MK vs. DCU can have good finishers without blood

Glamador

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSe4DFiw98E&feature=related

My friend heard that Marvel Nemesis had crappy finishing moves and sent me a video. I found that I completely disagreed. I like these finishers quite a bit. In fact, Elektra (i think that's her anyway) seems to have the exact same finisher as in MK (where she kicks her Sai into the opponent).

What do you people think? I think some of these finishers are pretty damn good (love Magneto's killer marble) and if they had this level of quality in MKvDC I'd be just fine with it.

:lol:

MK for the SNES had finishers without blood with a couple being pretty cool (Raiden & Sub-Zero).

The only problem is, they all would have killed you and that is what MK vs DC is going to avoid. The finishers will probably have blood, but be more along the lines of Liu Kang's Cartwheel Uppercut or Brutalities (without the explosion). Just one final massive blow/series of blows that knock you flat on your ass, but could leave you alive.

They might be alright, but I doubt they will be as cool as an actual fatality where you rip off a limb or head or burn someone to ash or even obliterate them into nothingness. Maybe something less cool like sending them through a portal to some unknown realm. :(

Well the idea is that the finishers in that video are clearly deadly, but not gore-fests that would be unbefitting of comic book characters. In fact, they're totally befitting of comic book characters because those ARE comic book characters performing them. I don't know what Boon has in mind, but if Marvel can condone those kinds of finishing moves I see no reason why DC can't do the same.

Holy bajeebus!! Tell me those weren't influenced by MK

No kidding. I was only half paying attention through most of those, but that definitely looked like a Mileena homage and even a Kitana/Sonya "kiss of death" homage.

But yeah, MK has always had fatalities here and there that didn't involve excessive gore or mutilation, like Mileena's sai slice in MK2 (although it was still reasonably bloody, but like K1LL said, the finishers in this game will most likely have some amount of blood). Then again, those were always my least favorite of the bunch, so I don't know. It is possible for them to come up with something decent, but there's no doubt that it will still be pretty boring compared to the rest of the series. The fatalities in the GBA version of Deadly Alliance didn't have any sprite mutilating either, and those were pretty awful.

I'm still holding onto the hope that MK characters will be able to perform fatalities on each other. I know you're gonna say, "but what about the T rating?!"-- Primal Rage had a T rating and, overlooking the fact that they probably got away with more considering the fighters weren't people, managed to have quite a lot of gore.

Well that's precisely what I want to see in MKvsDC. The characters that do kill, like Wolverine and Elektra, do kill, whereas the Spider-Men and Human Torches of the game just incapacitate. There's nothing wrong in my eyes with that. Sub-Zero could rip out Batman's spine, Batman could target pressure points on Sub's body and leave him paralyzed. It's all about individuality. Some DC characters kill. Some MK characters, like Liu Kang, seem a little out of place doing so.

Played that game...not too bad actually. It's a whole lot like Shaolin Monks. I agree. If DC let's Midway do finishers like Marvel Nemesis, MK vs DCU will turn out to be okay. What I still want to know is how the Armageddon of the MK universe caused the universal merge of MK and DC.

Good grief... That was so boring I don'tquite know how to respond to it... o_O

People were stabbed and no blood... They were slow, sub per standard, only a few could have only been pulled off by their character (no character move uniqueness). Over half were MK clones. Some didn't fit the character right. The character when doing them stood there for a moment far too long blabbering'/posing before pulling off the move. In comparison, MK ones tend to go straight into the arm ripping, only posing AFTER the move has been pulled off.

And there are no specialness in them, they are most in-game moves being strung together to create "something". A lot of MK ones were moves you could pull off normally in a fight, it made them look so much more spectaculaur.

Well there was bound to be one person who didn't like them. When it comes to finishers, if they look cool and I feel satisfied that my enemy is finished in substantially over-the-top fashion I'm content. Alot of the finishers in MKD seemed less spectacular than the ones I saw above (But at the same time, alot of finishers from MKD went so far beyond those there's no comparison).

Boon said in the Crispy Gamer interview:
"We are going to have a big event, a finishing move at the end of the round that you will perform by doing a button combination, but I probably wouldn't use the word "fatality." ... We're going to be making big outrageous events -- superpower events -- kind of annihilate the character. He's not necessarily dead."

So I think you'll see explosions, disintegrations, banishment to phantom zone or nether-realm, meteors or killer whales falling on you, etc etc - before you see anyone lobbing knives at people.

The character when doing them stood there for a moment far too long blabbering'/posing before pulling off the move.

I own this game, The poses that the characters are pulling are the pre-fight poses, just included in this video as an introduction to each fighter. When pulling off the finishers, they get into it right away.

That's pretty cool. I wonder what superman's finisher would be. He could finish anyone he wants off in whatever way he would like. I'd like to see a lobotomy finisher or ripping someone in to or something.

Well there was bound to be one person who didn't like them. When it comes to finishers, if they look cool and I feel satisfied that my enemy is finished in substantially over-the-top fashion I'm content. Alot of the finishers in MKD seemed less spectacular than the ones I saw above (But at the same time, alot of finishers from MKD went so far beyond those there's no comparison).

I will agree one thing, MK:Ds finishers were bloody boring.

I will agree one thing, MK:Ds finishers were bloody boring.

with the exception of bo rai cho's flaming fart:D

nah but seriously some of them are pretty lame. but not all! there are those that are gruesome and sickening. just not the majority.