Worst MK release???

Really because I see quite a few posts that refer to me as "ignorant" and my statement as "untrue."

Which of course is ridiculous, as those words by definition only refer to facts, not opinions

So argue the points I made about it. If it was "just a Scorpion fanboy add-on to MK3", why was Scorpion the most pointless character that was added? How do you explain UMK3 being the ONLY tournament-worthy game in the series? If MK3 is "superior", why isn't it played at tournies? Do you really believe that adding more characters, combos and fatalities was not an improvement?

Have you actually played all of the MK games?

So argue the points I made about it. If it was "just a Scorpion fanboy add-on to MK3", why was Scorpion the most pointless character that was added? How do you explain UMK3 being the ONLY tournament-worthy game in the series? If MK3 is "superior", why isn't it played at tournies? Do you really believe that adding more characters, combos and fatalities was not an improvement?

Have you actually played all of the MK games?

Oh what the heck.

First off, you're making a non sequitur. The fact that Scorpion was ultimately a non-factor in UMK3's popularity does not in any way change the fact that UMK3's existence was chiefly caused by fan backlash at Scorpion's absence.

Second, in my opinion UMK3 ISN'T the only tournament-worthy game in the series. The reason that it's the only one being played at tourneys is simply because more people agree with you than with me. That doesn't make me wrong... it's called OPINION.

Adding characters, combos, and fatalities without making any changes to the game itself is not an improvement. It's just an expansion pack. They could have just left it alone and worked on MK4. The only reason UMK3 was made was because the Scorpion fanboy nation is so big that it actually made economic sense for Midway to appease them.

And I have played the following MK games: MKI, MKII, MK3, UMK3, MKDA, MKD. I have not played any of the games outside the main series, nor have I played MK4 or MKA, largely because their releases coincide with my periods of less interest in MK (I'm somewhat cyclical in that regard). I believe I've played enough MK games to offer an OPINION that I don't like UMK3.

First off, you're making a non sequitur. The fact that Scorpion was ultimately a non-factor in UMK3's popularity does not in any way change the fact that UMK3's existence was chiefly caused by fan backlash at Scorpion's absence.

I'm pretty sure UMK3 would have been made regardless of fans wanting Scorpion back. Boon has such a hard-on for that guy, he's going to give you some Scorpion, whether you want it or not!

UMK3 was the vast improvement of the crappy MK3
if you saw my last post: http://bit.ly/gANG88

UMK3 is one of the best MK Games of that era
which is why MK HD Collection will include Mortal kombat 1, Mortal kombat 2, A demo for Mortal kombat 9 and ULTIMATE MORTAL KOMBAT 3!
Ed boon knows that MK3 can neva fit in that loop because he himself didnt like MK3 which is why UMK3 was released immediately after MK3!

Oh what the heck.

Second, in my opinion UMK3 ISN'T the only tournament-worthy game in the series. The reason that it's the only one being played at tourneys is simply because more people agree with you than with me. That doesn't make me wrong... it's called OPINION.

Adding characters, combos, and fatalities without making any changes to the game itself is not an improvement. It's just an expansion pack. They could have just left it alone and worked on MK4. The only reason UMK3 was made was because the Scorpion fanboy nation is so big that it actually made economic sense for Midway to appease them.

And I have played the following MK games: MKI, MKII, MK3, UMK3, MKDA, MKD. I have not played any of the games outside the main series, nor have I played MK4 or MKA, largely because their releases coincide with my periods of less interest in MK (I'm somewhat cyclical in that regard). I believe I've played enough MK games to offer an OPINION that I don't like UMK3.

Out of curiosity, what would constitute an "improvement"? The differences between MK3 and UMK3 are pretty much the same as the differences between MKII and MK3, but you don't have a problem with that? :facepalm:

Last edited:
MK4 wasn't great (to me) for a lot of reasons. I didn't like the weapons, the animations were cheesy, the endings were horrible and the 3D element sucks (I don't like any 3D fighting games). I don't think you're the only one who likes it, and it's FAR from the worst game in the series.

This game didnt do what the last 5 games before it did this game was animated in 3D like soul calibur was
instead traditionally doing motion capture with actors

Mortal kombat Armageddon is a canon to MK Universe for it plays a important role in MK9

to build the game. Loved Deadly Alliance and Deception fighting mechanics but seemed as if Armageddon was a toned down version of both games. I just thought that the originality was kinda of lacking. Most characters fought the same.

