’s spell.” Flash said.

“Now I remember, Shao Khan came and.” Sindel said as she is cut off.

“It’s ok now; all of us are here to help.” Superman said.

“Kitana, who is this handsome man?” Sindel asked.

“His name is Superman, the one I told you I was going to get to help us.” Kitana said.

“Great all the girls always like Superman, what about me; I’m the freaking fastest man alive.” Flash said to himself.

“So where is Shao Khan now?” Robin asked.

“He has headed to Outworld, you must be careful.” Sindel warned.

“No problem.” Robin replied.

Kitana introduced the rest of them.

“Before you all leave there is a prisoner in the Edenia dungeon, I’ll get the key so you can get him out.” Sindel said.

“No need.” Robin said as he walked over to the dungeon.

“Don’t worry Ms. He has pretty much every gadget you can think of.” Flash said.

Robin came back a minute later with a man.

“I got him out, he say’s his names Johnny Cage.” Tim Drake said.

“Nice to meet you all, Robin told me a little about you two.” Johnny Cage said.

“That’s good to know; now we better head to Outworld.” Subzero said.

“He’s right; if this threat is so big we better hurry.” Superman added.

“I will hold the fort here.” Sindel said.

“Sounds good.” Superman replied.

Kitana yet again opened up another portal.

In another realm all of the Lin Kuei warriors present at the head quarters were defeated by Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. But Subzero was nowhere to be found. Wonder Woman threw her Lasso around several of the warriors but none of them knew where Subzero had gone to.

“Great just great, this guy’s harder to hunt down than a fly.” Green Lantern said.

“These two are much more powerful than I thought they would be, maybe even better than the bat and bird.” Shang Tsung thought to himself.

“Shang Tsung do you have any other idea’s where he might be?” Wonder Woman asked.

“Not at the moment, I’ll have my men go out and see if they have heard anything.” Shang Tsung said.

There hiding in the trees above was Deathstroke.

“So it looks like they were smarter than I thought not to stay here, I’ll find them.” Deathstroke whispered.

Outworld

When they arrived there were clouds that looked like they were ready to pour out rain. There was nothing but land all over the place.

“Superman I need you to go and find Fujin, the god of wind.” Kitana said.

“Where will I find him?” Superman asked.

“Fly up into the clouds above, somewhere up there you should be able to find his temple.” Kitana said.

“I’ll be back in no time.” Superman said as he took flight.

“Flash, I want you to run up ahead and report back every thirty minutes if anyone is coming.” Kitana directed.

“No Problem.” Flash said as he zoomed off.

That is a LOT of dialogue. Ever heard of exposition? I'm not gonna pretend I read all that so maybe that style works for you. But it makes for a very long read. If you cut down on the banter and use full paragraphs to describe things without literally writing out every word that's said I might be more inclined to read it.

Kitana, Subzero, Robin, and Johnny Cage continued their journey as they walked on. They walked on for long periods as Flash would come back and fourth to report any on going activity. Something was wrong, somewhere inside Subzero told him. He felt like something was going to happen.

Subzero stopped walking as he slammed his foot to the ground. Everyone turned around to face him.

“Something’s wrong.” Subzero said.

“Yah, that Flash guy is five minutes late with his report.” Johnny Cage said.

“It’s not that, I feel like something is going to happen.” Subzero said.

“I have that same feeling; you would think someone would have seen us being out in the open and all.” Robin said in agreement.

“Are you sure?” Kitana asked.

“It’s a guy thing if you know what I mean.” Johnny Cage replied.

“You boys think too much, we better get going.” Kitana said as she turned to keep walking.

As she began to walk a large needle was shot into her arm. She instantly fell to the ground. Robin jumped back as Subzero and Johnny Cage were shot. Then Tim felt a sharp pain on his shoulder, he through a bird tracking device onto Kitana before he fell unconscious like the rest.

“This is your news broadcaster from Bludhaven. There’s big talk about the random disappearance of Gotham City’s to crime fighters Batman and Robin. If they are trying to prove that Gotham needs them they have done a swell job, the crime rates have gone up 20 already, there are also other reports of Superman missing in Metropolis.” The broadcaster says as the TV is shut off.

