Mortal Kombat II Version 4.0 (Arcade, not hack!)

magus7000

OK. Hear me out on this. I have been searching so long for anyone that has information on this game. It was an illegal version of Mortal Kombat II that somehow made its way into arcades. It was not developed by Midway and was called Mortal Kombat II Version 4.0. Here in the Pittsburgh area, there were at least two cabinets that I knew of, but within months were taken out.

There were a ton of crazy secrets in it and I used to have a home made guide to it (of course my mom threw it out yearsssss ago), but I am wondering if this jogs ANYONES memory.

This is what I remember:
-Many more fatalities including Jax putting his hand up opponents butt and pulling their head out.. Scorpion opened the pits of hell and threw a guy in.
-Shang Tsung had a bunch of morphs including Sonya, Kano, Elvis, the Kebler Elfs (had to be done in the Living Forest while already morphed into Sub-Zero), and even Goro (Goro had a fatality as well where he ripped your limbs off with his four arms)
-There were animalities that took up the entire screen and i think even nude-alities.

I know this all sounds weird or made-up, but i swear it was real. Does anyone remember seeing/hearing/reading about this? Thanks.

so apparently you don't think you can hack an arcade game huh?

if what your talking about did exist that it's obviously been hacked.
and yes you can hack the actual physical arcade board.

about the only game I've ever heard of with nude-alitys/sex-alitys (whatever they were called) was Tattoo Assasins (only 3 cabinets were made) but it didn't really have mortal kombat characters in it,unless you count them using some of the original actors.

the only real MKII Arcade hack I know of that was pretty good was MKII challenger.

this particular hack that I'm speaking of actually did show up in a few arcades (and small restaurants but is still pretty rare (the actual arcade machine,the rom dump is pretty easy to find for MAME).

so here's my point.
I think either you remember something that didn't happen (and that has happened to me as well)
or your just BSing to get yourself attention.

either way I can't find a trace of this game.

so here's a vid of MKII challenger and and also a vid of tattoo assassins.

MKII Challenger
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M7g0Ygmu2vM

Tattoo Assassins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_08g0Vu7CM

points for the Keibler elves morph though LMAO

Last edited:
i meant pc rom hack, but i getcha

and no im not BSing... i know theres no trace of it online, thats why im so confused about it. But i know of two locations and two people whove played it (one being my brother who was 18 at the time, so i doubt he would mess with me about it, i was just asking him about it prior to my first post)

so yea.. it is an odd version, but i can assure you it was real.

ok,despite the contradiction of you claiming it not to be a hack in the title and then saying it was a pc rom hack in this post I'll still ask questions as this is one of the very few posts in recent months that I've even bothered to reply to being as this place is pretty dead and boring now.

are you the other person you've mentioned who's played this game?
I mean have you actually seen the thing in action?
brothers especially brothers of that age tend to feed their little brothers alot of bullshit too to make themselves cooler in the eyes of their little bros.

it's not malicious and it's not done to make you the fool or anything.it's just big brothers like to be looked up to.
being the youngest of the boys at near 23 now I can't really relate to the younger brother thing but I used to do similar stuff to my Nephew.
I still like him to look up to me for certain things though.

i didnt contradict myself, i just didnt clarify. obviously the game is hacked, but it is not a pc hack like i have seen out there, thats what i meant in the title.

and we really dont need to get into a moral debate over my brother.. he saw the game, i saw the game, my best friend saw the game.. it exists... im just hunting for info on.. thats all

i didnt contradict myself, i just didnt clarify. obviously the game is hacked, but it is not a pc hack like i have seen out there, thats what i meant in the title.

and we really dont need to get into a moral debate over my brother.. he saw the game, i saw the game, my best friend saw the game.. it exists... im just hunting for info on.. thats all

listen dude,while I'm skeptical about the existence of this game I want you to know I'm being very polite compared to the attitude that you could have gotten from members when this board wasn't dead as shit.

go to the mortal kombat online forums (if there's still even people over there) and see what they'd say.

put it this way dude,I didn't even automatically write you off as a nut job and I still don't,obviously there's a reason for you believing this game exists so I figured I'd even try all types of searches for it but no luck.
I figured at least a good rom for a regular 4.0 version would come up for mame.
or a 4th revision,whatever.

only other version of MK I can think of that even closely resembles (just based on fatalitys) what you might see in the game is ultimate MK Trilogy which is a genesis UMK3 hack,quite a lot of fatalitys but I still don't think it has nude-alitys.

