Catwoman's Render

Yea Jeff has already said that he has the larger image, said that way back when FDMK posted the little teaser headshot. But he can't post it yet.
Yeah, it's kind of lame now. If we receive anything such as info or images from secret sources, Midway wants us to contact them first about it. It's pretty much a no-win situation. If we post something that wasn't supposed to be revealed yet, they make us take it down, but if we ask if it's ok to post something, they say no.

Yeah, it's kind of lame now. If we receive anything such as info or images from secret sources, Midway wants us to contact them first about it. It's pretty much a no-win situation. If we post something that wasn't supposed to be revealed yet, they make us take it down, but if we ask if it's ok to post something, they say no.

They can and will ask you to take it down, because it's their property and they can send a cease and desist. And you know asking first will get you a negative on getting permission. So either you risk posting it and making Midway mad, but continue to get the insider info, and just pull it when requested. Also remember as the leaks happen they are constantly trying to get to the bottom of the leaks. So that is another risk, but that employee source of yours is taking that risk by sending you guys stuff to post.

We haven't received it officially or unofficially, so other than what you posted is all TRMK has. We're just posting the image of the action figure that is similar, even though to pull the image at this point is a moot point since it's been all over the internet already.

They can and will ask you to take it down, because it's their property and they can send a cease and desist.
But technically, posting an image for the purposes of news reporting falls under Fair Use guidelines as long as the copyright owner of the image is cited, and I think Midway is aware of that, which is why they haven't threatened legal action but instead been offering future incentives for not posting leaked images. I've had a lot of "please don't spoil anything" conversations with them, lately.

I tried to be respectful and only post small teasers, but I still don't think it's right that I had to take Catwoman down. Back when I posted the Superman teaser, I asked permission first and they didn't care.

Last edited:
Well I think it's perfectly "right" for them to want you to take it down. They worked hard having a release schedule that they've engineered to have the most hype without giving too much away. I respect the Midway hype machine and while getting info early is neat, that just means we have to wait even longer for the next one.

Well I think it's perfectly "right" for them to want you to take it down. They worked hard having a release schedule that they've engineered to have the most hype without giving too much away. I respect the Midway hype machine and while getting info early is neat, that just means we have to wait even longer for the next one.
But isn't that the point of all news sites, no matter what their subject matter? To posts news? If newspapers followed that logic, none of them would be able to survive. You build fanbases by posting exclusives. If every single news outlet gets the same thing at the same time - all of the time - there's really only need for one source. It would null out 99% of the rest. You following what I'm saying?

If somebody sends me something anonymously, I shouldn't have to go ask mommy and daddy first if it's ok to report news about it. If reporters did that, they'd all be out of the job.

Yeah I agree fuzz, they should lock down their leaks first. Other companies can do it, Midway seems to have a BIG problem with leaks. It was easier in the past when the MK team was smaller, but now as large as it all is it seems easier for leaks to get out. Hell we had accurate leaks almost a year ago about MKvDC.

Wow, thanks for your words of wisdom. Whatever would this site do without your insight.:rolleyes:

Hell we had accurate leaks almost a year ago about MKvDC.
Yeah, you guys definitely called that one. It took a lot of balls to post something that huge not knowing if it was 100% true.

But I agree about the leaks. If something is leaked out, it's really nobody else's fault but Midway's. They should just bite the bullet and accept that something got away.

Yeah, you guys definitely called that one. It took a lot of balls to post something that huge not knowing if it was 100% true.

But I agree about the leaks. If something is leaked out, it's really nobody else's fault but Midway's. They should just bite the bullet and accept that something got away.

Other than the GameFAQs post, we had other sources as well, we knew 95% when we posted and then 110% the day after. ;)

I think the problem with this game is that stuff is in negotiations between Midway and DC. So if things get posted early DC may not have reviewed them and given them the 100% on it yet. I bet there is a lot of back and forth.

I think the problem with this game is that stuff is in negotiations between Midway and DC. So if things get posted early DC may not have reviewed them and given them the 100% on it yet. I bet there is a lot of back and forth.
Well, from what I've been told, Midway has a set schedule on when things are to be released.
We have a strategic announcement process for all of the characters in place and leaks like this really cripple the publicity efforts for the game.
I think they're trying to keep hype steady up until the game is released. I don't think they want tons of hype early, then it's dead for a while since they have nothing left to reveal. However, the game is only what, four months away? It's time to start getting this stuff out before there's a reverse effect. If there's not much known about the game, many may be inclined to rent first instead of pre-ordering.

True, but the last few MK games were pretty much RUINED by over hyping before it came out. We saw every fatality in MKDA before it was released. We knew pretty much everything about deception and armageddon too. Then people got bored fast.

I think it wouldn't hurt to show a little gameply, but they are doing that friday and at E3. Other than that, I wouldn't mind waiting. I doubt it would hurt sales much. Plus there's post release hype to consider.

By saying how HAWT she looks with that massive zipper cleavage! Hot metal on metal! Man would you look how she's got that ring on the zipper man I wish I could zip that thing up and down all day...who's that chick wearing it?

Theres a flaw to that plan when it comes to me... -_-'

As long as they give some kind of "Ok" to post them, shouldn't be a problem. But on the new Catwomen render, she looks hot. Like a combination of Halle's costume in terms of "sexyness" and oldschool elements with the mask.