Worst MK release???

Why was my post deleted? There wasnt anything wrong with it, other than it being the absolute truth.

Love Cowboy made an asinine comment, and i called him out on it. Both comments should have been deleted, not just mine, considering my is true and his isnt.

How is there nothing wrong with calling someone "retarded" for stating an opinion? Come on, Tim, considering your knowledge of UMK3, I know you can make a much more constructive and informative post that explains why LC's assessment is inaccurate. I don't find dropping an insult necessary and it definitely doesn't explain why you think he's wrong.

How is there nothing wrong with calling someone "retarded" for stating an opinion? Come on, Tim, considering your knowledge of UMK3, I know you can make a much more constructive and informative post that explains why LC's assessment is inaccurate. I don't find dropping an insult necessary and it definitely doesn't explain why you think he's wrong.

ok fair enough, but it was just as ignorant as the statement given. To say MK3 was perfect and that no real improvements made, is very much so a retarded statement. I'll elaborate on why the statement is wrong.

I actually enjoyed Mythologies :). It's the only game you could upgrade subby and turn him into a killing machine with all those moves, combos etc.. The cutscenes are also excellent (except the one you see quanchi bumping into the camera and you realise the background is fake lol).

The sloppy controls killed it. I really wanted to like it, and it would've been really good had they made it play well, but since they didn't, it sucked.
UMK3. They re-made a perfectly good game with no real improvements just to pay fan service to you crybaby Scorpion fanboys. What a sell-out.

Take this trolling BS elsewhere. How is adding better combos, more great characters, more fatalities and better combo starters not an improvement? To say that it was nothing more than cowtowing to Scorpion fans is obvious bullshit since Scorpion was essentially neutered once Human Smoke was revealed. Of all of the characters added in UMK3, Scorpion is EASILY the least used. Let's not forget that UMK3 is BY FAR the most popular game in the series and the ONLY game in the series to offer a tournament level of gameplay.

Why does everyone say MK4 sucks? MK4 is hands-down my favorite fighting game lol. I loved the super fast gameplay and being able to incorporate your special moves right into a combo.

Love Cowboy that is the most Ignorant Comment I have ever heard, You know nothing about MK, Your comment should be removed. Tim Static Im with you bro!

Why does everyone say MK4 sucks? MK4 is hands-down my favorite fighting game lol. I loved the super fast gameplay and being able to incorporate your special moves right into a combo.

MK4 wasn't great (to me) for a lot of reasons. I didn't like the weapons, the animations were cheesy, the endings were horrible and the 3D element sucks (I don't like any 3D fighting games). I don't think you're the only one who likes it, and it's FAR from the worst game in the series.

Yes! Insults like that need to be worked on in EVERY SITE! Whether it's Youtube, game forums, and even Facebook and Myspace. Unless of course, people are just friends and they are saying those things to eachother just for fun. But if someone doesn't know a certain person, then they have no right to tell them that they are "retarded", "stupid", "dumb", and etc.

Back on topic, the worst MK release, I'll have to say is MK1 because it lacked a lot of elements. I mean, it was almost impossible for me to win due to the slow and sometimes delayed gameplay. The roster was too little. The only character I played as usually was Sonya. Also, the MK2 was very difficult but improved a lot since MK1.
The MK3 games were pretty good but a lot of combos were too difficult to pull off and that a lot of the fatalities never made sense at all. In MK4/MKG, it was alright. However, I couldn't do fatalities manually because my characters would move around and do the wrong things. I'd have to usually do do bonebreakers (which I liked) or do one button fatality codes. In MKDA and MKA, I liked them but the gameplay is slooooooooow and my characters often lagged when they have to look in a different direction when the opponent jumps to the other side. That same thing happens in MKA but it improved gameplay wise. The number one thing I hated in these 3 dimensional games were stupid glitches. I hate how cloth would go through the body of a character. The team needs to work on that. Now in MKvsDCU, there were more improvements but fatalities didn't look very good and some don't even make sense such as Kitana's Kiss of Death where the victim explodes but ends up being a skeleton. It would've been better if the victim just dissappeared after the explosion. So yeah, I hope MK improves big time when the game gets released.

Last edited:
Armageddon. Cool intro. Though the game was complete and utter garbage. MK vs DC is close to being bad, but since it is, as thexx25 describes, the first HD MK, I like it. Certainly not the best by any means, but it came a little close to being old school, and it just looks cool.

MK4 hate?! :( That game was so cool in the arcades. And the continue screen was phenomenal! To each their own.

Did you even read his post, NF? It's one thing to go on and on and do nothing but insult people, but there are times where harsh words are appropriate, and CL's post is absolutely absurd, so I think it made sense.

That nokidding guy is now banned, and I'm assuming it's because of the multiple warnings he got for making lame threads. If we were allowed to be more free with our words, he might not have made threads like that, the mods would have less things to worry about and this place would still be a great place for MK fans. Instead of getting your feelings hurt from people chastising the stuff you post, perhaps you could get thicker skin and learn that some opinions are just weird.

Again, I don't want this place to be a haven for flame wars, but harsh words from respected and knowledgeable members shouldn't be a big deal.

Did you even read his post, NF? It's one thing to go on and on and do nothing but insult people, but there are times where harsh words are appropriate, and CL's post is absolutely absurd, so I think it made sense.