“Hey bro it’s me again Dick, Tim where are you and Bruce? Is Superman with you guys? Hope to catch you later.” Dick Grayson say’s leaving a message.

“Where are those two, I think it’s time I go investigate.” Dick said as he looked over at his Nightwing suite.

Outworld

He slowly awoke with a sudden drossiness over him. Johnny Cage slowly lifted his head up as he felt his body chained to a wall. He then looked around a little more; there were prison cells all over the place. Across from his cell was Robin, Subzero was in the one to the right of him. Johnny then looked around not to see Flash or Kitana.

“Good news is they probably didn’t capture Flash, the bad news is Kitana is missing.” Johnny said.

“We noticed.” Subzero said.

The rest of the prison cells were empty.

“Hey Robin you got any more fancy gadget’s to get us out of here?” Johnny Cage asked.

Robin tilted his head. Johnny looked in that direction to see a guard with Robin’s utility belt hanging over a pole.

“Great.” Johnny muttered.

“Hold on a sec.” Robin said as he felt around in his glove.

“Great, I have something that can get us out of here.” Robin whispered.

Tim shifted his hands a little as a small gizmo slid out of his glove. He slowly began to pick the lock that held his chains together. After he was loose he slowly put the chains to the ground. Robin slowly looked over at the guard who was dead asleep. He quickly picked the lock which held his cage shut.

He then slowly made his way down the hall. When he approached the guard he stepped in a small puddle of water. His body froze, as a death chill went down his spine. The guard didn’t awake. So he slowly reached over and grabbed his utility belt and staff. He was surprised to still see Shinnok’s amulet connected to it.

As he snapped his belt on the guard awoke. Robin swung his staff hitting a pressure point in his neck knocking him out cold.

“Good Job Robin.” Subzero said as Robin threw the guard into the cell and locked it.

Robin then freed Johnny Cage and Subzero using a laser pen gadget he had.

“I’ve got to get me some of those.” Johnny said.

“We don’t have time for talk, Subzero where do you think they took Kitana?” Robin asked.

“Didn’t you place a tracker on her?” Subzero asked assuming he did.

“Yah, but I’m not getting a reading. They must have taken her to another realm.” Robin replied.

“That’s just great.” Johnny Cage said.

“Any ideas where?” Robin asked yet again.

“We’ll find her in time, first we need to find Flash and Superman.” Subzero reminded.

“Wait a second.” Robin said as he pulled something out of his utility belt.

“What’s that?” Johnny asked as Robin pulled out a green slip of paper.

“Someone put it in my belt.” Robin said as he opened the paper and read it.

“Riddle me this Bird Boy

I come in darkness, but fill the mind with light.

I bring pleasure, destruction, and sorrow, what I shall show you will often be unreachable. This journey of nothing, hopes, and where unthinkable disasters may occur.

What am I?”

“It’s a riddle.” Johnny said.

The three of them thought of what it could mean. The next second Tim snapped his fingers.

“It’s the sides of life, dark and light.” Robin began to explain.

“What do you mean?” Subzero asked.

“It’s basically Yin and Yang, in other words whoever wrote this riddle was referring to our dreams.” Robin said.

“Someone who knows you perhaps?” Subzero asked.

“If that is the case it can only be one person, The Riddler.” Robin said.

“The Riddler, that sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon villain.” Johnny Cage said.

“Names aren’t everything; we better get out of here before security shows up.” Robin said.

Subzero led the way as they exited the small building. When they got out there was nothing but land all over.

“Great, now where to begin?” Subzero said as wind began to blow from every direction around them.

The three of them put their arms up as dirt and what not is blown in their faces. Special lenses come down on Robin’s mask as he looks up in the sky to see two objects floating down to them. He gives off a smirk to see one of them is Superman, and the other most likely being the wind god Fujin.

The wind stops in the next two seconds as Superman and Fujin land on the ground.

“What took you?” Subzero asked.

“We had been looking for you for awhile now, I saw you guy’s in that building with my X-ray vision.” Superman replied.

“Where’s Kitana?” Fujin asked.

“Khan’s men took her.” Robin said.

“Did you guy’s happen to see Flash around?” Johnny Cage asked.

“Yes, were supposed to meet up there in five, since we found you three we can head there now.” Superman said.

