New Interview

I have only 1 word. FATALITIES. Let the endless excitement flow over you like a tidal wave of joy and happiness. My use of flowery vocabulary shows how incredibly giddy I am right now if if any of you take too lightly the fact that I'm not typing in ALL CAPS and saying garbledeegook like apodshgal;ehsalklanrapt then I implore you to think again. I'm excited beyond recognition and I'm rambling like this because I have to keep my fingers moving or I might hit myself to stop from shaking and this keeps them from shaking b/c I'm typing and I'm so alskrejh;tauewhlgtakh;iwejthgkawleta.

I don't mean to sound like I'm not excited. I'm just curious. "Certain animations, blood effects, and sound effects that we have in the game are really pushing the T-rating envelope." Does this mean that the game is still shooting for T? If so, realistically, what kind of Fatalities can we expect from T? Or, was the trailer shooting for T? I'm confused.

Only 4 characters at E3? *Groans* I hope they at least reveal some more before them. I want Hal Jordan, damnit!

Well they've said it's in the modern era. So whoever is the GL now is likely going to be the GL in the game. That's not to say alt. costumes couldn't be other GLs tho.

943566_20080623_screen009.jpg

that mofo likes gears of war way too much!

Last edited:
I just love Boon's reaction to all of us fans...

"not at the intensity level and not the volume"

Edit:

GS: So now that the door's been opened with MK vs. DC, do you think fans might get MK vs. Street Fighter?

EB: I've never held back my enthusiasm for doing a project like MK vs. Street Fighter. I still think it would be a blast to do. But the reality of the situation is that we are two different companies. That's a tough obstacle to overcome. It's kind of like doing Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter, Die Hard vs. Rambo, Coke vs. Pepsi, "Family Ties" vs. "Growing Pains," Alien vs. Preda...never mind...you get the idea.

Lol. Alien Vs Preda... killed his high at the end. XD

I think he meant to say that at the end. Kind of a 'it might happen' thing. Or just a joke. probably a joke.

Well the thing about Tekken vs. Virtua Fighter is that those two could plausibly take place in the same universe. Soul Calibur wouldn't work b/c it's in medievil times, just as DoA wouldn't work because it's in the future. NOTHING works with MK because MK is set in a completely different universe from most other fighters. MK vs. SF would be just as ridiculous as MK vs. DC. You'd still have to have some world-opening rift or something. But I guess MK and SF characters would be a little closer in strength.

Well they've said it's in the modern era. So whoever is the GL now is likely going to be the GL in the game. That's not to say alt. costumes couldn't be other GLs tho.

Hal is the main GL right now, but John, Guy and Kyle are also active GL's. John usually gets promoted in other media though, because of the diversity issue. And I'm fine with Hal being an alternate costume, but what I really want to see is special moves unique to each Lantern. i/e: John's architectural crap, Hal's boxing gloves, Guy's spray paint and Kyle's anime. It'd be cool if they mixed it up and gave Gl one of each of those moves, instead of the generic energy beam crap.

WOW! Fatalities. You know, If you don't like the idea of MKvsDCU you don't have to play as any of the DC Characters.

It makes sense. MK characters and DC villains get fatalities. And DC heroes get Brutalities. Sounds like an Awesome idea.

Why does he think the fans only care about Fatalites?

WORRY ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY ED. christ. Sometimes I really wonder about him.

Why does he think the fans only care about Fatalites?

WORRY ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY ED. christ. Sometimes I really wonder about him.

I would like to disagree, there are many sets of MK fans. Let me, off the top of my head, run through them for you. Some are more vocal than others, and many are much larger than the rest. No real science went into this, just what I've observed over the years.

1) Casual MK Players - Grew up with the series or know of it's "violence" and controversy. These people will react negatively by not purchasing the game if it's missing the key things, violence, which they feel made MK.

2) Hardcore Fighting Game Player - These players are the ones you speak of, who want great gameplay and can care less about the lack of fatalities. This is a much smaller %age of sales compared to the first group.

3) Combo of the two groups. May lean more towards liking the game for it's gameplay versus violence.

You'd be surprised the amount of thought and discussion goes on at Midway about these issues, to think it's just one person making a decision and it never being discussed or thought out is just wrong. The MK team is actually very much a TEAM now, compared to the early games when it was just 5-8 people, it's well over 30 now. Not to mention the larger corporate structure that has to be answered to.

You forgot people like me that would buy the game despite devastatiing gameplay challenges as long as I get to see the kombatants I've become quite attached to duke it out for the sake of a good story.

And those of us who'd buy it if it no matter how much it is crap because we actaully like the series... o_O'

Yeah I actually had more in my head, but got bored and ended the post sooner than I had planned. I got work on my mind, it's distracting.

Reading the DC side for kicks mostly today... The only crib right now is how Superman is going to be toned down (what... You want a mega awesome "You-can't-win-blow-it-out-your-rear" character just to be realistic.). Everything else is fine with DC right now. :-/