Secret Character? Kochal!

Jetfire

After beating Konquest once you can access a bridge in the Netherealm at G-2 where you can fight three battles to release Kochal. I have been unable to complete these battles, so I am uncertain of their outcome.[/code]

Jetfire said:
After beating Konquest once you can access a bridge in the Netherealm at G-2 where you can fight three battles to release Kochal. I have been unable to complete these battles, so I am uncertain of their outcome.[/code]

No, Kochal isn't a secret character. Winning those fights gets you 1000 Onyx koins. Have fun. :roll:

I have to disagree, I think Kochal is a secret character. Why else would it be so hard to "awake him from his slumber".Afterall you have to fight three character that you can't get to until you beat Konquest once already, and then they're hard as hell. I think Kochal is definitely a super unlockable. Im posting on other sites to try to info.

It's 1000 Onyx. The fights really arn't all that hard either - it just depends on who you get to fight them with. If you manage to get Mileena, you can flawless all 3 of them every time.

Her Jump Kick then throw. Rinse and repeat. Computer never blocks and cant counter it.

I believe cabra is wrong about the kochal. There is nothing I have found more difficult in the game then those three fights, and the computer does learn. Perhaps you are less skilled then myself, for 2 of the 3 battles were challenging and t he one vs kira was super annoying. Kabal is a push over, just make sure to block or in a middle of a combo while fighting him. Vs cobra, you have to do it flawlessly or near flawless, patience wins this fight. For Kira: Kobra is the f u c k i n g man. Spent 2 hours with Lui kang, mileena, kenshi all defensive or low dmg characters. Kobra is t he easiest to fight her with, and you have to rush and do high dmg.

And another thing about this "kochal" it opens a portal. You have these secret keys. There are more "secrets" in this game then we realize, and I'm sure there is more to this kochal than we realize. Why would this portal take you back to the starting portal. I say be weary, but don't get your hopes high.

i dunno about nothing being more difficult then those fights, scorpion in edenia is harder... 300% damage and he heals atleast kobra didnt heal

I did this last night. Kabal was definitely a pushover, and Kira was definitely hard as hell. I ended up just exiting and re-challenging her a bunch of times until I finally was able to play as Scorpion. Even then it wasn't easy, but I still beat her eventually (after swearing very loudly multiple times at 3 in the morning).

Kobra wasn't THAT hard, so long as you play extremely defensive. He was hard considering like three or four of his hits would kill you, but once I got to playing as Jade, I just stayed on the defensive and smacked him around with her staff and took him out.

I'd say that was definitely one of the most difficult challenges, at least as far as the Konquest mode goes.

No hidden characters here. May take you a dozen challenges or so, but only turnout is 100 onyx koins. Feeling a little gypped...

Well, no one knows for sure, and I haven't heard any confirmation on these "keys" people are finding. Perhaps there is a secret after all.

maybe im the only one, but i found each of the fights fairly easy, i got lucky and got Baraka in all of em, and beat Kobra and Kabal in the first try, and Kira in 3 or 4

My geuss is that Kochal means Onyx in another language. After all I and a friend of mine have done this once each and each time we just get Onyx + whatever the characters give you following each fight.

Is everyone fogetting Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance... sure you unlock all the characters through the Krypt... but there was still Blaze and Mokap who weren't purchased... it's possible that Awaking Kochal was part of getting Kochal and the Onyx koins were just a bonus. I still believe in the possibility that Kochal truly might be one of the hidden characters... even though I still think it's Fujin and Stryker... I'd love to have Stryker back... he was one of my fav's besides Sindel...

Nydted1 said:
My geuss is that Kochal means Onyx in another language. After all I and a friend of mine have done this once each and each time we just get Onyx + whatever the characters give you following each fight.

So then they were talking about 3 headed onyx monster koins!?!?! It makes so much sense now!

Nydted1 said:

That could be. I googled for kochal, and it turns out it is a word in Polish. Unfortunately, the translaters I found online were of no help.

Any Polish speakers out there willing to help?

thanks!
-D