which 4 characters to return in MK8?

jovalaar

The four characters that should return in MK8 imo. (MK8, should be taken place at least 10 years further into the future),

Sub Zero
Subzero should become less an ice king and more a sinister ice ninja. I've read some posts where noob and zero should be combined to create a darker ninja but with the icey skills. I think this is an excellent idea. No more crazy helmets or wooly outfits. Maybe something went wrong when Sub helped Noob, and old hatreds resurface. the hunt for scorpion is opened yet again, but the reason unknown.

Scorpion.
Scorpion is scorpion so no changes here. He will be in MK8 to find his son. "quan chi told me enough, he said you killed my father" "no. Luke i'm your father" The son of scorpion will be a young sorcerer, who is looking for scorpion for his own reasons. (btw Quan chi, dead)

Kung Lao
Lui kang finally ascended to another plane, kung lao will be the only Shaolin Monk left, to battle in mortal kombat. It is kung lao who aids shang tsung in his quest for good. Although Kung does not believe the intentions of the old sorcerer, he believes that friends should be kept close and enemies even closer.

Shang Tsung,
maybe it was the armageddon, maybe it was the death of liu kang, maybe he's getting old... again, but Shang Tsung is not the man he once was. Tired of the endless power game, he decides to seek redemption. Abondoning his soul stealing abilities, but keeping his shapeshifting skills, he turns to the other side. Gone cold turkey on his soul stealing abilities, he often relaps to the older man he was and he thinks that he will not have a lot of time in the realm left but in the little time he has left he tries to atone for the things he had done.

Raiden, Lui Kang, Johnny Cage, Quan Chi are dead for sure. A new thundergod will rise though who? not a clue. Qun Chi died later on but had an apprentice, Johnny, well he died. And it is time for lui kang to move on. (although i believe they will all return in the Next gen MK if not MK8 then in the "MK all fighters included version"

what you think?

Last edited:
Re: which 4 character to return in MK8?

Well, I prefer Shang to be the big baddy personally. He's one of those people that I like because he never gives up and keeps on looking for that opening all the time. Of course if he double crossed Kung Lao in his ending and stole his soul, that'd be acceptable.

P.S. Oh, and SCREW SCORPION'S SON. I'm so sick of hearing about that little brat!

hmm sounds interesting good ideas. Ah yeah what Glamador said Tsung should kill Kung Lao at the end or something

Well even tough she doesn't have a big role in the overall storyline, I really would like for Sonya to return. She's my fav. MK character period.

But an MK game without Sub-Zero and Scorpion is practically unthinkable. So they definetly must make a their comeback.
the 4th fighter who I would like to see back is a toss-up for me between Kitana and Cyrax.

Subs and Scorps are confirmed essentially. I'd say Liu Kang and Quan Chi are good chances of returning.

i wouldnt like to see any of them return. i want a totally fresh roster to shake things up. it would make us all appreciate them more when (and IF) they came back in a later game.

perhaps it should be "4 kombatants for MK8 (not counting sub and scorp because, like, duh, they have to stay)." those two cannot go, can i get an amen?

scorpion and sub zero (duh)
1. Baraka - my fave after scorpion. just so many levels of cool.
2. Kintaro - a four armed, giant half tiger man? where can that go wrong!
3. Cyrax - slice & dice. need i say more?
4. Kabal - i have a secret obsession with hookswords. ps, screw mavado.

btw, the thing about noob &zero combined? noobs finishing story on MKA has that happening, which is prolly what your hearing from. a cool idea, but i like both of them a lot and seperately.

That's not a bad idea, the Noob/Old-Zero Kombatant Idea.

Here's my Lineup:

1. Kano, I took a liking to him in MK:A, don't know why, maybe his personality.
2. Raiden, Evil Thunder God? Count me in.
3. Goro, A good storyline actually, he's not actually evil, which is a good point in his storyline, evident in the fact that he struck an alliance with Kitana, and healed the scar between him and Kung Lao.
4. Shang Tsung, my favorite Bad guy of MK, next to Onaga. Either him or Onaga. I really like his Personality, especially his deceptive and supposed "Obediant Underling" attitude.

-Rayden
-Kitana
-Scorpion
-Sub-Zero

Meh, I think a game can survive without Subby and Scorpion though.

Maybe they should restart the series from MK1 again, but everyone remembers MK:A and arnt as powerful.

