Retro Slashers / Camp films..

I don't like many slashers, not a fan. But I do adore the Hellraiser films, so if you havn't seen those, check them out. I like them because the people getting cut up always did bad things to deserve it.

Camp: 'Silent Night, Deadly Night II', if only for the line "Garbage Day!".

Retro: The first and third 'Nightmare on Elm Street' movies are classics. Any of the Friday the 13th films, I s'pose.

Last edited:
I always love Nightmare on Elm St. films. I still have all of them on VHS. Never bothered with all that Freddy vs. Jason crap though, I never liked the Friday the 13th films

Freddy VS. Jason = Epic Fail, though I will say I loved the scene of Jason with a flaming machete if only because, well, it was a flaming machete. And, in very brief defense of Friday the 13th, any movie in which the killer dispatches his victim by slamming them against a tree while they're hiding in their sleeping bag is at least alright by me.

The 'Nightmare' movies still get under my skin sometimes - especially part 3, with the guy strung up by his veins / tendons / whatever and marionette-d off the roof and part 5 for the scene with the motorcycle.

yeah the puppet thing was pretty bad, that got me a bit when I was a kid. I thought that part 3 was a bit weak though, too cheesey with the whole kids getting superpowers thing. Plus, 3 years on and Heather Lagenkamp still hadn't learnt how to act.