UMK3 Cyrax

Immortal Reaver

Hey guys remember me? I used to post here TONS! It's been a while :)

Anyways, I'm having a hard time using Cyrax effectively, I'm playing UMK3 on Xbox Live Arcade. I can't seem to do his air throw, I blame the shitty 360 D-Pad. Sometimes I can manage to fly into the air but that's about all that happens. Why does it have to be so complicated, why not just press Bloxck in the air? >_>

I don't really remember you, but nice to see your return. I agree, Cyrax's air throw has way too complicated of a combination. Probably makes it more of a challenge, though...

I believe its D, F BL, and when you get close in mid-air, tap LP to throw.

really isnt that complicated once you get it dowm.

Yeah, his air throw can be irritating but isn't "too tough". Personally, I don't use it that much and can snuffed with a JK also. Another reason why I don't use it, he's a fun character to use though.

Last edited:
dude Cyrax is my favorite cyborg (i think) it used to be the only character i played with back in my early days of playing

@Tim, lol you remember my Cyrax dude? : P

Yes, yes I do. :(

lol

dude Cyrax is my favorite cyborg (i think) it used to be the only character i played with back in my early days of playing

When MK3 first came out, I started using Cyrax because I missed Scorpion. I was pretty good at the time with him. Could easily pull off some crazy ass bomb combos, but they started using broken ass U.Sub, Kano, Kabal, Sindel & Jax, as well as Robo Homo, once we figured out how to unlock him.

lol, cool. Yeah, I still play some UMK DS. It died down a bit from when it first started but I rotate between that and the other MKs.

Most of all though like most MK fans, been following MK8 like nuts lol.

But back on Cyrax, a month ago I partially got one of his bomb infinites off this guy man...the timing is hard as hell on that lol. But it was a good 70% lol so I'll take that, it was the timed one where you have to bomb toss, Bomb, explode bomb release, JK onto Bomb etc. Fun combo but nearly impossible to pull off at competitive play.

Konqrr likes doing the Air throw combos, I prefer to be more grounded. But yeah I love irritating people with Cyrax ha, ha. Similar case with Fujin in MKA, he's a lower tier that nobody uses but I kill with him lol. Not sure how much MKA you've played Tim but Fujin isn't nearly as good as he was in MK4 in MKA sadly....

As for Cyrax, if he ever pops up again in the future I hope he gets his net back. That move makes him or breaks him IMO.

lol, cool. Yeah, I still play some UMK DS. It died down a bit from when it first started but I rotate between that and the other MKs.

Most of all though like most MK fans, been following MK8 like nuts lol.

But back on Cyrax, a month ago I partially got one of his bomb infinites off this guy man...the timing is hard as hell on that lol. But it was a good 70% lol so I'll take that, it was the timed one where you have to bomb toss, Bomb, explode bomb release, JK onto Bomb etc. Fun combo but nearly impossible to pull off at competitive play.

Konqrr likes doing the Air throw combos, I prefer to be more grounded. But yeah I love irritating people with Cyrax ha, ha. Similar case with Fujin in MKA, he's a lower tier that nobody uses but I kill with him lol. Not sure how much MKA you've played Tim but Fujin isn't nearly as good as he was in MK4 in MKA sadly....

As for Cyrax, if he ever pops up again in the future I hope he gets his net back. That move makes him or breaks him IMO.

Totally agree about his net. It wasnt Cyrax without it.

Fujin was SO fun to use in MK4. It was different than all the other characters at that time.

Believe it or not, I played the shit out of all the 3-D MKs, but MK:A the least, but what I did play of MK:A, played those characters that were left out of the other 3-D's but rushed in for MK:A (Stryker, Sheeva, Fujin, Jarek, Shinnok, etc) and yeah, it LOOKED like Fujin, but it felt totally wierd to me.

Oh well.

BTW, I havent played UMK DS in months. As much as I liked it, and I enjoyed the fact is was UMK ST (SUPER TUBRO!), it totally threw me off in my timing when I played on XBL or my cab. Plus, lets face it: Lag was/is a major factor w/ the DS port. :( I mean, it lagged from DS to DS. It just couldnt handle alot of animations, such as Smoke's smoke, blood splatters, and even arena animations. But it is still fun to play while droppin a #2. :)

Yeah, lag sucks but also happens on xbox too. Last time I was at my buds house, man was it laggy and kept freezing...I hate that lol.

MK2 I finally played too, man the lag on there sucks worse then both Xbox and UMK3 DS easily....so slow and the movement is so slow, it's fun but everyone is super safe on MK2 PS3 online.....

Yeah, lag sucks but also happens on xbox too. Last time I was at my buds house, man was it laggy and kept freezing...I hate that lol.

MK2 I finally played too, man the lag on there sucks worse then both Xbox and UMK3 DS easily....so slow and the movement is so slow, it's fun but everyone is super safe on MK2 PS3 online.....

Any Netplay will give you lag. The DS lags from DS to DS. Even the shitty 360 port lags itsself offline from time to time. Playing MK on a cab straight off a jamma board is the ONLY lag free way to play, PERIOD.