Personly i would like to see a hi def next-gen khameleon because of all those who don´t get to play as her.

1. Referring to those who won´t buy the WII version.

2. I had excepted that we wouldn´t get to see her in 3D yet.

I won´t mention SCORPION or SUB-ZERO because i think that hey will be included anyway.

If i had to choose 3 more then it would be:

GORO = He is such a awsome karacter.

SHANG TSUNG = He may be a bad guy but he´s still the coolest bad guy in the MK universe. (it would be cool to give him back his morphing ability).

RAIDEN = He was my favorite when MK came out in the arcades. (Don´t like the new DARK raiden that much).

"no one ever really dies in mortal kombat"

Baraka
Nitara
Quan Chi
sub-zero
Scorpion

so that is 5, so what, send me to jail! :p

I would like goro to stay, but they can always create another four armed character that looks more badass.

Shinnok
Bo' Rai Cho
Ermac
Ashrah

Not my favourite characters but i like where their stories are heading as of MKD and Shinnok is simply badass in MKA.

Definitely Scorpion, he is the best character in my opinion. Along with just about any other ninja : Sub-Zero, Reptile, Noob-Saibot, Ermac, Rain, etc.

I wanna see Daegon as the main bad guy, and Taven as the new Raiden Character. It never said that Daegon was killed, just punished, as Shinnok was, and he could succeed where Shinnok failed, whereas we know than Taven was to be Edenia's new protector. Sub-Zero is said to survive, so why not have Frost ally with Daegon? Or maybe controvertially, Sub-Zero dies and Frost realises her mistakes, and takes over the mantle of Sub-Zero herself? Scorpion does what he does best and just wanders around getting into trouble.

It would be nice to see more from underdeveloped but potentially great characters like Nitara, Frost, Khameleon and Rain. Rain would make a good Ryu Hayabusa character I think.

i wouldnt like to see any of them return. i want a totally fresh roster to shake things up. it would make us all appreciate them more when (and IF) they came back in a later game.

This is a stupid thread! It may seem like I'm new but I use to go on TRMK all the time. So I have the right to state this. You guys ask what characters you want to come back but think of how lame the story has become. Me personally I don't like the fact they bring in Daegon and Taven. The last game's star was Shujinko. What happened to that fag. I thought he was the new idol of Mortal Kombat. And then everyone dies and comes back. Then they die again and come back. Ed Boon is a ****ing idiot. John Tobias was the real artist here (And when I say artist I don't mean picture wise) he made the storyline. Then they got some homo off the street to come and make a new storyline for the game. "Ya we'll just throw that faggot in, make this guy a part of that clan, kill off the star of the game, No! Wait the fans didn't like that. We'll bring him back! Ahhh **** I already added this old fart with a broke hip. What can I do to fix that? I know make Raiden evil, make two more new gay ass stars for the game, and to top it off throw in a few more black people who look like jax, and give them everyone elses moves so that way they are in no way original or unique. There we go!"

So to make this ^ long story short. They need to erase everybody and start off new. Oh and another thing, I am so tired of Scorpion. He found the person who killed his people and he still hasn't gotten revenge. So he needs not to come back (Only if Quan Chi comes back. Then Shinnok has to come back then yada yada).... And as for Sub-Zero make him get some frosty ass and have little frostbytin babies. Then his son can be the new sub. Ya'll can hate me for this message but everyone has an opinion remember that! Peace!

I actually do agree with you on some points there *prophet* both subzero and scorpion have always been off on their own not really a part of the main plot these days, fantastic characters that they are they have become a bit over exposed. But at the same time this is a fighting game at its core and the fact that people can sit here and argue and disagree over the games story line shows it has come a long way from many beat em ups out there. The main thing that drew me to mortal Kombat was the characters and the way they drove the story rather than the other way around. Building on the existing universe and pushing it in unforseen directions while at the same time elevating pre-existing characters and making them much more dynamic (see reiko/shinnok/Fujin/rain and others in mka and ermac in mkd). Despite the constant retroactive continuity we all know and love :p to start over again and remove all the characters only to replace them with new ones feels like it would be a mistake, I just don't think it would feel like Mortal Kombat anymore.
As for the Boon bashing got two words for you *prophet* "Tao Feng" which is exactly what you are asking after, so maybe go play that for a bit.

Last edited: