MK 8 using Unreal Engine

Sub-Zero957

wow, im so happy that midway is going to use Unreal 3. This means that mk8 will have real looking blood. Non of that fake last gen blood that only looked good once it was plattered on the ground. i'm also glad that it should look much more realistic then last gen graphics. of course theres no pics yet but thats the style of gears, realistic. im so happy.

Link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=156752

Well that's one thing we know about MK8. Good visuals. Well, we'll see more come E for Everyone (or whatever they're calling E3 now).

Boon was right...he said when we start to hear things about the next MK we're going to say "wow, I can't believe they're doing that!" and i can't! That's going to be so awesome to have realistic battles with gritty realism instead of cartoony gore.

Haha we heard about the Unreal Engine back at E3 as an official announcement years ago for all next-gen development. The fact that the MK team was using it was confirmed back in at E3 as well. But glad that people like this engine choice, I do too and I think it's the best thing for the team. Now they can focus on gameplay and not so much on the graphics engine which should require very little modification to get into a Fighting game mode.

Crap I've seen a Golf game on the Unreal Engine, Fighting Game doesn't seem far fetched at all. Imagine Konquest mode where you walk around and then immediately get thrown into a fight without a cut, the camera just moves and alters to get into the right perspective. That's how I envision it's usage.

Oh yea, a more fluid konquest mode with totally immersive fights! That's something they could never do on the last generation! Well, this puts my graphical qualms to rest. I was afraid I'd be fighting happy cel-shaded bunnies...but that's a thing of the past! WHAT AM I SAYING!? I was never worried about how it would LOOK! I'm worried about the story and the gameplay and what modes will be available! Will there be konquest? Since we won't have styles how will fighting work? Will we still have the chain link combo system? Will kreate-a-fighter be back? Can we look forward to an entirely new cast or will it be a continuation of Armageddon with Shinnok in charge of the bad guys? There are so many more questions to be asked aside from how it will look. How superficial can we be?

This is very good news from the start.....hopefully great gameplay can go along with these graphics and engine for the best 3d mortal kombat game ever. Too bad we have to wait almost 2 years though :( It sounds like they are going for a more realistic visual rather then cartoon visuals...which can only be a good thing....at least for adult gamers ;)

I just found this on ign.

It's nothing official but if this is true then that means the Nintendo will be getting the shaft on the new MK game.

P.S: I'm not trying to start rumors but hopefully this isn't tue