The Departing/Returning Members Thread

Welcome back, good sir. :)

Thanking you for your useful post. Bro, did you live in Florida your whole life? I got quite the commentary about the locals. Orlando is weird with all the tourists so it is seems like a giant clash. Plus the amount of transits. The only people I am actually clicking with are the people who are not originally from the south.

I didn't know Johnny Rook was even gone to tell you the truth. I could've sworn I saw him post a few times within the last month or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Thanking you for your useful post. Bro, did you live in Florida your whole life? I got quite the commentary about the locals. Orlando is weird with all the tourists so it is seems like a giant clash. Plus the amount of transits. The only people I am actually clicking with are the people who are not originally from the south.

Yeah, I've lived here in Miami my whole life.
Miami and Orlando are almost 2 different worlds, though.
Public transit is better in Orlando and sucks in Miami, and the tourists in Miami usually stay by the beach.
I'm of Hispanic descent, as are 85% of the people in Miami, and in the Hispanic community we usually joke that you have to learn to speak Spanish first, down here. :laugh:
Florida isn't really considered by Floridians to be part of "The South."
It's its own melting pot of different cultures coming together in 1 place.
The only part of Florida that may (IMO) be "Southern"-like is probably Jacksonville and what we call "the panhandle" area (upper Northwest part of Florida).
If you live near the UCF or Full Sail area (where I used to live, near Goldenrod, Semoran Blvd., University Dr., Aloma and Colonial Dr.), a HUGE portion of the college people from around that area are students from everywhere else but Florida.

I didn't know Johnny Rook was even gone to tell you the truth. I could've sworn I saw him post a few times within the last month or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I posted this one time.

Yeah, I've lived here in Miami my whole life.
Miami and Orlando are almost 2 different worlds, though.
Public transit is better in Orlando and sucks in Miami, and the tourists in Miami usually stay by the beach.
I'm of Hispanic descent, as are 85% of the people in Miami, and in the Hispanic community we usually joke that you have to learn to speak Spanish first, down here. :laugh:
Florida isn't really considered by Floridians to be part of "The South."
It's its own melting pot of different cultures coming together in 1 place.
The only part of Florida that may (IMO) be "Southern"-like is probably Jacksonville and what we call "the panhandle" area (upper Northwest part of Florida).
If you live near the UCF or Full Sail area (where I used to live, near Goldenrod, Semoran Blvd., University Dr., Aloma and Colonial Dr.), a HUGE portion of the college people from around that area are students from everywhere else but Florida.

I have two sous chefs one from Orlando and one from Puerto Rico that have givin me great insight. Orlando is reall unique and is a 180 from where I came from. I will just break it down saying it is easier to get along with the transient workers. I know a little spanish and I am working on responding more than with Grande Tortuga!

I am loving it here, I got to drive up to Jacksonville/St. Augistine which was a blast. soon I plan on driving down to the keys area,

I live off of Kirkman and Conroy, by Metrowest and Dr. Phillips neighborhood, about two lights down from Universal Studios and Wafflehouse.

Welcome back Johnny. Enjoy your stay.

Hey Zmoke I know you're new and all but please stop clogging up the hot topics section and replying to old threads, its kinda annoying to think its a new topic then clicking it and seeing its old. Thanks

[MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION], [MENTION=4996]THE JOHNNY ROOK[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION], is Elias the finest of the realm? :eek:

Please stop spamming the forum. If you would like to contribute to threads, feel free to do so, but, make sure it is something worth typing, and, make sure the thread is not old. A spam post here and there is fine, however, every post being spam is not. If you need any help understanding, just ask.

Thanks =)

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I may not be able to be active on the forum (and ps3 for that matter) for a while. I've got some important matters to handle and I have no clue when I will be able to come back for good. It could be a couple weeks, or it could be a year. I look forward to returning and talking MK with you folks.

Hopefully I'll talk to you again soon, friends.

Hello everyone.
I'm back after my leave back in april/may 2012.
Most of you don't remember me because Patrick just changed my name upon my request. (Thanks by the way!)
I used to be known as FreddyKrueger2011, Or possibly 'Baraka2011' or 'Mileenas Husband' .. I can't remember which name I had when I left.
Well I have been doing a lot of research of MKX 2 days ago and I stumbled on a thread via google search and I thought, hell, why not, I've been gone long enough.
I'm here for another long haul.