Interview on Crispy Gamer

Glamador

http://crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages/Interviews/Interview831.aspx

I don't know when this came out but I'm just reading it now and I didn't see it linked elsewhere. It offers a little bit of new insight into what Boon's thinking. Nothing major, they're really putting up a wall in terms of new information. But he does discuss console exclusive characters a la Soul Calibur as well as how he's thinking of doing finishing moves. He's still experimenting with finishers.

Ed Boon is a gamer just like we are. He's a fan of his own series. Plus he's a stand up guy who listens and knows what we want. I have faith that he will make this game good. Now some of you may say that he's lied to us in the past...and that's true. But you'll see in this article he equates trying to progress the story of 60 characters to moving the Titanic. Boon loves his fatalities and I think we'll see some good stuff.

Cheers Glam, I hadn't seen this, I thought it was very interesting. Nice revelation about the (kon)quest mode too, sounds like there will be 2 versions, 1 MK side, 1 DC side, and you get to learn/play all the fighters via that. Sounds good.

I hope that if he explores the arcade side of things it doesn't mean the online part suffers.

Interesting interview. There are actually a few pieces of information that give me some hope, namely this:

We're going to be making big outrageous events -- superpower events -- kind of annihilate the character. He's not necessarily dead. Maybe the Mortal Kombat characters will have different rules when they're fighting each other -- we're still toying with all these variables.

So maybe Sub-Zero can't rip out Batman's spine, but he can rip out Scorpion's spine. They should definitely have something like that at the very least.

Meh i wouldn't count on it. This just gives you more perspective inside Boon's head. He wanted a change in his series and i don't see why people are slamming him for that. It will go back to the MK we know and love. Good find Glam