Mortal kombat Armageddon was toned down for a reason
because there was some many fighters and the memory restrictions on the consoles of the 6th generation was very high to
what we have now (PS2 4.7GB-8.4GB, PS3 25GB-50GB)

IF IT CAME OUT ON PS3 it wouldve been better tho

My least favorites are easily Deception and Deadly Alliance. I thought they were so awful. That's when the series started losing my respect. I hated the controls, the stories and most of the new characters.
Deception was the greatest

Last edited:
This is game didnt do what the last 5 games before it did this game was animated in 3D like soul calibur was

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I don't like the end result, and that's what I judge the game on. The new MK looks good, and it's essentially the same thing (sans the side-stepping), but it's also not incorporating the stuff I didn't like about MK4.

It would've been fine if they'd made innovations that made the end result better, but what they did didn't make the end result better, so it sucked.

And you might wanna use the edit button.

Cool, I'm glad that what I said had absolutely no ****ing impact whatsoever. I'm done trying be nice about this. Any further uncivil posts in the thread will be deleted and the author will get an infraction and/or negative rep. Period. I don't care who you are and I don't care what your excuse is. If you want to debate me on this, you can PM me.

On topic, after finally being able to play MK Mythologies on an emulator, I can safely say that it's the worst MK game I've played. As much as I appreciate the integration of classic MK mechanics, mixing them with painfully frustrating platforming and a lack of auto-facing for most situations just doesn't work.

Worst MK release:Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Worst Character:Shujinko MKD
Worst Finisher:Quan Chi Neck Stretch Fatality

Worst game easily was MKT. Very unbalanced especially the A.I. which was way too hard. Worst character to me was Stryker. This "see me tomorrow at the mall rent-a-cop" was only human with NO magic powers or special abilities, just a plain ol' John Doe who carries a firearm and taser. Oh wait, let's not forget his 3rd most used weapon....The Night Stick...."Hey, whatr' u doin' out here, if u don't leave soon, I'll be forced to give u a Rodney King beating with my stick!"ILMAO!

Heyyy Mythologies was solid(well only the Sub-Zero ver). You haters need to go see Dr. Sheen and get prescribed a dose of WINNING!

Worst MK: MKvsDC/MKA no blood lame fatalities all around. HORRID gameplay online. Only thing i liked about that game was pro moves.
Worst Char: Probably Shujinko or how ever you spell it, or maybe Hsu Hao, or maybe Blaze, Meat, Bo Rai Cho...theres quite a few terrible chars in the MK series.
Worst Fatality: Probably any fatality from MK4 or MKvsDC.
Most Underrated: Hotaru. He would have been a keeper if they had actually given him a move list.

Well lets see the worst MK game? Well all of them after MK Gold it just seems like they just gave up on making a somewhat balanced fighter. Basically the later 3D iterations of the series were a shell of the former arcade release. Hopefully with MK 2011 things will start to go back to the way they were and stay that way.

As for worst character in the series i'm going to go with DAIROU a completely unnecessary character.

Well here is to MK 2011 hope it lives up to all the hype and is not as terrible as MK VS DC.

Heyyy Mythologies was solid(well only the Sub-Zero ver). You haters need to go see Dr. Sheen and get prescribed a dose of WINNING!

Worst MK: MKvsDC/MKA no blood lame fatalities all around. HORRID gameplay online. Only thing i liked about that game was pro moves.
Worst Char: Probably Shujinko or how ever you spell it, or maybe Hsu Hao, or maybe Blaze, Meat, Bo Rai Cho...theres quite a few terrible chars in the MK series.
Worst Fatality: Probably any fatality from MK4 or MKvsDC.
Most Underrated: Hotaru. He would have been a keeper if they had actually given him a move list.

Are you insane? Quan Chi's Leg Beater is one of the greatest Fatalities in the series.

It's a tie between MK Advance and MK Special Forces for me. I remember way back when Special Forces came out I was playing it at my friend's house and I was like "What the shit is this?". The only good thing to come out of that game was Tremor. And I didn't know how horrid MK Advance was until I played it a few years ago. My God...