Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Shang Tsung is looking awesome. Did you happen to get any animations of him done yet? Or is that too soon?

Nothing yet. I'm still finishing bone controls for his skirt and sleeves. However the first animation I do create will likely the clapping and head movements in the seated position.

I think Shang at least can have couple of additional basic attacks (like uppercut) on his own - will not change balance, but we will see more of himself than constant morphs.

Wierd that you'd say that Vetal since I know you've been around since this project first started. By now I'm sure you know that we won't be adding movements not in the original game. This is just MK1 HD. Not MK 1.5.. Also as others have said it doesn't at all fit in with the storyline. He's old he's not going to be doing anything strenuous.

Looking good. I'd check that the hands aren't too big. Also right now the pants don't seem baggy enough yet and obviously the shoes are just rough right now. Nice progress though the likeness is just about there.

Grate Thsung you got there ;)

Updates from my part ^^

Newkang01.jpg

Newkang02.jpg

Calactyte, i always thought that Shang didn't have much of his own animations in MK1, because the game was rushed. I remember 100% rule, but i always for extra things if they not change the balance or make it better.

Nothing yet. I'm still finishing bone controls for his skirt and sleeves. However the first animation I do create will likely the clapping and head movements in the seated position.

Great, can't wait to see them. One thing about Throne Room and Shang sitting in the chair -
he looks unproportionally large compared to the fighters:

2ufpqfa.png

20qjhhd.png

It looks like if he would stand up and come closer, he'd be like 7 feet tall, lol.
Maybe you can make him just a bit smaller.

Great, can't wait to see them. One thing about Throne Room and Shang sitting in the chair -
he looks unproportionally large compared to the fighters:

2ufpqfa.png

20qjhhd.png

It looks like if he would stand up and come closer, he'd be like 7 feet tall, lol.
Maybe you can make him just a bit smaller.

Yeah the problem is if I make him smaller his arms start to float off of the arm rests which looks worse to me then him being perhaps way too big in the image. At any rate, here is the main seated pose.

THRONE_ROOM_HD.jpg

THRONE_ROOM_HD_cropped.jpg

^Yeah, Shang is definitely too big in the Throne Room, but it's just like the original though.
If you think it's worth it, maybe something can be done with the chair, change some of it's
proportions so you can fit smaller Shang in there. But it's no big deal, I guess.

I didn't bother with the shadows and lifebars, this is just for size comparison between fighter and Shang:

2d7en48.png

2ey84z4.jpg

Oh, one small detail - his sash should be falling straight over his knees.
You have it all wavey, like it's paper. I don't think cloth is suppose to behave like that.

Last edited:
I should have shang soon, been rough around here. I think he's looking good so far though.

Also fixed the texture on subzero's hood to match scorpion's on the select fighter screen psd, it was barely noticeable but drove me nuts.

Last edited:
Nice, hopefully this is getting some of that stress off, can't wait to see it.

I'll start on the high punches tomorrow.

ScorpMK1HD_LP_Loop.gif

ScorpMK1HD_LPA_LPB_LPC.gif

Last edited:
Right the High punches should be easy now, I could have all of them done by tonight. I was messing around with the latest version of Blender last night, and started blocking out a male body. That model can be used for Cage, I'm going to try a different method with him. Classic modeling this time, leaving zbrush for the finer details at the end and global tweaking throughout.

Keep trucking guys, I think we are doing good so far!

I have to make transition animations for every possible combination. I'm using more sprites, so you'll see him snap or the cloth will look frozen if I recycle the transition frames.

[edit]

I got another punch animated, but I'll post it later when I get more of them done.

Last edited:
Shang Tsung`s hair too flat. Look unnatural.
Forehead is too high, his head looks like an egg. Wrinkles also look unnatural, they are not necessary, but need make hollow cheeks and eyes.