MGD 08: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Boon Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Greeson

Administrator
Staff member
While we head back from <b>Sin City</b>, the dust is finally settling on <b>Midway Gamers' Day 2008</b>. Even as we heard from our sources that this game was going to be a crossover, the mere fact of such a game being created even questioned the validity of our tried and trusted informants. The unfathomable happened and an intriguing chapter in the <b>Mortal Kombat</b> history had begun as <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_vs_dc_universe/">Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe</a> was announced last night / early this morning. With many questions in tow, <b>Patrick</b> <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_vs_dc_universe/midway_gamers_day_2008/">interviewed</a> the man with the answers, series co-creator <b>Ed Boon</b>, and got as much as we could within the limited amount of time we had.
<b>TRMK: Beyond those announced today, Scorpion and Sub-Zero. How many/which old characters can we expect to return?</b>
EB: You know, I can’t answer that. Actually, you know what? The way I always answer to people is: The only ones we confirmed are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Superman and Batman. But, if you were to say: Ok, what are the biggest Mortal Kombat characters? What are the biggest DC characters? I bet that you will get 90% of the cast yourself. You know, so you do the math.
<b>Gameplay changes</b>, the lack of <b>mini-games</b>, the philosophy behind a <b>Nintendo Wii</b> port and as well as several audio clips of the interview and much more await! Go <a href="http://www.trmk.org/games/mortal_kombat_vs_dc_universe/midway_gamers_day_2008/">check it out</a>! When you're done, you can head on over to our <a href="http://forums.realmmedia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38">Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe forum</a> and join fellow <b>MK</b> fans in what is already being considered the hottest topic in <b>Mortal Kombat</b> history.

Last edited:
Did anyone ask Boon my question to him? lol

Yeah, but we left it out...

We did get an answer and it was Miller Genuine Draft. But I think his real answer is whatever is in his hand at the time cause that was the case when Patrick asked him that.

Thanks for the info and the work behind it, Jeff and Patrick.
Pretty impressive that you guys had the lead right like ages ago.

My question got asked! :hail:. It would have been funny if the drink-question was left in it too (lol@ the audio reaction of Boon). I should've asked one question about his career as a Chef or MKTouch :mrgreen:

We did get an answer and it was Miller Genuine Draft. But I think his real answer is whatever is in his hand at the time cause that was the case when Patrick asked him that.

Oh!! Thank you's :hail::-D

iWin!!

No he had been drinking Bud Light in aluminum bottles all night. Remembered him making a comment about the bottle when he first got one. I'll post the audio of the question later, it's quite funny. MGD he said was clearly his favorite, no hesitation on the answer.

Yay, my question got answered. (it was the Grid 2 one)

He saw the question as I was reading it off the laptop and wouldn't let me finish the question. I'll also post this question's audio because it shows how confident he was in the answer. I may post those behind-the-scenes clips here.

Also I'm going to send a few more questions via email, so if anyone else has anything good reply here or PM them to me.

Well my biggest question is of course, what other characters will be included?

But barring that I would ask the basics of the combat system. Is it analogous to Tekken or Soul Calibur? Does it still utilize a button-link combo system or is it more dependent on individual moves? I would personally prefere the latter. Most of the people I know disliked the 3D MK's fighting because they had to memorize so many freakin' combos. And they didn't think it was worth the effort. I on the other hand, would like some of my friend in the real world to want to play this one with me. Sooo...just answer the question Mr. Boon.

I have another question.

What sort of alternate costumes can we expect for the DC characters? Simple palette swaping? Midway's own alternate rendition of the character? or other classic costumes found in DC universe for that character (e.g The Batman Begins versions)?

Status
Not open for further replies.