DS out lags anything, due to the fact the small lttle machine cant handle multiply animations. And most people who lag big time on XBL & PSN are the **** faces who use Wi-Fi as there source of internet connection for their console. MKII doesnt lag that bad, its just that its MKII. The gameplay is a bit slower, hence giving the illusion its lagging more, especially if you play UMK DS alot, or are use to that. Again UMK DS is UMK3 Super Turbo, its about twice as fast as UMK3 Rv1.1 & Rv1.2. (its even faster than MKT!)

Edit: @MKF30, have you played Pink Godzilla yet? No burn, but he has the best Cyrax I've ever played, even over you AND Konqrr. If you havent, seek him out and try to play his Cyrax. ;)

This is why I much prefer to have people over who like to play, not rely on online. Hell, I still can't enjoy Smash Bros. online at all. And I never seemed to win at MKD or MKA online...oh well.

Any Netplay will give you lag. The DS lags from DS to DS. Even the shitty 360 port lags itsself offline from time to time. Playing MK on a cab straight off a jamma board is the ONLY lag free way to play, PERIOD.

DS out lags anything, due to the fact the small lttle machine cant handle multiply animations. And most people who lag big time on XBL & PSN are the **** faces who use Wi-Fi as there source of internet connection for their console. MKII doesnt lag that bad, its just that its MKII. The gameplay is a bit slower, hence giving the illusion its lagging more, especially if you play UMK DS alot, or are use to that. Again UMK DS is UMK3 Super Turbo, its about twice as fast as UMK3 Rv1.1 & Rv1.2. (its even faster than MKT!)

Edit: @MKF30, have you played Pink Godzilla yet? No burn, but he has the best Cyrax I've ever played, even over you AND Konqrr. If you havent, seek him out and try to play his Cyrax. ;)

I haven't played him yet, so I couldn't judge or say who has a better Cyrax in terms of mine vs. his directly, but I can say this so far there's no Cyrax(concerning Cyrax) I haven't beaten from an opponent point of view and my Cyrax so far hasn't lost much when I'm on with him(unless I'm playing a much higher tier obviously) so it should be interesting if I should bump into him. When I played MKK, on youtube he gave me PMs saying I had a great Cyrax since I actually beat his Kabal with him a few times(swear to god) and remember reading he killed Pinks Cyrax, but sometimes different players match up differently. Still, I did find that interesting that I actually got a few wins off of him few months ago when we played more.:-D

My other key guys now anyway are Ermac and Sektor, Robot Smoke, Sektor especially I've been killing with hehehe. I remember a few months ago I played Konqrr, and the stryker player(can't remember his name) and both said my Sektor was one of the best, very unique style so I've improved with him over time hehe besides Cyrax. I'd say from what I've read, heard the 3 of us definitely have the best Cyrax's, Konqrr, myself and Pink. Three different styles too, totally.

As for lag, I do definitely agree with you on all consoles/ports lag, but disagree with you on the online lag with DS being the worst, I think PS3 is the worst easily with MK games....and just note my friend has fios the fastest internet you can have currently, so I'm judging from a great connection. I have DSL, he has fios. I played UMK3DS at his place, fine...Xbox at his place...fine with the exception of some freezing here and there(which happens on both UMK3DS and Xbox versions here and there), played MK2 online PS3...sucked, everyone I played was super safe like wayyyy more then both UMKDS and Xbox versions. It was almost as bad as MKA online, which players poorly with anyone 3 star connection or lower...It felt like MK2 which is slower, but super slow and super safe like I couldn't counter. I did notice however different players were slightly better then others, but not by much.

Personally, I don't think UMK3DS is faster then MKT, that game is just insanely fast(especially the N64 version) lol but definitely faster then the Xbox version, it's because of the smaller port but still arcade accurate which I like. Same combos, damage, mechanics etc.

I know MK2 although it's slower in general, it still seems to lag way worse then any other MK online port/game so far. I'd say MK2 for PS3 and MKA for PS2 are the worst easily out of any MK game online, I've played them all between my friends house and mine.:mrgreen:

But hey everyone I guess has their preferences with games, consoles etc.

Last edited:
This is why I much prefer to have people over who like to play, not rely on online. Hell, I still can't enjoy Smash Bros. online at all. And I never seemed to win at MKD or MKA online...oh well.

EXACTLY!

Offline/cab play, FTW!

Any time you involve netplay, lag is an issue, thus giving one of the two a slight, if not huge advantage in frame loss/button delay. Thats a fact that cannot be argued.

I totally understand someones beef with an unfair connection, I remember I had to play this guy from Holland and I couldn't do crap...and other times on MKA playing guys in Canada and far west USA, connection blew.....and it's unfair for one player in most cases, however I also feel if the connection is "good or well enough to play" then go for it, you see since arcades are dead now sadly, nobody is going to "travel across the nation or world" just to play someone legitimately offline, know what I mean? lol

So, I really can understand both ends of the argument here being apart of both scenes, playing offline arcade and a lot online.