Fujin and Superman took flight as Subzero, Robin, and Johnny followed them on foot. It only took them about five minutes to make it to the meeting place where Flash was waiting.

“Great you found them, where were they?” Flash asked.

“We were in some low budget prison, if you can even call it that.” Subzero said.

“Do any of you have any ideas on where Kitana might be?” Superman asked.

“Robin’s tracker can’t pick anything up, but I’m willing to bet if we head to Shang Tsung palace we’ll find something.” Johnny Cage said.

“Alright, then it is settled we’ll head to his palace.” Superman said.

“Follow me; I know exactly where it is.” Fujin said.

Superman grabbed Robin and Subzero, as Fujin grabbed Johnny Cage as they flew to the palace. They arrived within the next thirty minutes as they approached a large metal door.

“So, think we should knock?” Johnny Cage asked.

“Good idea.” Superman said as he gave the door three hard punches knocking it down.

As they entered the Palace they could hear cheering in the distance. They followed these sounds as it led to an outside part of the Palace. There were large stands with people cheering. Thousands and thousands. This made Flash smile a bit.

“What’s going on?” Robin asked.

“Fights.” Subzero replied.

Suddenly the crowds became silent.

“I think were spotted.” Flash said to himself.

“Welcome Earth’s defenders.” A man said from his throne chair.

“Shao Khan.” Superman said.

To Be Continued

I enjoyed it :) It is quite dialogue heavy and some of it does seem a little out of character (I can't imagine Sub-Zero saying "this guy", etc). Plus it's weird how the characters from the 2 worlds seem to know each other but apart from that it's been quite good and I'm looking forward to reading the rest! Keep it up :D

Tomorrow Begins Now
Chapter 5
Mortal Kombat

The six warriors stood there in silence for the next few seconds. The Emperor Shao Khan was quite as well, so were the once roaring crowds. After a brief time passed by Superman flew up towards Khan. He stood in mid air a few feet away as him and Shao Khan stared each other down.

“Where is Kitana?” Superman asked.

“So you can fly, you must be the one they call Superman?” Shao Khan said sitting with confidence.

“You still didn’t answer my question.” Superman replied.

“She’s alive, for now that is.” Shao Khan said.

“You still didn’t answer my question.” Superman said impatiently.

“That is none of your concern, I’ve had spies on her for weeks now and I knew you would be coming. You’ll make things so much more enjoyable.” Khan replied as he stood up out of his chair.

“What in the world are you talking about?” Superman asked.

Shao Khan’s head flew back as he gulped out in laughter.

“You’ll know soon enough, but I’m really interested to see what you are made of.” Khan said as he snapped his fingers.

The large crowd began to cheer as men in black ninja suits enter the ring.

“You want me to fight them?” Superman asked.

“You catch on quick.” Shao Khan said.

“I’m not your entertainment.” Superman replied.

“I’ll cut you a deal, if you guy’s can beat them all I’ll tell you where Kitana is.” Shao Khan lied.

Superman sat there and thought about it for a second.

“You have yourself a deal.” Superman said as he flew down into the ring.

As soon as he lands in the ring all the ninjas pull out swords as the circle around him. They move in closer and closer every full rotation they make. Then in the next few seconds Johnny Cage jumps over the ninjas and next to Superman.

“You may need my help.” Johnny Cage said.

“Trust me, I don’t need it.” Superman said as the ninjas ran in on them.

All the ninjas swung their swords at Superman only to have them break as they cut past him. Subzero, Johnny Cage, Fujin, Shao Khan, and the whole audience were silenced by this.

“My turn.” Superman said as the ninjas tried to retreat.

Superman froze them with his ice breath. And as he did Johnny Cage shot green plasmic fire balls as he shattered them all.

“Why did you do that, you didn’t have to kill them!!” Superman yelled.

Shao Khan begins to clap as the crowd joins in while cheering.

“We’ll discuss this later Johnny.” Superman said as he flew up to Shao Khan.

“Where is she?” He asked.

“You haven’t beaten them all.” Shao Khan said as he snapped his fingers again.

This time loads of Tarkatans entered the ring.

“This time I want to see the fast guy fight.” Shao Khan said.

“The names Flash!!” Wally West yelled up as he entered the ring.

