Worst MK release???

I thought Armageddon was the worst.
The characters didn't have a lot of personality; same fatalities, same combos, no ending pictures, and a lot of the characters were stripped of some moves. Reptile only had 2 special moves

MK VS DC and Armageddon. I hated T rating and the Dc Universe. In Armageddon the only good thing was that there were so many characters.

mk vs dc hands down,goofy story,horrible unbalanced controls,cheap characters,and god awful fatalities,this game is neck and neck with mk special forces.just straight ass!

Armageddon is bad cause of the thousands of characters with no story, no explanation why they came back to life, cheap fatalities for everyone. And MKvsDCU of course, mostly because of bad fatalities, bad story and bad controls.

Worst character is Hsu Hao, worst fatality is Quan Chi's neck stretch.

Last edited:
gba mortal kombat hands down, it's even worse than mk3 on the sega master system. i thoroughly enjoyed armegeddon. i didn't like the fatalities or online with mk vs dc, but i absolutely love that damn game. almost forgot, the r-zone version... damn that was the worst. i want my life and money back from tiger. i swear if i ever meet anyone who was affiliated or responsible for mk3 on the r-zone, i'm going to be in jail for assault charges shortly after.

Last edited:
mk vs dc hands down,goofy story,horrible unbalanced controls,cheap characters,and god awful fatalities,this game is neck and neck with mk special forces.just straight ass!

Oh come on MAGNUM, it's not THAT bad! lol, I only agree about the fatality part (again I only play with Rayden and his fatalities are ok). Why cheap characters? That yellow eye thing was also ridiculous.

Okay are we talking about mainstream games, or particular games for what system, or spinoffs included as well? Whatever, i will list my worst LOL:

Worst Overall Mainstream MK Game - MK vs. DC
Worst MK Game for a particular system - MK Advance (GBA obviously)
Worst MK Spinoff - MK Special Forces (No Shit!!!)

I really enjoyed MK Armaggedon, mainly because it was the first MK i could play online ! I had so much fun, every sunday evening, beating (or beat by) human opponents... Great memories ! (and Hsu Hao is one of my FAVORITE characters... and not only because he is one of the strongest in the game !!:)

Call me weirdo if you want, but i also like MK Advance ! Graphics and sounds are not so bad, and once you've accepted that the game is crappy, you can have some fun (and Micro GBA is the smallest and the cutiest video game system ever made)

MK VS DCU is the first HD graphics MK, and this is enough for me to continue playing it from time to time (until the release of MK9, of course !)

No, the WORST MK release is MK4 !!

I can't play with it more than 10 minutes, even with my favorite characters ! I tried it on my PS3 with supposed "smooth graphics," and on my PSP (bootleg rom), and it's always the same : i stop playing at the second fight because this is boring and the polygonal characters are ugly !

I'd say of the direct series MK4 probably wasn't too good (the graphics were icky and the fatalities were merely rehashes) and the MK3 ports for the gameboy (total crap).

It had decent controls from my experience.

From my understanding, Special Forces was pretty bad, but I haven't played it myself. I think Mythologies is the worst game I've played.

Including games for systems like the GBA is kinda unfair since the systems don't actually have the features needed (not enough buttons) to get a decent experience.

I think Mythologies is the worst game I've played

I actually enjoyed Mythologies :). It's the only game you could upgrade subby and turn him into a killing machine with all those moves, combos etc.. The cutscenes are also excellent (except the one you see quanchi bumping into the camera and you realise the background is fake lol).

I thought Armageddon was the worst.
The characters didn't have a lot of personality; same fatalities, same combos, no ending pictures, and a lot of the characters were stripped of some moves. Reptile only had 2 special moves

reptile had 4 special moves. acid spit, running serpent, invisible and rolling spikes . or somehting alongthose lines

they were all good as far as console games went. I bought them all. I played 1 thru umk3 on snes and saturn. MK4 on Ps and N64. all the rest on ps2 and ps3. some of you people are too damn picky. ya have to take the good with the bad and let the good shine through. seriously how many of you can make a functional KAK let alone fighting game. give credit where credit is do and be appreciative that your favorite franchise is still around 20 years later. MK9 is gonna be the shyt. I don't care what the rest of the of the games did wrong I focus on what they did right. most everyone hates mk vs dcu I thought it was awesome because it was a stepping stone to MK9. it served as a template for the new MK and it also gave them a chance to utilize the unreal engine3 and learn how to use it right. in actuality you should all love Mk vs Dc because with out it MK9 wouldn't be the game it is now.

Last edited:
Oh come on MAGNUM, it's not THAT bad! lol,

man c'mon that game drove me crazy!i will fill this whole post up if i get started on that garbage,and far as characters,all u had 2 do is pic superman,scorpion,flash,green lantern,or captain marvel and u were damn near unstoppable,now i play hard and i give out alot of ass whoopins,and i also get mines whooped 2 so i can take it,but when u r able to do one move the whole match and get away with it,to me thats just hot shit.and i will never buy another mk crossover(unless its mk vs k.i lol)in my life

UMK3. They re-made a perfectly good game with no real improvements just to pay fan service to you crybaby Scorpion fanboys. What a sell-out.