Mortal Kombat: Evolution - What characters will return?

Prophet

I'm just going to refer to MK8 as MKE because it sounds alot more entertaining too me. Anyway. What characters do you believe will return in the next mortal kombat? Keep in mind the setting change, so don't say something stupid like "AHAHAHA KITANA'S DAUGHTER KITANA JR.!!!!".

I believe the following are going to return:

- Scorpion (He's a spectre)
- Sub-Zero (Because it's more of a title, not a character)
- Raiden (Elder God)
- Shinnok (Elder God as well, although I'm not sure if being banished to the netherrealm causes you to lose immortality)
- Zombie Liu (Because he's a zombie, and if you look at the history of zombie movies, they always have a reason to moan and groan around)
- Noob (I'm not sure about Noob, I'm not that much into his backstory and such)
- Fujin (Elder God)

Until something official is announced to prove otherwise, I'm holding firm to the belief that NOONE is returning, just like they said months ago.

I think the game should have back some classic characters, and some forgotten ones like Striker or Sheeva. Evolution sounds so not-MK!

In Kitana's MKU ending Blaze kind of hints that she's gonna die. I think Daegon is the next Shinnok, and Taven the next Raiden. Makes sense to me anyway.

It's here somewhere. Lemme check.
Blaze
end1.png

Blaze had completed the first of his duties. Soon he will begin the second: to lure warriors to the Final Battle. There they will challenge him, hoping to attain godlike power from his defeat.
end2.png

The arrogance of these warriors will be their downfall, for only a son of Edenia can unleash the true purpose of Blaze.

Frost
end1.png

Sub-Zero returned to Earthrealm only to find many of his clan slain by Frost. She had come back to the Lin Kuei temple with the intention of killing only him, but she was now delirious and saw Sub-Zero everywhere.
end2.png

Sub-Zero blasted her with intense cold, freezing her until she could be revived and cured of her dementia. He laid her on an altar in the chamber of fallen Lin Kuei and sealed the room with a wall of ice. Frost will one day recover. When that day comes, she will have to answer for her crimes against the Lin Kuei.

Jax
end1.png

The Dragon King had defeated us all, save one: Jax. And though I had absorbed the fighting abilities of those who had aided me, I lacked the raw anger that propelled Jax into battle.
end2.png

Brutally pounding Onaga into submission, Jax finally ended the conflict by embedding a Kamidogu in the would-be ruler's head. Where he summoned so much rage from, I cannot say. I only hope that his anger is finally purged.

Kitana
end1.png

With the Dragon King destroyed, Kitana made her way home to the realm of Edenia. During her journey she was met by a being made of fire! He informed Kitana that her premonition of a looming conflict was correct, and that she must unite the forces of good for a coming battle to preserve the realms.
end2.png

Disheartened, Kitana fell to her knees. 'When will it end?' she cried. 'Every victory leads to more conflict and greater adversaries!'. Blaze simply replied, 'If all goes as planned, your enemies will be destroyed'.

Last edited:
Hmm...I don't like the way those endings were designed. They seem engineered to make sense only to those who have played Armageddon. The other MKD endings left room for interpretation...not these. I know that MKU was developed in tandem with MKA but that's just not an excuse.