Fujin followed close behind. It was almost as if the tarkatan’s were happy to see them. Flash ran over as he circled around all the tarkatan’s as he popped each of them over the head. After He did he came to a quick stop.

“Alright uglies, let’s dance.” Flash said in a high pitched tone.

Fujin ran over to two tarkatan’s as he slammed their heads together. As their wiggly bodies fell to the ground Fujin summoned some wind as he knocked them a few feet away.

“Fujin, follow my lead!” Flash yelled.

Within seconds Flash was running around the ring as he made what appeared to be a mini tornado. Fujin then did his part, he used his abilities as he forced all the tarkatan’s into the tornado with wind. Flash then curved his tornado as he sent all of the tarkatan’s crashing into a statue of Shao Khan. The crowd became silent as Shao Khan clenched his fists.

“Well that was easy.” Flash said as he ran over to Fujin.

Fujin nodded in agreement. The next second Superman looked up at Shao Khan who just stood up from his chair as he looked over at Robin.

“You’re next Boy.” Shao Khan pointed.

Robin walked to the ring as Subzero followed.

“Stay out of this Lin Kuei warrior; I want to see Robin fight.” Shao Khan said.

“Why is that, you didn’t mind the others fighting in groups, why the change?” Robin asked.

He got no reply. Subzero and Robin stood in the middle of the ring as the crowd began to holler. Shao Khan sat their and thought for a bit. He sat down the next second as he tapped two fingers on his left wrist. Subzero and Robin turned and were very surprised to see who their opponents were. It was Frost and Killer Croc.

“Well, well if it isn’t the boy wonder.” Killer Croc said as he and Frost stepped into the ring.

“I know for a fact something is going down, what in the world is Killer Croc doing here?” Tim said to himself.

“I was hoping for Batman, but I guess I’ll have to find pleasure in pounding on you.” Killer Croc said as he cracked his knuckles.

“How long have you been working for Khan, Frost?” Subzero asked.

“Let’s just say it doesn’t really apply to you.” Frost said as she tried to freeze Subzero who jumped out of the way.

Killer Croc punched Robin as he sent him a few feet away.

“Time to die, little Robin!!” Killer Croc roared as he raced over towards Tim who was already back on his feet.

Robin jumped high into the air as he threw smoke bombs into the place he was standing at. Killer Croc ran into that area as he began to cough. When Killer Croc turned around Robin kicked him across the face sending him spinning to the ground. Subzero held Frost up in the air by the neck.

“I’m sorry it had to come to this Frost, but your time has come.” Subzero said as he made an ice sword.

Subzero held the sword up and as he did it is kicked out of his hands. He turns to see Robin.

“What’s the big idea?!!!” Subzero asked.

“No killing.” Robin replied.

Frost took this time as she kicked Subzero to the ground.

“Subzero you take Killer Croc we can end this match a lot quicker if you do.” Robin said as he began to make a fighting plan.

“Why is that?” Subzero asked as he quickly got to his feet.

“He’s cold blooded, if you keep freezing him his body will slowly begin to shut down. I can handle Frost.” Robin said.

Frost ran over as she swung to ice daggers at Robin who dodged them. Subzero made it over to Killer Crock who was walking towards him. Subzero quickly froze him. Not even a second later Killer Crock busted out of the Ice as he grabbed Subzero and bear hugged him.

“I’m going to crush you little ice man.” Killer Croc joked.

Subzero felt it come over him. It was true; the scent of death was near. He could faintly hear his insides pushing together as well as the slow cracking of his bones. With the last of his strength Subzero shot ice out as he froze the ground below them, seconds later him and Killer Croc were frozen as well. The next second the ice cracked apart as Killer Croc walked around a tad bit dizzy.

“I’m not cold blooded.” Subzero said as he knocked Killer Croc out with a punch.

Frost began to load up an ice ball. Thinking quickly Robin threw a mini ice bomb at her and as she began to shoot her ice ball it hit Tim’s bomb freezing herself. She broke out of it in the next second. Robin shot his bird grappler around both of her wrist’s so she couldn’t try and freeze him, he then pulled her towards him as he tripped her. He then put his staff to her neck as she lay on the ground defeated.

