Wii

MKMpwnz

What would be the best way for me to purchase a Wii? All the stores are sold out here. Should I just keep calling to see if they have one?

Oh, and buying off the internet is not an option.

See if the stores can check where else has one and get one delivered to them from another in their chain if applicable. Otherwise, patience is a virtue, a sucky one though.

Ok, theres another problem.

My mother is questioning my want for one. She says that I have too many game players.

Tell her the support for the old ones won't exist soon and that this new console will be around for about 4 years.

Tell her this new one is AWESOME. If you get her into it she'll help more. That was my plan and it worked. But you're right, buying online is not an option. You might not get one until next x-mas (exaggeration). Just call stores and see when their next shipment comes in. Then go at like 4 AM to the store and wait in line until it opens. That's how one guy I know got one at Toys R Us's second shipment.

Lol. She does like games, but she can't play 3D. She only likes SNES and some puzzle games on DS.

When I was looking for my AC Adapter, EB games held it for me until I got there. It was on the same day though.

Lol. She does like games, but she can't play 3D. She only likes SNES and some puzzle games on DS.

When I was looking for my AC Adapter, EB games held it for me until I got there. It was on the same day though.

Wii is so fresh and different, she'll enjoy it.

I need to know where I can get the Wii too. or should I just get it on the internet?

Internet appears to be the best bet. Great sales which is a great recovery for Ninty after the cube.

Internet is not the best bet! Take the initiative and wait in a line! If you order online you could be put on backorder and have your Wii ship like weeks and weeks later! Then you'd be responsible for that Wii should you find another one more easily purchased.

Well, the reason I don't want it offline is because I don't have a credit card, not because it would be on backorder.

Ask Dr. Phil to get you one.

Seriously, I watch his show everyday after work, and yesterday was his holiday giveaway special, and EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING AUDIENCE got a Wii (plus a WHOLE LOT of other good, very expensive stuff) !!! I was so mad.

Well considering it's how like 2 weeks 'til the end of 2007 (Christmas rush 'n all) I don't think the chances look good. But I think if you search hard you can get one by the end of January for sure.

Ok, I have some new information that I didn't think would hurt. Nintendo just had a recall on Wii's for the wrist strap. Will this hurt the shipments?

HAWT

I asked a friend on AIM, "Do you think there is a good chance I'll get a Wii before '07?"

And he said, "No, not since they're having a recall for wrist straps"

So I guess he was wrong.

Yes he was. They are merely sending out new wriststraps for all the Wii's that already have the defective ones. Just new shipments will come with the new straps already in place. Still I doubt you'll get one within these 2 weeks.