What Rivalries would make sense in this game?

jka12002

BANALITY
to me, Kano vs Batman would make a good rivalry story in this game. Kano would put up one hell of a fight against Batman.

Right, I'll actually reply to this post with something worthwhile.
I thnk that Batman was paired up with Sub-Zero because they are the main anti-heroes of each franchise. Although he would be cool against Kano, he could probably tackle the whole of the Black Dragon. Bring them all down.
The only one I could think of being a good match for Superman depends on the outcome of Armageddon. If we are assuming that Konquest was canon and Taven became a full god and Edenia's protector, I think he might fit the bill, as he is much younger and probably more able-bodied than Raiden or Fujin. Shinnok would make a decent Superman enemy, being a fallen Elder God and all. But he'd need his full power returned to him.
Scorpion would have to go against another undead, like Solomon Grundy or Deadman. Being neutral, he could take either.
And we haven't seen any other characters but there are some match ups, Havik and Lobo, Shang Tsung and Dr. Fate, Wonder Woman and probably Sindel, because of the flying, Reptile and Killer Croc, I dunno. there's more.

Sub-Zero the main anti-hero of MK? Over Scorpion? I don't think so. I still think a Batman-Scorpion rivalry makes a lot more sense than a Batman-Subby one.

But my real answer is that no rivalry between MK and DC could possibly "make sense". Some may be less nonsensical than others, but that's about it.

Kano's exactly the kind of violent criminal that Batman got into his business for. I think Raiden vs. Superman is obvious. Although Shang Tsung vs. Superman is a good matchup as well. Shao Kahn vs. Lobo would be neat. I also agree with Goraka about Shinnok vs. Superman. It's very hard to "match up" these heroes #1 because there's SO FLIPPIN' MANY OF 'EM and #2 because there are a few characters that could fit the bill for a number of other characters.

Also, Scorpion vs. Green Lantern. 'Cus he's yellow.

kano sucks

What the **** is reason for coming into this topic?! Dude just stay out of the MK vs DC board you never have anything enlightening to say.

Well apparently scorpion is superman's counterpart. I don't see how that fits at all but whatever. I would match up Baraka and Lobo: Goro and Doomsday: and Superman and Raiden.

No you were right the first time. Wonderwoman can fly (but only if she's wearing those colored undies I think). Hawkgirl can fly too. After all, she's got all the powers of a hawk AND a girl. She can fly up to 30 miles per hour and hunts fish and small mammals for food!

If we're going the obvious route, I'd think Kano versus Lobo might be interesting. I'm not counting on Lobo showing up in MKDCU and I really don't think, from a realistic, purely one-on-one standpoint, that Kano would be much of a challenge to Lobo... but if they could include the Black Dragon backing Kano, hiding around the fighting ground, taking cheap shots at Lobo as the fight wages on (kinda like the Prison stage in MK Deception)? It's an incredible longshot, but I could see it...

Tough question...
Though he will propably not be in MKDCU, I would go for Hotaru going up against The Joker... The "Order Vs Chaos" Cliché, you know... And Kano Vs Batman sounds kind of cool (makes good sense, too) though it's already obvious that it's going to be Batman Vs Sub-Zero. And... What about Spider-Man? Is he a DC character or am I not geek enough :)? Anyways, Spider-Man against Kung Lao Or Liu Kang would be awesome!

But here's a better question: Which characters would form the best alliances in this game?

I dunno... Alliances? I'm sure it's gonna happen anyways, but Liu / Superman / Batman / possibly Raiden (if he's in his pre-MKDeception form) will probably form some sort of Justice League-esque establishment. I don't know about the baddies - I mean, Joker with Shang Tsung? Lex Luthor with Quan Chi? "Hey, Ed, we were thinking of pairing up the bald bad guys; whaddya say?" "Sure, just lemme finish this fake MKDCU render of Zebron to post on Noob.com before you do it though"

We shouldn't be so quick to assume that the bad guys will like each other just because they're bad guys...and the same goes for the good guys. I doubt Supes and Bats will like Sub-Zero or Kitana. For all we know Shang Tsung will want to take over DC world since he can't have Earthrealm and Lex decides that's a privelage reserved for himself.

True, true.... Yet I feel like it is bound to happen in someway, seeing as it would make the game more interesting:)...