Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Blender 3D is the best one you can find for free, it's similar to max and maya.

Interloko, do you know how to stop the Veladd on KO? I'm looking at the trigger GetHitVar(xveladd), but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I'm checking the setting it has with Display to clipboard and it remains at 0, even though my fall state is clearly adding velocity???

The veladd thing is hardcoded in mugen, i don't remember if there is a way to disable it in some mugen file (fight.def, system.def etc.)

Blender 3D is the best one you can find for free, it's similar to max and maya.

Interloko, do you know how to stop the Veladd on KO? I'm looking at the trigger GetHitVar(xveladd), but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I'm checking the setting it has with Display to clipboard and it remains at 0, even though my fall state is clearly adding velocity???

you change it, it's the data/fight.def file, [Round] section, slow.time value

by default is setted to 60, just change it to 0

How are you guys going to do the voices? Liu and Sonya had there own, but all the other guys had 2 sets of voices. One was for first player and one was for second. (Little detail, but I'm curious. Are you going to do the males half and half with those?)

The veladd thing is hardcoded in mugen, i don't remember if there is a way to disable it in some mugen file (fight.def, system.def etc.)

I've had this problem too. I didn't know how to fix it.
When the last hit of the round is a standing low kick and your opponent is supposed to only be pushed back a few steps away, they fly all the way towards the other end of the screen. It just looks stupid.

I've had this problem too. I didn't know how to fix it.
When the last hit of the round is a standing low kick and your opponent is supposed to only be pushed back a few steps away, they fly all the way towards the other end of the screen. It just looks stupid.

ohh I thought they meant other thing
the veladd is hardcoded, you can't disable it, but you can "fix it" by reducing the velocity during the KO.... that's the only way :S

That's how I've been doing it all this time, by setting the speed multiplication to something like .7 or .8 on KO. I thought there was some way to turn it off for real, but I guess not.

GetHitVar(xveladd) is supposed to return the value of speed added on KO.

I figured you might counteract it with veladd, x = GetHitVar(xveladd)*-1, but it doesn't work.

Last edited:
rayden_by_james0780-d34b251.jpg This was my pathetic attempt to make a hd Thrown Room pic back in early 2010. I know its not near as good as you guys, but it was still fun to give a shot. Love the work you guys are doing and can't wait to play MK 1 in High Definition for the first time!!!

Ive been following this project since the beginning.
Congratz on such an awesome game!

Few Questions:
1. Is Mortal Kombat HD: Kommunity Edition the "official" name of this game now?
2. Will the loyal fans of this project get a beta or demo with the ninjas?
3. Will anyone get permission to edit the finished game for a MKHD1.5 type of project?
4. Will the character voices be the only thing used from the actual game?
5. Are all of the assests going to be saved incase they can be put in a better engine?
6. Is there going to be any other modes other than arcade mode, like practice?
7. Is it possible to get online play with MUGEN?
8. Did you see Bruno & Jappa have returned and are working on MK Bloodstorm HD?
9. Why don't you guys go on the On Blast Show and promote your project.

Ive been following this project since the beginning.
Congratz on such an awesome game!

Few Questions:
1. Is Mortal Kombat HD: Kommunity Edition the "official" name of this game now?
2. Will the loyal fans of this project get a beta or demo with the ninjas?
3. Will anyone get permission to edit the finished game for a MKHD1.5 type of project?
4. Will the character voices be the only thing used from the actual game?
5. Are all of the assests going to be saved incase they can be put in a better engine?
6. Is there going to be any other modes other than arcade mode, like practice?
7. Is it possible to get online play with MUGEN?
8. Did you see Bruno & Jappa have returned and are working on MK Bloodstorm HD?
9. Why don't you guys go on the On Blast Show and promote your project.