I hope you find it if it does exist but as a skeptic of both paranormal claims and plain and simple bullshit (not calling your claim bullshit,just saying it's not something I'll just take your word on) I'm gonna need more evidence to beleive your claim.

and keep searching for it if your that firm on your beliefs about this game,after all it's a great feeling to be able to say "I told you so".

Is this thread real? Am I sleep-surfing on the information superhighway?
This is the wierdest thread. Ever.

I've been playing MK since '92, I worked at an arcade for 8 years and I NEVER heard anything like this before. Never.

Is this thread real? Am I sleep-surfing on the information superhighway?
This is the wierdest thread. Ever.

I've been playing MK since '92, I worked at an arcade for 8 years and I NEVER heard anything like this before. Never.

so nobody's ever tried to bullshit you about Nude-alitys and the like?

shit,when I was in grade school there was even a kid trying to tell me about a Nude mode and wouldn't stop talking about how Liu Kang's balls would flap around when he'd do his flying kick.
everything except for the Nude-alitys that he's claiming sounds at least plausible compared to
just need to know what your doing,and you can definitly program that ass rip thing in Mugen if you felt it was worth the time.

I'm on my meds now so if I don't make as much sense as I was in my previous post that's cause the pills.

anyways at least this thread was interesting enough,all the other threads are can't really even get anyone to post anything.I was beginning to wonder when Pat was just gonna shut this place down.
pull the plug on the place,after all it's already been dead for a while.
maybe,if this guy makes more threads we'll have a reason to post I guess.

wishful thinking on my part I guess.

heh. i know yer not tryin to be mean. its all good. i just find it really weird that this game was in two arcades in pittsburgh and theres no evidence ANYWHERE.

oh well... at least it got people talking... im an MK fan from the very beginning as well, and i fully understand if you all think im BSing cause i wouldnt believe me either if i read this on a board

so nobody's ever tried to bullshit you about Nude-alitys and the like?

shit,when I was in grade school there was even a kid trying to tell me about a Nude mode and wouldn't stop talking about how Liu Kang's balls would flap around when he'd do his flying kick.
everything except for the Nude-alitys that he's claiming sounds at least plausible compared to
just need to know what your doing,and you can definitly program that ass rip thing in Mugen if you felt it was worth the time.

I'm on my meds now so if I don't make as much sense as I was in my previous post that's cause the pills.

anyways at least this thread was interesting enough,all the other threads are can't really even get anyone to post anything.I was beginning to wonder when Pat was just gonna shut this place down.
pull the plug on the place,after all it's already been dead for a while.
maybe,if this guy makes more threads we'll have a reason to post I guess.

wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Yeah, I heard alot of stupid rumors and shit over the years, but since I knew I played those versions of the game all the time, I knew it was all BS.

Haha, I want some of what your taking. ;)

Perhaps you're looking for the hacked Revision 4.2? I can't seem to find a list of all the changes that were made from 3.1 final, but it does show up on google a few times.

http://www.vm68.com/mkromhacks/mk2_v42.html has a blurb about it, and a screenshot of the test menu

EDIT: Also, gotta love google

http://mksecrets.net/mk2/eng/mk2-arcade.php claims that:

Version 4.2:

* Uppercuts are faster
* Cage does red shadow kick and uppercut every time
* Cages shadow kick goes twice as far
* Barakas roundhouse has awesome range
* Noob Saibot after only six wins
* Pong after only 20 or so wins
* Secret characters vulnerable to missile weapons
* Liu Kang has a red dragon fatality
* Kung Lao has a bones in his hat fatality