A Perfect Circle

highwaytothelost said:
Let's face it. THis is one of the best bands around. Instead of going into a studio to just cut an album they actually compose, using all of their resources. Now they are making this new cd "Emotive" and they re-do john lennons "Imagine" wow. Check it out.

http://boss.streamos.com/real/virg0.../imagine_w_interview_hi.ram?siteid=artistsite

Any band who tries to redo one of the most flawless songs ever done is an asshole in my book.

Fuck Lennon copiers.

First off, you know nothing about music. And the reason people cover songs is because the impact it had on them. Not to make money, as any musician will tell you. Now you're just trying to make an arguement, but music is my home; so just quit now.

highwaytothelost said:
First off, you know nothing about music. And the reason people cover songs is because the impact it had on them. Not to make money, as any musician will tell you. Now you're just trying to make an arguement, but music is my home; so just quit now.

And second off?

Oops, there was no "second off", you just started your 'flame' with "first off" and forgot to add anything else. Idiot?

actually I kinda have to agree with Highway here.although I don't like APC bands usually cover songs by the artists that influenced them.I might say if this was a different band they did it for money but I do beleive APC and tool aren't making music just to sell records.I'm not into either band but they seem to be respectable musicians to me.

I'm with g0d on this one. Sorry HTTL, but APC only had a few good songs. I'm not looking forward to this album, due to the John Lennon cover, as I've heard it already, and agree with the opinions of many, that it's the most monotonous, dross and dull piece o' spunk most people have had the the misfortune of hearing.

GG, APC. Better luck next time, ya?

g0d said:
highwaytothelost said:

And second off?

Oops, there was no "second off", you just started your 'flame' with "first off" and forgot to add anything else. Idiot?

"Now you're just trying to make an arguement, but music is my home; so just quit now."

You know that "now" at the beginning of that sentence? It shows i went on to something else, hince my second off. Sorry you need labels to understand anything.

And most people would disagree with you stony.

highwaytothelost said:
g0d said:
highwaytothelost said:

And second off?

"Now you're just trying to make an arguement, but music is my home; so just quit now."

You know that "now" at the beginning of that sentence? It shows i went on to something else, hince my second off. Sorry you need labels to understand anything.
Ok, when you start a sentence with "first off", the only thing you can do to make yourself not sound like a complete and utter moron is to use one of either transitional phrases: Secondly, or Second Off. There is no "now" to start a new sentence, or you would have used the word "earlier" before. Stop trying to bullshit your way out of this one; you aren't making any valid points, or even any mediocre ones, for that matter.
Yet I don't disagree with him, and it goes to show that at least half the people in this thread do. Most is half, now? Oh...?

Midget Kong said:
actually I kinda have to agree with Highway here.although I don't like APC bands usually cover songs by the artists that influenced them.I might say if this was a different band they did it for money but I do beleive APC and tool aren't making music just to sell records.I'm not into either band but they seem to be respectable musicians to me.

Pretty much everything he said.

StonedSour said:
highwaytothelost said:

To be honest, I couldn't give a !@#$ what other people think. I don't take bullshit.

As a musician yourself i thought you would know better. I like when new bands show where they came from when they give respect to the old bands. And i know when i do covers; it's because i really felt what those bands were saying.

Don't know if this topic is already old and if anyone will see this but here it goes: (this is my opinion and anyone has the right to either agree or disagree, but you know that)

John Lennon was my favorite Beatle and Imagine was actually my favorite song from him, I can play most of it on piano (not bragging, it's probably the only song I can play) but anyways, I'm also a HUGE A Perfect Circle fan (gotta say the "A") and when i heard they were already coming out with a new album I was so poopin' the pants.

The new version of Imagine is great! Why do I think that? To put it simply, because it sets a different tone. With the "great one's" original version it had a sense of hope. But with this version, with the new tone and the same lyrics, made me feel that there our alot of wrong things going on in the world these days and that we need some kind of change.
Definitley darker, but I never thought I could hear those lyrics in a dark way like that. And I thought it fit well with our current events.

That's my take on it, sorry if it was too long. In days like these we need John Lennon more than ever to show that the people do have a voice, especially through music. At least there are some bands today that are trying.

"Imagine there was no Mortal Kombat." AHHHHHHHHHH!

highwaytothelost said:
StonedSour said:
highwaytothelost said:

To be honest, I couldn't give a !@#$ what other people think. I don't take bullshit.

As a musician yourself i thought you would know better. I like when new bands show where they came from when they give respect to the old bands. And i know when i do covers; it's because i really felt what those bands were saying.

Say what? APC is not NEW. They were a few years ago, but they're now an established part of their genre. They didn't pay respect when they did this. They fucking demolished it.

And this has nothing to do with me being a musician, this is just my opinion.

whatashame said:
Tool is by and far my favorite band of all time, and APC ranks right there with them in my book (imagine that).

right on man apc and tool are equally my favourite bands by far
MJK is just str8 up the man
hope they do a tour in NZ!!!!! :D

I think I preferred the old verison... The new one is... is... Well I'd say it but its not very lady-like. The voice singer is flat. The voice sounds like a drone!

Remake rting 3/10. :x

The morale of this song - never remake something thats a good classic.

Most remakes are crappy... Like.. 'Tainted love'... :x