Sub Vs. Noob -SERIOUSLY AMAZING SHOP

Prophet

Okay, I'm really really proud of this shop, so I figured I'd share it with you all.
x59zc7.png

Constructive criticism is more than welcomed, and PLEASE be very very very picky.

Darken up Noob some imo. His tone matches Sub's too closely. Otherwise I'd say it's a flawless edit. unless you added the purple clouds in, those don't quite fit the rest.

Darken up Noob some imo. His tone matches Sub's too closely. Otherwise I'd say it's a flawless edit. unless you added the purple clouds in, those don't quite fit the rest.

Pretty much sums up all I was going to say. That and the eyes don't seem to fit, although that's not really your fault.

You really managed to completely differentiate Noob Saibot from Sub-Zero there. I like that. The mask change, the added strap, the curving of the mask shape, the eyebrows, all awesome. Think you could post step-by-step how you did some of those effects? B/c the strap and mask changes seem less like a photoshop and more like original artwork.

The strap was actually shopped on. Just a rectangle with a gradient in it, with a Fibers render over it. I'm thinking of starting that How the Hell tutorial series over again.

i think you should re-name this sub vs. Reptile cuz to be honest he's looking more like reptile right now...maybe it's the eyes. I know it's the same as sub's except flipped horizontally, but from this angle it just looks reptilian...maybe make another fake where you finish the look and completely turn it into reptile by changing the skin color or something? also in the original pic, you could see a dojo on sub's side and a gotham skyline on batman's side, so maybe you should add something more to the background. since it's noob, maybe put some netherrealm mountains or whatever. also, this may be something VERY picky and subtle, but I just think for any kind of versus pic like this, if the background is a cloudy sky or something similar, there should be a bolt of lightning cutting through the air. It just seems to add that tiny little touch to an "epic battle".

One thing I would add: Noob's blue eyes. I love the blue eyes he has in MK4 and MKTE, I dunno why. I was disappointed that he didn't have them in MKD, particularly in his all black suit.
Oh yeah, and Noob's shoulder is still blue.
F*cking fantastic job, brother, and nice to have you around a bit more again.

I think you did an amazing job.

Only two things I would have done is no purple clouds and make Noob's skin tone darker.

Tim Static said:
acidik has alot better ones at ultimatemk.com

Not to sound like a cockface, but all that acidik did was change the Hue of the mask, where I actually edited the mask itself, recreated the position of it, and added a strap. : /

You don't sound like a cockface, Tim_Static did. This shop obviously took alot of work, completely changes the face and mask, and is alltogether pleasing to my eyes.

Tim doesn't post the images (and I am not a member there so I can't find them easily) and doesn't give any kind of critique against you. I think it was incredibly rude to just insult you out of the blue with nothing to back it up.

It was pretty rude, but it's refreshing that he didn't use the word '2D' at all in that post. I wanna see these other edits though.

Maybe he is Batman fan and just didn't like Batman being discarded?

IT wasn't bad, at first I thought it was a complete copy, reverse and recolour but its not...

Not bad really at all.

Anyone with a half-decent art program can recolour something... Seriously its easy, and should never be done outside of fake screenshots...

At least make them look different...

Yeah, well, I was tryin to get some love for my friend, acidik. So what.

Besdies I use a PS3 to surf the web and there isnt a copy & paste feature, otherwise Iwould post pics, links, etc.

FYI...