Shao Khan sat up out of his chair as he began to clap.

“Impressive, all of you.” Shao Khan said.

Suddenly the sky became dark as lighting began to strike. Second’s later electricity was in front of Robin and Subzero as a man appeared. It was none other than the thunder God himself, Rayden.

“That is enough, events such as these are not allowed before the tournament.” Rayden said as he looked up at Shao Khan.

“Lord Rayden, so nice of you to join us.” Shao Khan said.

“What tournament?” Flash asked.

“Come Earth’s defender’s my power will not last much longer in Outworld, follow me.” Rayden said as he went through a portal.

“Can we trust that guy?” Flash asked.

“He’s Rayden, off course you can.” Johnny Cage said as he went into the portal.

“Hurry we must go.” Fujin said as he to jumped in.

Everyone followed except Superman who glared up at Shao Khan. Superman then flew into the portal as well closing behind him.

“They’re great fighters, but I now know their weaknesses. A common one, they won’t kill.” Shao Khan said to himself.

After they got out of the portal Superman looked around, he didn’t notice this place. It was something new, a whole new feel.

“Where are we?” Flash asked.

“We are in a place called the Orderrealm.” Rayden said.

“Orderealm, now this looks like a place I could get used to.” Flash said.

“Rayden I think this would be safer with you.” Robin said as he walked up to the thunder god handing him the amulet.

“Good job, I’m glad you were able to retrieve it.” Rayden said as Robin handed it to him.

“Rayden, what is this tournament thing you were talking about earlier?” Superman asked.

“Your world is in great danger; Shao Khan wants to merge your world with ours.” Rayden began.

“What do you mean?” Flash asked.

“The place you call Earth will be merged with this worlds Earth if you don’t stop them.” Raiden explained.

“What’s so bad about that?” Flash asked.

“That will make him one step closer to taking over every realm; darkness will spread across all of the lands he takes over.” Fujin added in.

“There’s still one thing that bugs me, for Khan to be able to merge these two worlds he would need a powerful force from your world to help him. If there wasn’t someone that powerful, you three wouldn’t be able to exist here.” Rayden said.

“Exactly how strong is this person?” Superman asked.

“Just as strong, or stronger than you.” Raiden replied.

This was not good to hear. Three of DC’s earth’s defenders have now discovered that someone from their world was in on all of this, and to make matters worse someone maybe even more powerful than Superman.

“So how do we stop them?” Robin asked after about a minute of silence.

“The tournament, Mortal Kombat.” Rayden said.

This grabbed their attention.

“I see now, all we have to do is win?” Flash said.

“Exactly.” Rayden replied.

“So what do we do in the tournament?” Superman asked.

“You have to fight numerous of opponents in combat, as you make your way up to the top.” Johnny Cage said.

“So what happens if you lose a match?” Flash asked.

No one replied for a few seconds.

“You die.” Subzero replied.

“I guess that means we just can’t lose.” Robin said.

“I won’t kill anyone.” Superman protested.

“It won’t matter; Shang Tsung will take the soul of the loser anyway.” Johnny Cage replied.

“I guess that means we defiantly can’t lose.” Flash said.

“First we need to regroup and find the others.” Tim Drake said.

“I’m sorry but I have some rather bad news about that.” Rayden said.

“What do you mean?” Superman asked.

“The ones you call Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are under the influence of Shang Tsung, and Batman I’m afraid is dead.” Rayden said.

Robin, Superman, and Flash stood there in shock to hear all this.

“It’s not true, he’s not dead.” Robin said.

“I’m afraid he is.” Rayden replied.

“If anyone knows Batman the slightest, it’s me.” Robin said.

Flash and Superman were surprised at this.

“We’ll find him, unless he finds us.” Robin added.

“Very well, you may go in search for him as soon as we gather the rest of the earth’s defenders.” Rayden said.

“What about Wonder Woman and Green Lantern?” Superman asked.

“Shang Tsung has put a field over them, I can’t pin point where they are. But I have an idea where they are.” Rayden said.

“So what do we do from here?” Flash asked.

“Subzero and Robin, I want you to return to Outworld, there in the living forest you should find Jax.” Rayden said as he opened a portal.

“You got it.” Subzero said as him and Robin jumped into the portal.

