Current Patch Notes/ Future Patch Notes/ Upcoming DLC

As discussed by Tom Brady on the S1lent1 show. Will continue to update for you guys.

current patch notes (this patch is only a quick fix, not full patch):

1. Kung Lao damage nerf by around 20% on high combos.
2. Reptile damage nerf by around 12% on high combos.
3. Sub Zero damage around 2%, but in the corner do: jp 224 freeze, step back, b12, 214 x ray to get 55% damage, same as his old corner combo :D
no patching ex ground freeze because it's a reset that requires both parties to guess
4. Kano has been buffed. Can still fuzzy guard Kano's combo. Kano F3. Kano ball damage toned down. Kano ball is seriously safe (only Raiden's superman, Lao's spin, Reptile's dash can punish it now) :D you can try a throw attempt on him if you're not one of those characters.
5. Sheeva gets a damage buff on combos. work with her 50/50 mix-ups. low throw has armor, unlike regular throw, to stop people from crouching and mashing D1 D1 D1..
6. Baraka's corner infinite taken away. Baraka gets a damage buff on combos. Baraka got increased combo potential (not tested yet).
7. Sonya block infinite is gone: cannot be done if you crouch block. But her ability to stun has been completely raped.
8. Kabal block infinite is still there.
9. Sindel infinite is still there.
10. Noob's B1214 does less damage now, but no significant nerfs for him.
11. No nerfs or buffs with Jade, Ermac.
12. Scorpion damage nerf by around 2% on combos.
13. Nightwolf damage nerf by around 2% on combos.

in 2 weeks full patch will be released by NRS:

1. Kabal block infinite removed. Dash recovery time changed.
2. Sonya's ability to stun will be buffed again. block infinite will still be gone, but turned into more of a trap situation.
3. Cyrax bomb trap won't have same advantage (now a 50/50, not a 100%). 10 frames not 2 frames. 1 is the break command. mash 1 after getting hit by the net!
4. Nightwolf throw no longer punished by reptiles dash. Nightwolf F3 will never be a low.
5. Quan Chi getting a nerf. Not a buff.
6. Sindel infinite removed. But gets launcher and B3 scream.
7. Smoke OTG removed.
8. Kitana fans nerfed because 70% was ridiculous
9. Noob's black hole will not be different. "will still remain kind of worthless."
10. Jax will not be buffed.
11. Net code will be "much much much better." Less input delay. Less choppy.
12. Training mode will not be fixed in this patch. But sometime in the future.
13. Reptile's and Ermac's hitbox will not be fixed.
14. Tracking fix on teleport will not be fixed.
15. Cyber Sub-Zero's bomb is going to be fixed in some way, not sure of how yet.
16. Raiden will not be nerfed.
17. All parry glitches removed.
18. Baraka may, keyword may, get a juggle off of his spin.
19. Sub Zero's crouching 11 corner freeze glitch will be removed.
20. Sub Zero will not get a ground freeze buff.

Upcoming DLC:

1. Klassic Costumes available soon after full patch
2. Skarlet available around same time as full patch
3. Skarlet will be A+ tier.
4. Kenshi will not be available the same time as Skarlet
5. Kenshi will be a totally different character. More emphasis on him being a swordsman.
6. Bo Rai Cho is not coming as DLC.
7. Motaro is not coming as DLC.
8. If DLC characters sell well, NRS will continue to release them for quite some time.

great post Kaballer!

kaballer said:
Skarlet will be A+ tier.
lol how can anyone even know that if she isn't even out yet?

You forgot a few things like Baraka having an overhead now and Stryker's X-ray getting fixed.

great post Kaballer!
Thanks, Tony!

lol how can anyone even know that if she isn't even out yet?
Tom Brady mentioned that he spoke in length with developers regarding her play-style, strings, combos, etc.

You forgot a few things like Baraka having an overhead now and Stryker's X-ray getting fixed.
You're right, thank you. Just edited that in.

Ground freeze will still be useless damn
I used to feel the same way, but hearing Tom speak about it, I agree with him. We don't know what we're asking for when we ask for Sub Zero buffs. I don't want the game broken just because I main the guy.

Last edited:
Come on, are you serious?

I personally hated every single mk game after UMK3. Tom says UMK3 was bad, I disagree with him on that, but whatever. Hey, if you liked MK4, MK Deception and MKvsDC that's fine with me, I honestly don't give a shit. But it will never changed the fact that those games sucked major ass and were poorly designed.

Now MK9 is really solid and NRS deserves credit for making such a great title. This is the best MK ever hands down.

IMO You hurt the community more by encouraging garbage games like MK4 and MKvsDC. Because that's like saying: "Hey we don't give a shit about better gameplay or decent netcode, we just want stupid ninjas and busty babes spitting blood all over the place. Give us gore and we'll give you our money. Yes, we are that stupid and simple minded as gamers."

See all this? This is an opinion. Not fact. You can cry about it being facts all you want, but you'll be wrong. Hilariously wrong. You can no more prove for a fact that any of those games suck or were poorly designed as a fact, or were harmful to the series/community as a fact than I can prove the opposite. Only opinion.

I would give you negative rep but I gotta spread some around before doing it again. This post is about as ignorant as they come. Everyone has their own opinions but there is NOTHING I hate more than when someone tries to spin their opinions as fact. Supporting games like MK4, MKD and MK v. DCU hurt the community? I was unaware of this... sorry, from now on ill disregard the fact that I really enjoyed MK4 along with the other 3D games and will just start trashing them for now on to "help the community"

Brady and Vulcan Hades are saying the games were garbage for tournaments not as a game all together. Oh, and your allowed to say Brady or whoever else is wrong for not liking those games, but no one is allowed to say youre wrong for liking them, kinda hypocritical. But giving neg rep for someone disagreeing with you? What a baby, I would give you neg rep for having a negative comment to say about everything, but giving neg rep is just pathetic. It really bothers you that much about something one person said on a game forum?

