something I call... the Conflict Within

Lord Venom

I wanted to do a fake but couldn't think of anything... then I started thinking along more abstract lines and decided I wanted to make a kind of Super (NES) Star Wars fighting game. The idea is this is the battle within Darth Vader's soul, taking place at the location of Anakin Skywalker's "death".
theconflictwithinne7.jpg

I actually took the SNES Super Return of the Jedi sprites for this, and doctored them. Vader's colors have been matched to the BG as compared to the sprite's originals. The Anakin is actually Luke with color alterations and a bit of costume editing. The BG is from Star Wars Galaxies' Mustafar screenshots combined with Scorpion's Lair. I shrunk down a sprite of a probe droid and re-colored it. Added Sidious.... Modified a starscape in upper BG. Font's are standard and Star Jedi. The 'Essence'(Health) bars and Lightsabers+FX were created by me.

I always loved the Super Star Wars games. But I was NEVER able to beat Darth Vader! EVEN WITH SAVE STATES! It's an awesome fake, but I think it could do without the Sidious face. I didn't even notice it until I looked for it and it doesn't really add anything, visually.

It looks good. But technically, Anakin's 'death' took place in Senator Palpotine's chamber, after the death of Mace Windu. That's when he became Darth Vader.

IMO, Anakin never really died.

He did cease being Ankakin in Pa-Pa-Pa-Palpatines chambers after the incident w/ Mace, but Anakin never died, hence the good in him that saved his son in ROTJ.

RotS was the only one of the prequel trilogy I can say I liked. It was all too flashy and pumped up with special effects. There was so little character in those movies. Frankly, Obi Wan's actor did the best job of preserving his character. Hayden Christensen doesn't know how to act. Period. He totally ruined the character of Anakin for me. The way Vader played him at the end of RotJ seemed very mild mannered and calm, much like the vibe I got from Obi Wan or Yoda. The Anakin we saw in the prequel trilogy was rash, rude, impatient, and all around not jedi-like. I hated that aspect of those films. But I'll be damned if they didn't at least get the fights right.