Best and worst mk characters ever

Parrot

Who are the best and worst characters of mk? This can be based on skill, power, or just because you like the characters. Post away

I dont know about BEST, but my favorites over others are Raiden, Kung Lao, Scorpion, Kano, Jax (MKII & 3 only), Kabal & Kenshi.

Worse? Blaze, Mokap, Johnny Cage, Sheeva, 90% of the newer characters from the 3-D MK's.

Favorites: Reptile(MK2), Scorpion(Any), Sub-Zero(All except MK3), Kitana(MK2), Mileena(MK2)

Worst: Just about every other characters from MK3 all the way up to Armageddon.

Favorites: Scorpion, Liu Kang, Kai, Smoke, Sonya, Shang Tsung, Jax, Shujinko, Bo Rai Cho, Kano

Worst: Mavado, Hsu Hao, Fujin, Nightwolf, Sindel, ect.

My favourite is Sub-Zero. Other favs are Raiden, Scorpion, Reptile, Kung Lao, Kenshi and Cyrax.

Couldn't decide on just one worst but I don't like any of these at all: Bo Rai Cho, Meat, Dairou, Drahmin, Mavado, and Kabal!

My favourite is Sub-Zero. Other favs are Raiden, Scorpion, Reptile, Kung Lao, Kenshi and Cyrax.

Couldn't decide on just one worst but I don't like any of these at all: Bo Rai Cho, Meat, Dairou, Drahmin, Mavado, and Kabal!

AH i forgot mavado i hate him. p.s. i like the picture of storm ;]

Oh and i almost forgot kabal we are buddies :)

Last edited by a moderator:
my favs: the entire MK1 and MK2 cast of characters,Kabal,Nitara,Drahmin.
least favs: Striker,Mokap,Blaze,Hsu Hao,Shang T'sung from MK3 up,Johnny Cage from 4 and up,Jax from 3 and up,Sheeva,Motaro,Kai,Jerek,Shinok,Reiko,Li Mei,Kobra,Dairou,Hotaru,Ashrah,Taven,Daegon,and that about covers it.
although I could complain on how much of a wussy Onaga was,after I first saw the begining video I thought he'd give me a challenge considering supposedly he could kick shao Khan's ass.
well,it was too good to be true.
they made him too god damn easy which is why it wasn't really a problem kicking his ass on the hardest difficulty.
I want another Shao Khan from MK 2 or 3 difficult for my MK bosses,not a pushover.

favs: scorpion liu kang sub-zero ermac reptile noob smoke goro kintaro motaro shao kahn

least favs: kung lao kenshi blaze kobra

and thats all i dont have much least favs:)

I've said it before on many sites and I'll keep saying it:

Johnny Cage is far from terrible, especially:

A: if you know how to use him (and ignor MK4's verison of him)

and B: you've seen the later lame-o's created.

Back to the original topic:

Worst:

Motaro
Quan Chi (cool weapon style, though)
Shinnok
Jarek in MK4 (at least in Armagedon he got a decent fighting style)
Reiko
Meat
Blaze
Drahmin
Hsu Hao
Moloch
Kobra (Hardly Ken Masters)
Daegon
Taven
The Elder Gods (just because they are lazy and unhelpful)

Best:
The cast from the first two games
Ermac
Kira (I've gotten pretty good with her combos)
Bo Rai Cho: best pun-based name, ever; as you may recall, it's based on Borracho, which is Spanish for "drunk". Plus, I like Zui Quan, aka Drunken Boxing, Drunken Fist , or Drunken God as they called it in Heroes of the East (English dub).
Kabal (the hookswords are in my top five favorite weapons list)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like:
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Fujin
Shujinko
Raiden
Reiko
Mokap
Shang Tsung
Stryker
Scorpion
Khameleon
Kobra
Motaro
Frost
Nightwolf
Ermac
Kintaro
Goro
Taven
Rain
Cyrax
Hotaru
Jarek
Hsu Hao (in DA; he was horrible in Armageddon, unfortunately)
Kenshi
Kano
Mileena
Smoke
Shao Kahn
Kitana
Sonya
Meat
Sub-Zero

Don't Like:
Tanya
Bo Rai Cho
Kabal
Li Mei
Jade
Nitara
Moloch
Blaze
Onaga
Shinnok
Noob Saibot
Baraka
Drahmin
Sindel
Reptile