Last edited:
Hmmm I mean I agree the damage nerfing was needed with subzero had to many 55%+ combos but how would a slight speed increase and I'm talking very slight like 1 or 2 frames on his ground freeze gonna break him with its range and current speed you'd have to be asleep to actually get caught in it

you forgot to mention that the "danger" sound when you're low on health is coming back on this patch or the next.

Great post btw.

I just can't believe Ermac wasn't touched. His combos do insane damage, but no, hey, let's nerf Quan Chi, whose best combo does as much as the stupid 2,2 force lift 2,2 push douchery. Meh.

I just can't believe Ermac wasn't touched. His combos do insane damage, but no, hey, let's nerf Quan Chi, whose best combo does as much as the stupid 2,2 force lift 2,2 push douchery. Meh.

Haha, you've obviously never played Solitude. You have no chance against his Quan Chi.

Can't wait for all the updates and patches, the PDP tournament was ridiculous because so many people kept using Cyrax's bomb trap to win all their matches. If not that, it was Kung Lao's overpowered spin move made him near invincible.

I still think Sub Zero's ground freeze should get a buff, it's next to impossible to catch anyone with that move because of its noticeable delay.

Can't wait for Kenshi!

LOL on that Noobsaibot black hole comment, but that move should get buffed, IT IS worthless at the moment.

Haha, you've obviously never played Solitude. You have no chance against his Quan Chi.

No, if he's that strong he should post some tips, then! Couldn't find anything useful on the net I didn't already know. :p
--
Scorp has not been nerfed, damage is still the same.
You can't move after Quan Chi's trance.
Kabal overall damage reduced by 2%, after B1,2,1 the hitbox is reduced.

These are all changes not written, there is a lack of honesty from NRS' testers part..

This.
I asked him personally how he felt about the rune trap being removed and he said he saw it coming already so it didn't bother him. His Quan Chi is still incredible beyond belief. His mixups and use of EX Trance and EX rune and his overall meter management are something fierce.

Btw Kano buffs are AMAZINNNNGGGG. Kano was ridiculous enough up close as it was before the buff, now he's just an unstoppable force.

Can't wait for the patch to come so the lag will be bearable.

• Reduced the life gained on Shang Tsung’s throws.
• Raised the damage scaling on Shang Tsung’s ground fireballs.
• Adjusted Kratos’ damage scaling.
• Temporarily adjusted how long Quan Chi is held for after hitting someone with his trance move and also adjusted the reaction recovery time. This was to prevent an easy infinite loop.
• Temporarily removed some of Sindel’s 2in1 cancels to prevent some easy infinite loops.
• Temporarily increased the time before Cyrax can throw another net after connecting with one to prevent an infinite loop.
• Increased the damage scaling after several popup reactions.

From the MK official forums, here's more info about this tweak. Still shocked no Ermac nerf is on the way.

Man, I hope they don't do this too often, I won't be able to keep up lol. I'm all for balancing the game and I'm glad they're updating but when they change things to make them overheads/low hits it really changes how a character plays and how you play against them. The ones mentioned here make sense, though, and I trust NRS knows what they're doing. I guess it's just important to check these patch notes to figure out whats changed.

This !!!

Solitude has the best Quan Chi that I have ever seen. I barely only took him 1 games out of 8 againts him.

His high low mixups are ridiculous. You can't do anything againts him. After seeing him play, Quan Chi is seriously A+ tier. He rapes zoners for free and he can destroys anyone up close. He seemed borderline cheap lol.

Solitude is probably in the top 10 best MK9 players in the world right now. He's in the same category as Tom Brady, REO, FLOE, THTB, LI JOE, etc. By far the best Quan Chi in the world.

The thought of Baraka getting a juggle off his spin makes me a very, very happy young man. I really hope it happens.

I'm glad it's not that bad with Scorpion's damage. By 2%, that's fine with me. Plus, glad they didn't touch the Hellfire.

But they really need to buff on Jade's speed on the Overhead Staff, cuz that's ridiculous.

Here are the notes from the official site:

Ver. 0.127S-208-FD2E2ECD (Xbox 360) / Ver 0.127S-208-FD2E2ECD (PS3) *released 4/19/2011

• Reduced the life gained on Shang Tsung’s throws.
• Raised the damage scaling on Shang Tsung’s ground fireballs.
• Adjusted Kratos’ damage scaling.
• Temporarily adjusted how long Quan Chi is held for after hitting someone with his trance move and also adjusted the reaction recovery time. This was to prevent an easy infinite loop.
• Temporarily removed some of Sindel’s 2in1 cancels to prevent some easy infinite loops.
• Temporarily increased the time before Cyrax can throw another net after connecting with one to prevent an infinite loop.
• Increased the damage scaling after several popup reactions.

Ver. 0.127S-208-FD70F4B3 (Xbox 360) / Ver. 0.127S-208- A0FAD3CF (PS3) *released 5/20/2011

• Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
• Reduced the damage on some special moves.
• Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
• Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
• Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
• Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
• Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
• Changed Kano’s Towards Front Kick to a low block.
• Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.
• Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks.
• It is easier to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.
• Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
• Baraka’s Away Front Kick, Front Punch combo is now a true popup.

" Raiden will not be nerfed."

*:)beaths a sigh of relief:)* i hope NR will actually be applying this very neccessary patch and this isn't just speculation from the community. NR does listen to fans though and so it's really good to see they are addressing everything that needs to be and i agree with most of these updates. they're even planning on fixing training mode in a later patch.