Mortal Kombat Kard game remake

marioman1234

Hey all,

First off I am new here so hi!

Ok so a few weeks back I decided that I it would be cool to remake all the cards from the mortal kombat tcg (don't ask me why...) so I started and I've been remaking cards every so often and heres what I have so far.

The first Baraka card was my original design that I scraped cause I just didn't like the way it looked, and the last few (just the card backing) are what the final design is ( I haven't gotten around to giving all of them the final design).Tthese are all still a work in progress so they still might change. Anyway I hope you guys like them.

Last edited:
A few mistakes I noticed that I just have to point out because that's the kind of guy I am:

- "Scorpion" is spelled wrong
- "Opponent" is spelled wrong is some places
- Kano and Smoke are from Earthrealm, not Outworld
- Kitana is from Edenia, not Earth, as is Jade, although technically Outworld could be acceptable for both

I've never actually had any of those cards, so I don't know if you just copied over errors that were already there or not. Anyway, nice job otherwise, and welcome to the forums.

Lol some of the stupid spelling mistakes are mine, but I am pretty much copying the text from the real cards (theres a site with scans of them) so yeah I realize some things are different like Kitana being from Edenia and not Earth, and same goes for the other characters you mentioned. I have been thinking to change things like that to make the cards more up to date with the MK games of now but I dunno yet if I will or not. And thanks, I hope to actually complete the 300 card set so you will be seeing more of them on here.

EDIT* I've added 4 cards, 3 new and one correction card (the scorpion card now actually says SCORPION not scorpian lol)

Last edited:
And now is says that some of the cards have been removed.

Namely: both old and new Scorpion cards, the first four of the second row, the first Goro in the third row, and the second Sonya card.

Oh I didn't notice the old scorpion card was still there but I did remove it from the pic host so it shouldn't have worked anyway, the other cards I have no clue as to why the wouldn't work but I've reposted them so I hope they all work now. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit* I've also added a new card, Motaro which would be from the expansion set that I hope to make after doing the base set. One thing though, I'm not too sure about the little MK3 symbol that I put on it, if anyone has any suggestions about what to do with it, by all means let me know.

EDIT*2
I've updated with 4 new cards, 2 of them which I tried something new picture wise. Also can someone tell me what the limit is for the amount of thumbnails within a post as the number of cards is going up.

Last edited:
Don't know if I'm allowed to double post in my own thread so sorry if I'm not supposed to. I've added 3 new cards, two for Shao Kahn and one Cyrax character card which is for the expansion. Also I'm starting to run out of good comic book images to use for attacks, hence why I've started using sprites (credit goes to mkwarehouse for the sprites and backgrounds) so if anyone knows of any or has any good artwork they would like to contribute then by all means contribute. Anyway enjoy.

EDIT*
One last thing, I also started using "Earthrealm" instead of "Earthworld" for the expansion set

Last edited:
Just finished off Baraka's set of cards, although now I'm kinda thinking that I wanna number and give rarity symbols to the cards so I might do that. Anyway here are the Baraka cards

Last edited:
How exactly are these made? Are they just scans of the official cards that you're making prettier? did you draw the art yourself? How's it work?

Basicly what I'm doing is looking at the original cards, which scans of them can be found here
http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/mkcards/kardlist.html
and I randomly pick one and make it. I made the card backings and type out the stuff on it, but the pictures come from the MK comic books which I try to find good action shots and cut the character out, and the little symbols come from the original cards. I'm really just trying to remake the whole set (and at least try to make them prettier than the originals...lol) and eventually make new cards, which I did start (cyrax and motaro) but won't fully do till I complete the original set. I wish I could do the art myself but I'm kind of outta practice when it comes to drawing so they wouldn't look good at all, and maybe I'm hoping to get some of the good fanartist out there to contribute some art so that people aren't thinking they're fully just a copy and paste project. Anyway i hope that answers your question.

Well...even if you get some real fanart from other people...it's still just a copy and paste job. But I think that's ok because these "versions" I'll call them, are oh so much better looking than those..."attrocities" I'll call them, that I see on that page you linked there. "Cooking with Kano" is the worst I say...

Well I'm glad you like the look of them as I did have a few tries to get the look right. As for the fan art, once I get some (thats if I actually do get some...) they'll be used more for the original cards and part of the original base set so hopefully then it finally won't be considered a copy and paste job lol.

Hey all,

I've been pretty busy lately but i finally got a little bit of time to make a new card, it was a quick one as it didn't have to much text to type and I decided against cutting the pic out because I liked the having all the characters in the background behind Johnny Cage. Anyway enjoy.