Official DLC Ideas Discussion ~ Stages, Costumes, Characters, -alities, etc.

Re: UnMasked Tundra Kostume for DLC

I don't mind an unmasked Sub-Zero, I just don't care for the suspenders or whatever they are supposed to be.

I respect the opinion of people who likes unmasked SZ (unlike you who told me to screw myself) but I cannot disagree more with them...
*in soft 8-year-old voice*

But I like unmasked Sub-Zero... :cry:

Spoiler:
Were you being serious though? I know I wasn't, but it's hard to tell sarcasm over the Internet...

Last edited:
Re: What would your reaction be if Link from the Legend of zelda series was DLC?

Exactly. And this is why I couldn't play GOW 2 and 3. By the end of the first game I was so ****ing sick of hearing him ***** and moan. And as a cherry on top, the controls got to be way to repetitive to me. And not in a fun way. Visually, the games are stunning. But that's all I will ever give them credit for.

Anyway, I think it's hilarious how so many of you say "Link doesn't fit in MK" but then try and say that Kratos DOES. Uhm... Neither fit in the MK universe. Sorry. They don't belong.

But if we're gonna throw in one outsider, might as well throw in another. At this point they could toss in a Xenomorph and it would make as much sense as Kratos.

Yeah, that. I googled Kratos vs Kronos, and after watching that, I was like "I GOTTA HAVE THIS GAME NOW!" and was about to go out and buy a PS3 for it alone. Upon closer inspection, I was glad I waited.

Also, Predator would be pretty bad ass.
While Kratos doesn't belong in the sense of the MK tradition, he is a pretty close fit for the tone and style of the game. All brutal and blood covered and what not. I was surprised his head tearing QTE wasn't a fatality. He just about works story-wise as well, if we consider Greek mythology to be ancient history rather than fiction, drawing a powerful fighter through time seems plausible in the crazy MK universe.

That's the thing though; Kratos doesn't fit the tone of MK. He only fits the Bloodbath aspect of it, or rather, the serious one. Kratos, and his developers, just don't know how to take themselves NOT serious.

Look at Ermac's Pest Control: Everyone else runs around screaming like a little girl, Kratos takes it like a man because to do that is to "Disrespect his character". Look at his Babality; he rips off a teddy bear's head. Now look at Shao Khan's: He points at you and say's "You Suck!". Shao Khan, arguably THE most serious character in the Mortal Kombat Universe, isn't even immune to being taken as a joke.

Mortal Kombat is fully aware of the fact that it's over the top (just go look at And the Winner Is!, Ermac's Pest Control, Baraka's Take a Spin, and Quan Chi's Leg Beat), God of War/Kratos is just as over the top but just doesn't realize that everyone is laughing AT it, not WITH it.

Re: What would your reaction be if Link from the Legend of zelda series was DLC?

I love link but...

Mortal Kombat is fully aware of the fact that it's over the top (just go look at And the Winner Is!, Ermac's Pest Control, Baraka's Take a Spin, and Quan Chi's Leg Beat), God of War/Kratos is just as over the top but just doesn't realize that everyone is laughing AT it, not WITH it.

Thats what I love about Mortal Kombat,it doesnt take itself too seriously, I'm not saying its suposed to be flat out goofy, but when some games try to hard to be angy or serious, they end up more dumb. mortal kombat knows how to pull off being serious/badass,while combining some violent morbid humor, along with some funny stuff like babalities that people also enjoy.

Even though Duke Nukem forever is a shitty game, there's still one thing it reigns over in all modern games these days. It has a humorous, memorable and likable character, something that will eventually fade away if game developers keep up their ways.

so props to NRS for keeping it old school with this game, minus Kratos of course

I would rather have Shredder-Zero!!

Or this!!

sub_zero_kuai_liang_deception2_by_mobd-d3cpxo9.png

Now that's HOT. Minus the pony tail.

I hope they keep SZ young. The old man look was annoying.

Even though Duke Nukem forever is a shitty game, there's still one thing it reigns over in all modern games these days. It has a humorous, memorable and likable character, something that will eventually fade away if game developers keep up their ways.

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT!

I haven't played Duke Nukem Forever, but I don't understand how everyone is panning the game for being "immature, sexist, and unoriginal". SERIOUSLY! A new game in a series that is known for being immature, sexist, and unoriginal is immature, sexist, and unoriginal? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WAS POSSIBLE!

Just like everyone's Splatterhouse 2010 reviews: It's a game built, first and foremost, to be a bloody brawler that isn't trying to break new ground, and a reboot of a series that was built, first and foremost to a bloody brawler/2D fighter. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT'S A BAD THING!

I love the idea. ONE exception...i would rather see this as an alternate for Cyber-Sub Zero ...imagine having MK3 Kuai and Sub-Zero's Bi Han alternate together on one team...EPIC ICE SHIT GOING ON!

I always despised them making sub-zero a generic white guy in MK3 when he was an Asian ninja in the previous two.

Personally I hate the unmasked Sub-Zero look. Sub-Zero is my favorites character of all time (not just favorite MK or video game character, no favorite character in general). And the unmasked look is just terrible. As popular as MK3 was it was responsible for butchering my childhood hero.(plus no scorpion in original MK3, that was a mistake too.) It's my opinion that Sub-Zero was "Bad-Ass incarnate." I like the mysterious chinese assassin angle, the generic white renegade who left his clan not soo much. I never saw anything wrong with the pallette swapping when i was younger, Sub-Zero was awesome no need to change his character design at all, and since scorpion wasn't in the original MK3 the pallete swap complaint wouldn't have been very valid.

Anyway no need for unmasked Sub-Zero, hell why not take away kung lao's hat, baraka's teeth, or any other trait that make a character cool and recognisable away from them.

Hes always been Asian-"American"/Cyromancer. He was never 100% Asian
And i believe i remember reading that they added this to Sub-Zero's story just to justify his new MK3 look when people questioned the change in appearence from the MK2 ending.

Sub-Zero is a ninja. Period.

Just fyi, Sub Zero would probably kick you in the dick for saying that. He always says "I am not a ninja blah blah blah" then goes on to explain that scorpion is a ninja.

Anyway no need for unmasked Sub-Zero, hell why not take away kung lao's hat, baraka's teeth, or any other trait that make a character cool and recognisable away from them.

Masks would be more special if they were less common or have recognizable and consistent designs. The ninjas are more strongly tied to their color schemes than anything else.

Re: Your Top 3 Costume DLC Wishlist

1.Enerena Smoke (a Demon smoke outfit not his MK:D outfit)
2.Half Cyber Sub Zero (like Cyrax's alt. from MK:DA)
3.Full Cyborg Kabal

Those would be my top 3 but I'd want some more like:
Inferno Scorpion
Unmasked Sub Zero
Human Reptile
MK:D Noob Saibot (With the normal skin tone)
UMK3 klassics for all ninjas
MK3 Cyber Sub Zero
MK3 Cyber Smoke (I'm hoping he's his own character)
MK2 Jax

I personally like unmasked Sub Zero from MK:DA where he had the older look IMO he just needs an undershirt instead of him wearing suspenders