“I want you four to return to Earthrealm. Superman and Johnny Cage, I want you to go to the Shaolin Temples and recruit Kung Lao and Mortal Kombat’s former champion, Liu Kang.” Rayden said.

“It won’t be a problem.” Superman said as him and Johnny jumped into the portal.

Rayden then looked over at Flash and Fujin.

“Fujin I think it would be best if you stayed here, Flash will be able to find Nightwolf on his own a lot quicker.” Rayden said.

“That does make sense.” Fujin agreed.

“If you need help we will be there.” Rayden said.

“Sounds good.” Flash said as he raced into the portal.

At Shang Tsung’s Temple Wonder Woman and Green Lantern were sitting at a table as Shang Tsung walked up to them.

“Any word on where the amulet is now?” Hal asked.

“Unfortunately it is in the hands of our enemies.” Shang Tsung said

“Just great now were screwed.” Green Lantern said.

“What do you think their next move will be?” Wonder Woman asked.

“I have no idea at the moment, but we better be prepared.” Shang Tsung said.

“I say we forget this waiting around stuff and go find the others.” Green Lantern said as electricity filled the room.

It was none other than Rayden.

“I had an idea I would find you here.” Rayden said.

“Attack him; he is one of the demons!!” Shang Tsung yelled.

Wonder Woman flew over at Rayden at top speed as she threw a punch at Rayden, he teleported downward dodging her. She continued her assault as she threw numerous of punches at him which he doged. Next Wonder Woman tried to kick him but before she could something wrapped around her waist and slammed her to the ground. It felt like a large hand had grabbed her, and it was one, Green Lantern had done it.

“Hal, what’s going on?” She asked.

“Don’t you think if he were truly evil he would have tried to attack us?” Green Lantern asked.

Diana realized this as Green Lantern released his grip on her. When she got up Shang Tsung was gone.

“Who are you?” Green Lantern asked as he flew down in front of Rayden.

“If you really want to save your world, follow me.” Rayden said as he made a portal and walked in.

Green Lantern followed behind. Wonder Woman glanced back again, still no sign of Shang Tsung. She then went into the portal as well as it closed behind her.

It was hot and very sunny out as the day went on. Flash had searched the deserts for hours, and no sign of Nightwolf. Darkness finally struck after hours of looking. Flash wobbled along as he looked up at the moon and stars. He then wondered out of all those stars his world may be somewhere up there.

“Hey Rayden I could use some help, I can’t seem to find him.” Flash said to the sky as a mini missile fly’s right past his face and explodes a few yards away.

Flash turns his head as he sees a cyborg looking person. It was the warrior cyborg known as Sektor.

“Hey you should really watch where you shoot those things. By any chance have you seen a guy named Nightwolf around here?” Flash asked.

Sektor did not reply as he shot another missile at Flash.

“Oh no you don’t.” Flash said as he put his hands out infront of him.

Flash quickly spun both of his hands around as he deflected the missile back towards Sektor. It crashed a few feet from Sektor sending him flying to the ground. Sektor quickly got back to his feet as he raced over towards Flash who was in a fighting stance. As he did arrows were shot in between them, lit up with green fire. Flash thought it was Green Arrow but when he looked up it was not. Sektor looked up as well, the next second Sektor took off running.

“You must be the guy Flash I’ve been hearing about.” The guy who shot the arrows said as he jumped down from the sandy hill above.

“I’m hoping your Nightwolf.” Flash said.

“Yah that would be me. I also heard about a guy who they call Robin who uses unheard of weapons, and someone that they say is made of steel.” Nightwolf said.

“They’re my friends; the man of steel is also known as Superman. Where did you hear about us?” Flash asked.

“Word spreads quickly, after your little encounter with him at his Palace.” Nightwolf explained.

“Rayden wanted me to find you; we could really use your help in fighting Khan’s forces.” Flash said.

“That won’t be a problem for me.” Nightwolf replied.

Superman arrived at the temple to find that part of the whole place had been burned up. As he flew down many of the monks ran in the other direction except a guy with long black hair, dressed in black and red pants. He also had a red head band on as he faced Superman.

“Who are you, were you the one responsible for some of these deaths?” He asked.