In-between/Ambivalent/etc.:
Mavado
Kira
Sareena
Sheeva
Ashrah
Sektor
Chameleon
Quan Chi
Dairou
Darrius
Havik
Daegon (haven't unlocked him yet; no Krypt code I've found for a GameCube Controller works)
Johnny Cage
Jax
Kai

Best:Shao Kahn, easy.Hardest boss to date if you exlude MK1(just because I was to little to harness the skills required to beat it back in the day when I played it).He is the simplest form of a bad guy that you love to hate.He taunts you, beats you down, and leaves you with a bang(Minus armageddon and ngc ver. of deception).His back story gives him all of the pre-sets for being earthrealms greatest foe.Seriously, heroes come and go but, Shao Kahn is the star of mortal kombat.IMO
Worst:Stryker, I mean, his story barely shook the mk realms and he was only in one game if you count out the re-union games.And his make over was so drastic that I wouldn't be able to recognize him without a name tag.I like him gameplay wise in three, but he shouldn't have been created.
**** you nightwolf.

Just unlocked Daegon after finally having time (Spring Break this week!) to play more of the Konquest, and he's definitely a fighter I like.

Faves: Sub-zero, kung lao, dairou, night wolf, shang tsung , frost, havik,kintaro(mk2),shao kahn(mk2&3),reiko,noob saibot(mk2&3)ermac,reptile,fujin,ashrah,shujinko,mileena,liu kang(mk2)baraka,quan chi,jade,drahmin

Dislike: johnny cage,stryker,meat,moloch,kobra,keira,kano,deagon,taven,mokap,blaze,onaga,jax,darrius,scorpion, and every one else.

I sorta like sonya in MKvsDC & Mk3

Best:(Dark) Raiden, Tanya, Nitara, Kabal, Quan Chi
Worst:Kitana, Kung Lao, Jax, Sonya, Sub-Zero,Scorpion

Worst of ALL (for me):
- Sheeva
- Stryker

I hope they leave those 2 out of MK 9, and put in Quan Chi and Reiko.

My 2 favorites are Rep and Kabal. My most hated (that I can recall) is Bo Rai Cho.

Best: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke, Cyrax, Kabal, Baraka, Shao Khan, Goro, Kintaro, Shang Tsung, Havik, Frost, Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Quan Chi and Taven
worst: Dairou, darrius, Hotaru, Sheeva, Hsu Hao, Kobra, Mavado, Kai, Li Mei, Kira, Ashrah, Nitara, Moloch, Mokap, Jax and Daegon.

In my opinion:

Best/Favorite:
Kenshi: My favorite male MK character, love his look, concept, and fighting style
Liu Kang: Classic good-guy protagonist, he's very generic in the likes of Ryu, Akira Yuki, but he's still awesome
Kung Lao: Anyone who can kill someone with their own hat is worth it
Sonya: My favorite MK character for the longest time, she's a blonde who kicks a**, what's not to like
Kitana: She has one of my favorite weapons (bladed fans) and I love her MK9 look
Mileena: My favorite villain, been a fan of hers since MK2, she's amusing, hilarious, deadly and awesome at the same time
Kai: I just like him, I like his look and fighting style
Sektor: Always the underrated as opposed to Cyrax and Smoke, my favorite of the cyber-ninjas
Cyrax: My second favorite of the cyber-ninjas, I like his special moves and his new redesign
Frost: I actually think she was a great character, people hated on her way too much, she deserves another chance
Sindel: I don't really play her but I love her look and character, the whole older gothic queen look and the screaming
Sheeva: A female character that relies on power and strength rather than seduction and speed, love the power balance for once
Tanya: My favorite female character other than Sonya, she's sexy, fast and agile, a combination of Cammy and a female Scorpion
Li Mei (Deadly Alliance): I liked her good girl look and style in Deadly Alliance, I hated her in Deception and thereafter though...

Least Favorite:
Johnny Cage: I always hated his character, in the fight between good heroes (such as Jax and Sonya in the Special Forces, Liu Kang and Kung Lao as Shaolin Monks), Johnny Cage just being an annoying, conceited actor is just stupid. I just find him a very stupid character in general and the only reason he has to be in any MK game is so the others can perform fatalities on him.
Meat: Crappiest concept ever, plus he's gross to look at :-/
Bo Rai Cho: I'm not one for 'comic relief' characters, and I don't take him seriously.
Mokap: Seriously that must have been a joke to include him.
Jade: I don't hate her, but she is my least favorite female character, never liked her.