Do you think they ruined MK with DC?

very well put Tim i myself am another person who finds themselves very eager to play this rendition
i find myself checking websites for news and updates almost daily if not hourly:_evil::hmmmm::hail:

haha acid, I didnt say that.

But even i feel the same way. I think everyone knows very well how I feel about the last 10 years of MK games, but I get so excited for every release. The fanboy in me is excited, but the critic and fighting game fan in me knows more than likely what it will really be like.

But give me the benfit of the doubt. I played the shit out of every 3-D MK, so my views are views from experience, not just talking shit or saying what someone else thinks.

Anyhow.....cant wait to play this. :)

Glam: If you know this, then you seem to be ignoring it in your posts- you can be a devoted MK fan and simply not care for over-the-top fatalities anymore. There isn't any secret law handed down from Midway that says otherwise. Personally, while I don't feel that the Kreate a Fatality system was a gift from the gaming gods, I liked the freedom to brutalize my opponent as I saw fit and not be constrained to simply pulling their neck out to a ridiculous length or spinning them so fast that their body was torn apart ostensibly by centripetal force or simply electrocuting them until they exploded, like I had for the past three or four games.

As for how these new finishers are going to affect MK- well it goes without saying, you're obviously gonna have to wait and see. Maybe Ed and company will decide that the changes are the way to go, maybe they'll decide to up their game and make the next MK game even gorier than before. Ain't worth worrying yourself into a frenzy until you see something concrete though.

Exactly ^ thank you very much!

Fatalities are cool, yes indeed but are NOT everything....people need to be more concerned with gameplay, character developement, story etc before someones costume or "fatality" that you'll be seeing countless times anyway...

But since I'm sure everyone on here has heard the news, Boon said there WILL be fatalities so hopefully some MK fans will calm the hell down now, personally I like the idea of what they're doing and how they're playing it.

As for gameplay, with dial ups gone now(and yes they're, I read it via one of the scans) the gameplay will be better and I have a feeling a lot more fun then the previous MK games, which were fun IMO but needed some kind of change. This game will definitely offer change.

No, they didn't ruin anything. Besides recently Midway's Vogel(story writer) confirmed the story will not be canon with MK's story, so some people can shut up now ; )

Actually, I don't think they will. I would rather this be canon personally. Because now we don't get ANY character advancement in this game. We can't look at the next game and be like "But remember when Sub-Zero did...oh wait, that was in MK vs. DCU".

As if Street Fighter VS. X-Men / Marvel Super Heroes, Capcom VS. Marvel / SNK, Sega Fighters Megamix, Ergheiz were apparently all phenomenal efforts at character depth advancement or fitting in established canon.

The fans need to accept MK V. DC for whatever it winds up being, not what it could have been or what it should have been. If it turns out to be a great experiment in crossover history, than awesome - maybe Midway and DC will strike up a deal to allow for continuity. If that deal never comes to be, then we'll always have MK V. DC to look back fondly on, much the way that certain fans continue to hold MK, MK II and MK3 as untouchable classics from the gaming heavens, before that dastardly Ed Boon came along and apparently forceraped his own creation into the 3rd dimension and into a black cave where nothing good has ever emerged from.

It's an analogy or something.