“No, I was sent by your world’s earth protector Rayden to find a guy who goes by the name Kung Lao and another named Liu Kang.” Superman explained.

The man stood there for a second.

“How do I know your speaking the truth?” He asked.

“Because he is.” Johnny Cage said as he jumped down from the hill.

“Johnny Cage, it’s been awhile.” The man said greeting him.

“What took you?” Superman asked.

“Flying is faster you know, it’s not like I’m Flash or anything. Superman this is Liu Kang.” Johnny introduced.

“I’m sorry about not trusting you.” Liu Kang said as him and Superman shook hands.

“No problem, so where is Kung Lao?” Superman asked as a man with a bladed hat walked up to them.

“Looks like our teams all here.” Johnny Cage said.

“Kung Lao I would like you to meet Superman.” Liu Kang said.

“So what gives us the pleasure of our visitors?” Kung Lao asked.

“Shao Khan is plotting to take over the realms again, not just this one but Superman’s as well.” Johnny began.

“So you’re not from here?” Liu Kang asked.

“No, but that’s a long story. We’ll explain on the way.” Superman said.

“Liu, we have to get the amulet first.” Kung Lao reminded.

“Don’t worry, Robin already gave it to Rayden.” Superman said.

“Who’s Robin?” Liu Kang asked.

“A trusted friend, we better hurry.” Superman said.

“This day just keeps getting better and better.” Kung Lao said as they began there journey.

Subzero and Robin were walking along in the living forest. Tim Drake had to admit that the sounds of the trees were really getting annoying. He felt if he had to listen to them rank on any longer he would got crazy. So he decided to start a conversation.

“So do you like the living forest?” Robin asked.

“No.” Subzero quickly replied.

“You like to freeze things?” He asked.

“Yes.” Subzero quickly replied again.

“Do you like the color blue, because that’s what you’re wearing?” Robin asked.

“I… guess.” Subzero replied.

A long moment of silence goes by.

“You have a family, any brothers or sisters?” Robin asked.

Nothing is said for awhile.

“I never really got to know them; I grew up with my older brother.” Subzero said.

“Where is he?” Robin asked.

“Some would say dead, I would say undead. His soul was contained with evil after making contact with the amulet you retrieved.” Subzero said.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Robin whispered.

They walked on for several more minutes and still no sign of Jax.

“What about you kid?” Subzero asked.

“Huh?” Robin replied.

“What drives you to do, well what you do?” Subzero asked.

“I chose this life to bring him out of his sanity, to become the greatest detective. I lost my family to violence; he’s all I have left.” Robin said.

“Who’s he?” Subzero asked as he stopped in his tracks.

“Batman.” Robin replied.

Suddenly someone jumped out from the trees above them as they knocked Subzero to the ground. Before Robin could help him one of the trees’s grabbed him as they tried to eat him. Subzero and the mystery person began to battle as they threw numerous attacks at each other; they appeared to be evenly matched.

Robin threw two electric bird bombs into the trees mouth as he glided to the ground. Subzero threw a punch as the other person ducked. They then threw a kick at him; he threw his head back dodging it. Subzero then threw a punch as well as the other guy as they hit each other. They both rolled to the ground. They both got up at the same time as they stared each other down. As they were about to attack each other a staff goes in between them.

“Enough.” Robin says.

At the same time Subzero and the guy who he was fighting say “Robin.”

Robin immediately recognizes the other voice besides Subzero, it was Batman.

“Robin are you ok?” Batman asked.

“I’m fine; I want you to meet Subzero.” Robin said as someone came running in their direction.

“Batman is everything ok.” Someone said as they ran up next to Batman.

“It’s fine, it was just Robin and some guy called Subzero.” Batman said.

“Hi I’m Robin, and you are?” Robin asked holding his hand out.

“Nice to meet you Robin, I’m Jax. Good to see you as well Subzero.” Jax said.

“Rayden sent us to find you.” Subzero said.

“We better hurry back who knows what Khan is up to.” Robin added.

“I have a lot of catching up to do.” Batman said.

“First we need to find Sonya, she’s just east from here.” Jax explained.

“We better hurry, we only have two days.” Subzero said.

“Until what?” Batman asked.

“Until Mortal Kombat begins.” Subzero replied.

To Be Continued