Answers:
1. No it is just a name we are calling it amongst ourselves along with MKHD. Neither title will exist as text in the final game which will simply be seen as "Mortal Kombat"
2. I'm not 100% positive but I'd say probably not. We don't necessarily want a broken unfinished game circulating the internet. You get but one chance at hyping this project up and I think you minimize that impact when a demo has been floating around for month/years.
3. Probably not officially permitted but people will find a way and likely do it. I personally don't want that but I'm sure software develops don't like seeing their games pirated either. It is an inevitability whether I or anyone else likes it or not. But I don't believe we will simply offer the assets, and code up to anyone who wants it. It isn't my call to make exclusively though.
4. Yes and perhaps a switch will be provided which will allow Justin's remixed tracks and/or the original music tracks.
5. Sure the assets will be saved but should a better engine come along (like something pure 3D) much of the assets would need to be reworked or rebuilt for that purpose anyway.
6. No not initially. Nothing extra will be included at first. I'm not even sure netcode will be in place to actually play against other people online but Interloko can answer better than I can.
7. See Question 6 answer.
8. I personally don't know who those guys are. Interloko, Bleed or others might know more.
9. Not sure what Blast show is, but I can tell you that we aren't looking for attention until we've got something more complete to show.

Pelvis added

skeleton_wip_04.jpg

hey bleed, first off, your a mad agent, good job...

but I was wondering, with the subzero spine rip, will you be making the spine look like the spine above? coz the mk1 original spine looks like a metal corkscrew haha it looks shit haha not even skeletal haha

I'll use the spine from this skeleton for it, and any other fatalities that use a skeleton. The textures would change based on the fatality.

I didn't know what Bruno and Jappa were up to, but I see they are starting something like we have going, using 3D artwork. Pretty cool, I hope they can pull it off.

Regarding the fourth question from above, I'd love it if nothing from the actual game was reused in this one. However I don't know if we could find good alternatives for the voices. Maybe we'll find some as we go along.

Regarding the fourth question from above, I'd love it if nothing from the actual game was reused in this one. However I don't know if we could find good alternatives for the voices. Maybe we'll find some as we go along.
If nothing is going to be used from original games sound wise (punches, kicks, etc.) you'd have to dig something out of various SFX libraries, or create something yourself or record everything from scratch which means some serious Foley-like work. I think original sounds put through some filters to try to fake them as better quality would be the most painless way to do it, as far as I know about sound.

They tried to change some on MKAK, only few of them. For example they changed Uppercut sound and messed it up imo, it totally takes away it's impact. Yet they didn't change Scorpions Spear which was absolutely horrible in MK1. Strange. It's like they started changing sound and not even half-way through sad "F it!" and left it half assed like that. Overall it would've been better if they didn't touch anything.

Last edited:
Great, the scorpion's fatality is one of the best ever, when the skull falls on knees in the original mk its just bones, if in this version the skull has some fire in it? wll be cool ^^

some of my ideas for better fatalityes:

Cage
zt883t.png

he can energyze the hand the uppercut like a super strenght punch with energy

Kano
ua7mv.jpg

he can cut the chest to open a hole, trow the knife on the ground and then rip the heart from oponent

Sub-Zero
ogw9hy.jpg

He can freeze the neck, break it, then pull the head from the body

Scorpion
ezqxc8.png

the same fire skull can be used to sonya's fatality

Liu Kang
2v7v3on.jpg

the liu kang's fatality can have the x-ray in the end to show internal damage
the animation of x-ray can be displayed in the background of characters

rayden fatality it's perfect like the original

all fatalities were better, but the liu kang was not legal, would be very different from the original and we have to remember that this game is a "remake"

liu kang fatality to leave tava as the original, but just do something else for example a "flash of light" in the scene at the time of the punch and add more blood to the punch punch normal. And when the opponent was on the ground with blood coming out would be the head and limbs as the PIT 2 MK2

How are you guys going to do the voices? Liu and Sonya had there own, but all the other guys had 2 sets of voices. One was for first player and one was for second. (Little detail, but I'm curious. Are you going to do the males half and half with those?)

We may not redo the voices but we are open to any voice actors willing to try.

Well I'm working on liu kang and I don't really think it is a good idea to add this X-ray mode cause IMO this is going to be so far away from the original, if we wanna make it more dramatic maybe I can add fire to the punch and shake the camera so the impact looks stronger.

And about liu kang, it's almost rigged, I will work on liu's statue as soon as possible, bleed I need to know the setting you used for scorpion's statue, image size, format and things like that!