There are harsh words and there are insults. Had Tim elaborated on his problems with that opinion, similar to what you did, I wouldn't have bothered stepping in, but as it was, it was pretty one-dimensional in that regard. However, I digress; I don't want to make a huge deal out of the one lousy post of his that I actually felt the need to delete.

That nokidding guy is now banned, and I'm assuming it's because of the multiple warnings he got for making lame threads.

No, he was banned for defying and insulting another moderator when he was told yet again not to make said lame threads. No one's ever going to banned for something that simple, unless they're just out and out spamming. If you see a name with a line through it and wonder just how that could've possibly happened when nothing you've seen them post is quite deserving of that, rest assured that there are plenty of incriminating deleted posts and PMs that got them there.

If we were allowed to be more free with our words, he might not have made threads like that, the mods would have less things to worry about and this place would still be a great place for MK fans. Instead of getting your feelings hurt from people chastising the stuff you post, perhaps you could get thicker skin and learn that some opinions are just weird.

So essentially, if we weren't locking his stupid threads he wouldn't have made more stupid threads? If that is indeed how he functions, then that's his problem, not ours. We're trying uphold The Forum Rules and keep this place "clean" in all senses of the word. If that occasionally includes posts being edited, deleted or the author otherwise being reprimanded in an attempt at diffusing flame wars and negativity towards other members before they happen, then so be it.

The thing is, if we back off on the modding, all hell breaks loose and people ask why things aren't being done about it. If we tighten down as much as we feel is a reasonable amount, we're chastised for being too strict. Making any attempt at falling somewhere in between simply lands you with crap like "well, how come I got an infraction for saying this but someone else said that and nothing happened?".

Again, I don't want this place to be a haven for flame wars, but harsh words from respected and knowledgeable members shouldn't be a big deal.

Again I'll allude to the difference between harsh words and insults, but this really wasn't a big deal. I deleted a post. I'm not deleting Tim's posts left and right, and I'm not deleting yours left and right (if I recall correctly, I had previously deleted a whopping zero of your posts combined). I believe that this place should be a safe haven for people's opinions, so long as they don't step on the toes of others, and that goes for trashing a game everyone hates as well as trashing a game everyone loves.

I don't necessarily think that we should treat certain members differently simply because they're "well respected and knowledgeable", even though I recognize that it does happen (I know I am guilty of this). This isn't black and white, and I'm constantly second-guessing my actions as a mod, but when it comes down to it, I do what I think I need to do to maintain a pleasant and civil atmosphere at this place, and I know the other mods act similarly. Bottom line, no matter what we do, we're never going to make everybody happy; there will always be dissension.

Everyone calm down......the best MK game hands down will be coming out next year. When that happens nuthin else will matter......knowwhatimeen???

I am really hoping that they have older games playable as a bonus, and does any1 know if there is a better version yet that u can pre order......like call of duty black ops did???

THE WORST MK RELEASE WILL HAVE TO GO TO MORTAL KOMBAT GOLD:_mad: :rant: :banghead: :The_Villagers:

Not only because it was on dreamcast:puke:
simply because it was horrible MK4 was better and this would've been better on PS1

Worst MK Releases
1). Mortal Kombat Gold
2). Mortal Kombat Special Forces
3.) Mortal Kombat 3
4). Mortal Kobmat 8 (Sorta)

there is no other mortal kombat that belongs on that List

all these "Mistakes" probably could've been avoided
if they would jus updated MK4/MKG to da PSN Classics or atleast da PS2 ftw:)

all these "Mistakes" probably could've been avoided
if they would jus updated MK4/MKG to da PSN Classics or atleast da PS2 ftw:)

Truer words have never been spoken my friend, long have I yearned for a xbla or psn release of MK4 or an updated MKG. I want to wipe the floor with all of you in that game lol. Scorpion fake-outs for everyone!!!

Hi, new to this site. Been a mk fan since the first. I have played all of the mk games ever since. Love the side games as well. Favorite Mk games include Mk2,Mk3 every edition, Deception. Worst, Armageddon. I just thought it was too ambitious for that particular engine they were using to build the game. Loved Deadly Alliance and Deception fighting mechanics but seemed as if Armageddon was a toned down version of both games. I just thought that the originality was kinda of lacking. Most characters fought the same. Love what there doing with Mk9. Boon is the Man. Glad to see that Warner is giving him time to polish this game. Hope they take there time. Lets just hope they delay it a couple times. HaHaHa.

My least favorites are easily Deception and Deadly Alliance. I thought they were so awful. That's when the series started losing my respect. I hated the controls, the stories and most of the new characters.

By the time Armageddon came into existence, I didn't give two shits about any of the characters. But I bought it because it's Mortal Kombat. And I had a lot of fun with the Kreate a Fighter thing. But that's really all I use it for.

The game just felt broken to me.

Nothing will ever top MK 1-4. MK9 is looking great, though.

Hm... well this is an interesting turn of events. I'd respond, but if my OPINION that UMK3 sucks and was a sell-out to Scorpion fans results in a battle like this, clearly I must be on to something....

worst mortal kombat game, hands down, none of them, I am a hardcore MK fan and Love all of them, maybe not all as equal, but they always hold a special place in my heart, MKFOREVER son.

Hm... well this is an interesting turn of events. I'd respond, but if my OPINION that UMK3 sucks and was a sell-out to Scorpion fans results in a battle like this, clearly I must be on to something....

We weren't arguing over the correctness of your opinion, genius. :rolleyes: