First Look at Superman from MK vs DC Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well keeping one costume isn't such a bad thing as long as it was a good costume to begin with. But some on...Superman is basic basic basic. He has basic powers, like somebody just made up a man...but super. His costume could have been designed by a five-year-old. Blue spandex, undies on the outside, boots and a belt. Ridiculous.

Now Batman, THERE's are good costume. GREY spandex, undies on the outside, boots, a COOL belt, and a cape with a hood! Yep, totally better.

Most of them seem like they don't even know what a 360 is.... Well i'm glad they're happy, personally i still think he looks like crap. Just look at the star wars charcs. from SC! Those are amazing.

Yea SC is going with shiny, SF is going with cel-shady, and MK is going with gritty. Three very different fighting games with three very different styles all coming out in the same 6 month period. Crazy ain't it?

But I don't think these models look any worse that what we're seeing in SC. Recall what was said above about Gears looking so good because everything was metal and Unreal handles metal well? The same concept applies to SCIV. Everybody is wearing armor and wielding metallic weaponry. Of course it's going to look good. But I thought the trailer looked great and in-game will always look different than renders what with lighting and battle damage. So just give it a once over, deside if you like the design, and wait 'til we see it in action before comparing it to all the in-game screenshots you've seen of SCIV.

If you notice, none of the renders for SCIV look like they do in-game.

To me, the characters of SC2 were always better looking then SC3. The backgrounds were better, sweeter, but they lost something in the characters. The only thing better was a few clothing faults.

With MK, MK:D always looked better then MK:Arm. The more you put in a game, the more you pressure it for disk space, the less impressive the moving graphics will be. I love the background of MK:Arm more then MK:D, but the characters are so naff!

Yea SC is going with shiny, SF is going with cel-shady, and MK is going with gritty. Three very different fighting games with three very different styles all coming out in the same 6 month period. Crazy ain't it?

But I don't think these models look any worse that what we're seeing in SC. Recall what was said above about Gears looking so good because everything was metal and Unreal handles metal well? The same concept applies to SCIV. Everybody is wearing armor and wielding metallic weaponry. Of course it's going to look good. But I thought the trailer looked great and in-game will always look different than renders what with lighting and battle damage. So just give it a once over, deside if you like the design, and wait 'til we see it in action before comparing it to all the in-game screenshots you've seen of SCIV.

If you notice, none of the renders for SCIV look like they do in-game.

You're right on many levels. But they are using the updated Unreal engine (i believe) and there is A LOT of new stuff they could do. I don't know, when MK came out last gen i was amazed by the graphics. Maybe cause of how nicely it jumped from 2D to 3D, but i was just amazed. I'm not this time around however. I feel like i'll be buying a second-rate fighting game and that is how i should never feel while buying a MK game.

He has quite a 5 o'clock shadow too. Maybe this is the equivalent of somebody less powerful going ten rounds with Goro.

New renders of sub zero are posted on worldscollide. Not going to post them here cause i'm sure there will be a thread made soon in the news section

Heres the Superman Render with a Plain whit background, still in High quality

Superman_Render_whitesmall.jpg

Link to bigger image
http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanrenderwhitexz2.jpg

Thanks for that. Now I can transfer some of my color edits to different backgrounds. Is he in the same place vertically that he was in the image with the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.