- An "event" happens that causes the DC Universe and the MK Universe to combine into one.
- DC Comics writers Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray are collaborating with the MK team on story lines and dialog.
- Character endings will be "paintings" with a narrative storyline and subtitles.
- We are currently expecting to see 20-22 characters, which half of that number from each franchise. Usually will be the most popular from either.
Confirmed characters are:
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Jax, Kitana, Kano, Raiden, Baraka, Shao Kahn
Superman, Batman, The Flash, Catwoman, Captain Marvel (aka Shazam), Joker, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, Lex Luthor, Darkseid
Dark Kahn - The combination of Shao Kahn and Dark Seid
- No weapons
- No fighting styles
- Online Fighting Modes
Mortal Kombat and DC Villains will be able to perform fatalities. DC Heroes will not have fatalities but some type of "big finish" at the end of a victory.
Developers are shooting for 2 per character.
(Glowing Eyes) - Indicates "Rage" is taking over the player and causing them to do something they normally won't be doing.
- Klose Kombat
A new close-quarters fighting system that causes the camera to zoom-in tight on both characters. The player who instigates this mode becomes the aggressor and is on offense. The other player is considered on defense and will be able to block and counter attacks. Includes character specific special attacks in this mode.
- Freefall Kombat
During transitions between areas in the arena, players can fight and land blows in the air while falling. There is incentive for the player to be on top of the opponent before they hit the ground as the player underneath receives a substantial damage hit when landed on. Includes character specific special moves in this mode.
- "Pro Moves" (tentative name)
During a special move, a certain button and joystick combination will allow a secondary attack for the more skilled players.
- "Test your might" (mid-fight minigame)
Certain levels will contain "button mashing" minigames that will increase the damage factor to your opponent. For example, in the Metropolis stage, you can back your opponent onto the wall of a building, which enables the "Test your might" sequence. Jamming on the buttons will cause the animation sequence to run the characters through the walls of the building. Depending on how fast you tap the buttons will determine how much damage you inflict on your opponent.
View Achievements Here For Now
- Uses Unreal Engine 3
- Each character has 20,000+ polygons
- 60 Frames Per Second
- Character Damage
- Torn clothing
- Special "Kollectors" edition will feature a limited edition comic book, written by the MK Team and illustrated by none other than Mortal Kombat co-creator John Tobias.