How would you feel if this game is...in fact a VS game?

Your friend outworld here. Haven't posted in a while, so here goes...

Okay I am starting to think that this game may be a VS game. The rational for my thinking goes along the lines of something like this.

What if 3/4 of the MK8 roster of MK were actual Mortal Kombat characters, and the other 1/4 was someone like....from Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive, or Even the Marvel comic DC characters. Is that possible?

I also want to say how much I appreciate TRMK's interest in MK and MK8. Who do you guys think this tipster is who hinted that the next game may be a VS game? How much credibility does he hold? I guess all will be revealed a month from now on April 16th.

And another thing. When I reported this news to MKO, I was shot down by fans who I guess only would like to see MK ruined and destroyed. I know in terms of this, Midway is not trying to make it go into that direction.

Well, thanks for reading and see you next time TRMK!!

I personally think it would make an AWESOME game. But NOT for the heralded "reinvisioning" of MK that MK8 is supposed to be. Have I always fantasized about MK vs. *Insert Franchise Here*? Sure I have. But if this next MK is as great as Boon says it is, I want it to be pure. The next one? Damn straight I'd like that to be a Vs. title. But this one? Sorry, but no.

MKO is a ****ing joke of anauthority on MK. Its the SRK.com of the world of MK (that is NOT a compliment)

As far as a VS game goes, it depends on one thing. GAMEPLAY.

But I just hope they finally make another MK game, not 3-D Tekken & Soul Caliber wanna be's.

But my guess is that this wont be a VS title.

The only reasonable direction they can take MK is back to the beginning.......as in ANCIENT Mortal Kombat. The original Kung Lao, Goro's entrance into the story line and of course, a younger Shang Tsung.

I'd love a Vs game. but what franchise would even fit with MK? There's Killer Instinct, but that's unlikely, as Rare is pretty much XBox exclusive now and Nintendo obviously wouldn't allow it. But i don't think any other franchise would fit, at least not from a fighting game. I would just merge in characters from other Midway franchises, like Psi-Ops, the Suffering, Mace: The Dark Age, Unreal and Ready 2 Rumble to name a few.
To be honest I don't mind what they do. As long as it's kept canon.

MKO is a ****ing joke of anauthority on MK. Its the SRK.com of the world of MK (that is NOT a compliment)

I disagree. It's like apples and oranges. I like how SRK promotes and hosts tournaments and includes other games in their tournaments besides street fighting games. I believe we can do that here as well. Have MK2, UMK3, and the latest MK game (right now it's MK Armageddon) as the top 3 MK games in the tournament then we can add a Guilty Gear game, latest Tekken game, latest Soul Calibur game, and latest King of Fighters game. What do you guys think?

An MK versus something game is fine, as long as it's a what if scenario. I think it would be silly to try and mish mash some other storyline in. I also reiterate that I view it as clutching for straws.

I really couldn't be any more opposed to the idea. If they decide that at some point they want to do a versus game in between "real" MK games with a different team developing it (similar to how they did Shaolin Monks), alright, fine, but MK8 as a versus title? **** that.

I trust Pat and I know he's not one to post a news story based on something that's nothing more than a ridiculous rumor, but I really hope the guy he got his information from is completely off his rocker and just wanted to mess with us. Like Glam, I want this game to be pure MK, period.

I disagree. It's like apples and oranges. I like how SRK promotes and hosts tournaments and includes other games in their tournaments besides street fighting games. I believe we can do that here as well. Have MK2, UMK3, and the latest MK game (right now it's MK Armageddon) as the top 3 MK games in the tournament then we can add a Guilty Gear game, latest Tekken game, latest Soul Calibur game, and latest King of Fighters game. What do you guys think?

A tournament for MK: Armageddon is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. It would be like having a torunament for MKT, or SFA3. All 3 of those games are very, very broken games, certainly not tournament worthy.

I really couldn't be any more opposed to the idea. If they decide that at some point they want to do a versus game in between "real" MK games with a different team developing it (similar to how they did Shaolin Monks), alright, fine, but MK8 as a versus title? **** that.

I trust Pat and I know he's not one to post a news story based on something that's nothing more than a ridiculous rumor, but I really hope the guy he got his information from is completely off his rocker and just wanted to mess with us. Like Glam, I want this game to be pure MK, period.

But keep in mind Midway is notorious at not always telling the truth at first about their games. Never have been and never will be.

But I dont understand how they could "re-invent" the series with a very non serious idea and concept of a VS title.

A tournament for MK: Armageddon is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. It would be like having a torunament for MKT, or SFA3. All 3 of those games are very, very broken games, certainly not tournament worthy.

They do have tournaments for SFA3. In fact this past weekend in Atlanta (Final Round XI) they had an SFA3 tournament...

Also, why not have MK Gold in it?

Check this out!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fev06S17mBQ

MKT, MKA, SFA3 AND MKG are all broken ass games. That is silly.

I know they do SFA3 tournies. I won one here in Ohio recently.

Corner kick infinites, FTW ;)

I feel like inevitably this will be a VS game. But here me out nothing is lost.

I think The VS game is actually an option. Call it a mini game if you wish. Call it whatever you want. But I know for a fact it won't destroy the MK feel. It just can't be this way.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Hmm... i thought i already posted in this.

Personally, if this is a VS. game then it won't be going in my library. I don't feel like any other fighting game fits in the MK world so matter how creative the story could be.

If this rumour is true, then I really hope it's Killer Instinct too, nothing else is even tolerable.
An explaination could be simular to that of Killer Instinct 2's storyline.
Of course, I think it's MK Vs DOA: Extreme.

I feel like inevitably this will be a VS game. But here me out nothing is lost.

I think The VS game is actually an option. Call it a mini game if you wish. Call it whatever you want. But I know for a fact it won't destroy the MK feel. It just can't be this way.

Only time will tell I suppose.

As if they'd pay for a seperate licence just to put it in a mini game?

I want something new, fresh, all Mortal Kombat....a new darker and serious take on the series. I would hate to think they took 2 years to make a vs game.