Worst and best character in MK 4/Gold

daby

I heard many people saying that they don't like MK4 because of characters. So what's yout opinion ? Who is the worst character in MK4/Gold ?

37280834ls0.jpg

PS: If I wrote wrong the title, please edit. Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Re: Worst and goodest character in MK 4/Gold

I heard many people saying that they don't like MK4 because of characters. So what's yout opinion ? Who is the worst character in MK4/Gold ?

37280834ls0.jpg

PS: If I wrote wrong the title, please edit. Sorry for my english.

Welcome, you mean who's the best and worst right?

Worst, not sure...I forgot but best Tanya, Fujin are up there.

MKG's is different though.

Worst? Well I particularly hate Tanya...I also hate Jerek and Reiko and what they did to Shinnok (HE WAS SO BADASS IN MKM! WHYYYY!!!!????) Kai was the only worthwhile new character. Loved his up and down fireball attacks, they were new and different. As for "best" I can't say I liked any of them as much as I did in other MKs. But I suppose I like Scorpion and Noob Saibot quite a bit. Especially the scythe.

I love tanya me and her are going out if you didn't know. :]

lol, I'm pretty sure he was joking guys : P trust me, this is coming from the guy that has the MK dragon inked on his right shoulder ; ) hehe

For me: Best Reptile Obviously! Worst Shinnok Mainly because He was a Shang Tsung knockoff with the exception that he didnt transform into the people whose powers he used.

Last edited:

Yeah, I missed Shang in that game MK4. Was never a huge fan of Shinnok

The best in my opinion is Scorpion. I used to rule the arcades with him! The worst would have to be Jax. They made his quad throw too damn hard!

Last edited:

Yeah, Scorp is pretty awesome in MK4. I love using him in that game, also Fujin owns bigtime too!

Fujin's weapon was simply broken. As soon as you take that out the CPU's just have no idea how to deal with you. Just spam it at varying angles and just about any opponent goes down in moments. Of course I'm not saying that works on people mind you, just CPU's.

Fujin's weapon isn't broken, it's unbalanced. Originally he was supposed to get another weapon but that's another story. It's only cheesy if you're far away and pretty much suck in MK4 since most players can simply get in on Fujin. That's the trick. : )But the character himself is actually a top tier character. He's actually similar to Ermac in UMK3 with juggles, insane damage etc it's even explained on umk.com in the guide section. Besteen all his wind moves, specials etc are awesome! Plus, I've always used Fujin, he's a beast in MK4...but sadly sucks in MKA he's a low tier, at the bottom but I can use him very well. You have to be patient to use him in MKA.

Well yea I know you can easily get in on him. I said that only works on the CPU. You still don't get what "broken" means? Broken MEANS unbalanced. It's just stronger speech that's all.

Tanya is the best, followed by Scorpion and Reptile.

Subby is also up there.

Best: Fujin and Scorpion.

Worst: Reiko, Jerk- I mean Jarek and Shinnok.

Seriously... Shinnok was... "Meh".

Mind you of all the games, until MK:Arm came out, MK4 had the worst "meh" feeling as far as indivdual character were concerned. They pretty much all felt THE SAME.

Best: Fujin and Scorpion.

Worst: Reiko, Jerk- I mean Jarek and Shinnok.

Seriously... Shinnok was... "Meh".

Mind you of all the games, until MK:Arm came out, MK4 had the worst "meh" feeling as far as indivdual character were concerned. They pretty much all felt THE SAME.

Reiko was actually really good.

Shinnok sucked un-holy ones, and Jarek was mid.

MK4 was being made along side MKM if I recall. Tobias made MKM and Boon took the lead for MK4. That's why Fujin, Shinnok, and Quan Chi were shared between those games. The problem is Tobias took his great storyline direction to MKM and made Quan Chi and Shinnok complete badasses with a hidden agenda and intrigue and (once the amulet was retrieved) power to boot! But MK4 Shinnok didn't have an energy shield or kickass low/high hand beams or anything sweet like he had when he was a boss. Neither did Fujin for that matter...but Fujin was awesome in his own right in MK4.

The unofficial Official Tier list for MKG (take out the added characters and thats the tier list for MK4)

Retarded tier (broken as hell added characters for MKG; in specific order)

Sektor
Kitana
Baraka
Mileena
Kung Lao
Cyrax

GOD tier in no especific order:

Goro
Sub Zero
Reptile
Tanya

Top in no specific order:

Scorpion
Reiko
Fujin
Rayden
Noob

Middle in no specific order:

Liu Kang
Sonya
Jarek
Jax
Cage

Bottom:

Kai
Quan Chi
Shinnok

Last edited:

Well yea I know you can easily get in on him. I said that only works on the CPU. You still don't get what "broken" means? Broken MEANS unbalanced. It's just stronger speech that's all.

Broken and unbalanced don't always mean the same thing, which you have to learn.

Example, certain sports games or fighting games may have a character that's "lower tier" because he or she isn't "Balanced/good enough" in that sense, thus they're unbalanced not broken.

Broken most of the time means "doesn't work because they're too overpowering"