MK VS DC Good Idea VS Bad Idea

MK VS DC Good Idea VS Bad Idea

• Good

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

I'm not gonna say how I voted, you can all take a guess.

It could be a good idea...depending on how it turns out. Im sure all the MK kommunity would praise it if it was really fun. I think for the most part everyone is upset that its not a lone MK game. Personally im over the initial shock and am looking forward to new info and stuff. As boon said there is a story mode, and kingdom hearts was a good game that mixed different characters. If the story mode is epic then i could see how many fans would love this.

I voted bad idea. Even though i do think this game will be pretty good, it was still a bad idea to begin with. They should not have started the series on the new consoles like this, however, this does give them a chance to work with the new technology; for more practice. I mean this is not MK like we all know it too be. Rated Teen? No fatalities? The gameplay better be close to flawless.

I voted bad idea. Even though i do think this game will be pretty good, it was still a bad idea to begin with. They should not have started the series on the new consoles like this, however, this does give them a chance to work with the new technology; for more practice. I mean this is not MK like we all know it too be. Rated Teen? No fatalities? The gameplay better be close to flawless.

Which, of course, many MK fans have been disappointed in Midway's ability to make a fighting engine sense MKT. So the chances of Midway pulling that off is slim. Myself, like many MK fans, fallow the series for the storyline more than anything else. I voted bad, because I think this is just a bad concept all around, especially where storyline is concerned. The two are not even close to being related.

Yes, but a crossover was inevitable. I don't see why, if some people like this idea, it makes them less of a MK fan. I, too, have been following the story since MK II and nothing can be worse than what happened in MK:A. To me, that was the last of the franchise, even in MK:D, the story was horrendous. This is fresh. It's a pregame before the real MK 8. The only thing to complain about is the counterpart of DC. Just be glad that you won't be disappointed with lacking storylines. Still this was a bad idea to start out with, but i'm going to do my best to support it until i actually play it.

I liked MKA. At least it stayed MK, instead of trying to pull itself into being more popular through a shameless crossover. MK, unlike SF, somehow avoided the cross over all through the 90's. Why screw it up now? What's next, a cross between Halo and Hello Kitty?

Um.... MK just tried to become more popular in the last game by bringing all of the characters back from the series. And now SF is coming back with a whole new look, and now that it's back don't you think fans will be demanding another Marval vs Capcom? I bet there will be. So now both franchises are in the same column. I don't care what people think, as long as this is well done there should be no problems. I'm going to take this game as it is: a crossover. This is not MK8, when that time comes then it's time to speculate the stories again.

I liked MKA. At least it stayed MK, instead of trying to pull itself into being more popular through a shameless crossover. MK, unlike SF, somehow avoided the cross over all through the 90's. Why screw it up now? What's next, a cross between Halo and Hello Kitty?
OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING!
halo_kitty_by_magilla_da_ki.jpg

I chose good idea, cos I love MK and I love DC, and the thing with DC is that it isn't all about Superheroes, there is a lot of ninja background, a lot of paranormal etc. It can fit. Anyonewho has actually read any comics in the last 10 years would see that. But seriously, Comics and MK are two of my biggest interests. If there was a Jedi and Kain from Legacy of, I'd piss myself with glee right now lol. This isn't MK8, this is a dream match, like Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom vs. SNK, Spectral vs. Generation, Namco X Capcom, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Calibur 2 and 4 and the like. Might not even be canon.

Seriously, If you don't like it, don't play it.

To be honest, I don't like the idea. The main reason I don't is that Midway stopped the Armageddon bios that they promised they would finish to start to work more on this instead. To me, at least, the real MK died with Armageddon. It was the last MK with any canon and any legitimacy. A lot of people didn't like the endings because they didn't end anything. To be honest, I really didn't expect them to. They've always been more introspective into the characters, rather than anything truly decisive. It's not until the next game that the fans get to know what really happens and what doesn't. Now we all know the end of the Armageddon tournament, the universe ends and Mortal Kombat goes to Hell. I would just have been a lot happier if Midway had kept their promise and finished the Armageddon bios. That way we would know what did and did not happen, in more detail, between Deception and Armageddon. That way, the original and canon story would at least be complete. Then they could go screw MK up and, to be frank, I wouldn't care much because I already figured the new series would never be like the original one I loved anyway.

Last edited:
I voted bad because anything they can do with this game, they could have done with MK alone, and that's what I would have preferred. 80% of DC fans will say "who is Sub Zero?" just like 80% of MK fans will say "who is Lobo?". That's little-to-no interest in a lot of the rosta. Having said that, if Midway offered us Batman instead of Kobra in MKD ... who would have taken it? :mrgreen:

OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING!
halo_kitty_by_magilla_da_ki.jpg

I chose good idea, cos I love MK and I love DC, and the thing with DC is that it isn't all about Superheroes, there is a lot of ninja background, a lot of paranormal etc. It can fit. Anyonewho has actually read any comics in the last 10 years would see that. But seriously, Comics and MK are two of my biggest interests. If there was a Jedi and Kain from Legacy of, I'd piss myself with glee right now lol. This isn't MK8, this is a dream match, like Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom vs. SNK, Spectral vs. Generation, Namco X Capcom, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Calibur 2 and 4 and the like. Might not even be canon.

Seriously, If you don't like it, don't play it.

Really? I think you should seriously make a thread giving us some background on DC and their potential. I, and i assume im not the only one, only know batman, all batmans bad guys, superman, flash (really fast, thats about all i know), green lantern (know very little) and thats about it.

I really can't say right now whether it's a good idea or a bad idea.

It will all depend on how well the characters will mix up together and ofcourse how the gameplay will be.
Right now we don't know enough about both of them. We can only see if the characters mix well together once we've seen or played the full game (eg which characters were used, how are all the characters portrayed. how is the mood, how do the characters play, which moves are used etc).

If the right corresponding design and art is used (eg DC characters being darker portrayed then usual to match with the overall dark MK characters) and the right characters are matched up (eg, Rayden vs Superman, Shang Tsung vs Ra's Al Ghul, Reptile vs Killer Croc, Cyrax vs Metallo. In general characters which together can mix up well) then in theory it can work.

Ofcourse I have skeptical feelings (the MK universe is mainly mythical, dark and extreme while the DC universe isn't), but I will wait for the game to give a right judgment.

One thing is for sure: with professional DC writers being used we can expect a complete story again (without holes) unlike some recent MK stories.

Last edited:
I vote good idea. I just hope is has a good story seeing how the MK series has always been a story based fighting series. If we're lucky (don't bet on it) this game may plug up holes from Armageddon and Deception.

And if we're truely lucky, DC will publish a comic arc for the game!