Kratos to star in upcoming mortal kombat

Well, they're not trying to force him into the MK mythology, what's a good thing. Couldn't think of a better "bonus character" than the Ghost of Sparta.

Wouldnt it be ironic if us 360 user's got General RAAM..... anyway's i kinda hope we get a KI character like Jago or Orchid

I, for one think this is bullshit. We are talking about a reboot of the MK franchise people, sure he may not be in story mode, but still, this should have been straight, glory days MK, so we get that feeling back. This should have been a back to basics game, but no, NR studios had to pull a freaking Namco and start with this bullshit. I guess NR really want a shit load of people buying this game, they prolly figured the DC license worked for sales of the last game, and they should do another franchise deal to pull in more cash. Sure its a good business decision and i understand they are a company/business, but from a fan's viewpoint, i dont like it one bit. I am a 360 owner and if they include Master Chief or someone in it, I will be pissed off even more. I agree with Raijin on this one, thank god i own a 360, hopefully the 360 doesnt get an exclusive character either, unless its from the actual MK franchise.

And who on earth wouldn't want to see a battle between Kratos and Shao Kahn? I remember seeing a video of some guy approach Ed Boon about this ages ago, I'm so happy to see it confirmed now.

Uh, I wouldn't. And I don't. He doesn't belong in Mortal Kombat.

What's next... Starkiller? *gag*

This leaves a VERY sour taste in my mouth. I am a very proud owner of both
360 and ps3 (I mostly use the ps3) but this is... I don't know. I really hope it's a
rumor. I like the god of war series but he just shouldn't be in or around mortal kombat.
Sure, he's a violent guy featured in a game with lots of dismemberment and blood..
but HE DOES NOT BELONG. The blood and gore is where the similarities end. And yes
EXACTLY what Ricochetmatt said. One bald pale lunatic with face makeup is ENOUGH.
Another thing I'm wondering about is his fighting style.. He swings around those big swords
on a chain.. how the **** is that gonna work on a 2d playing field? I just don't think it'll look
right. Ugh.. I hope this isn't true.

Uh, I wouldn't. And I don't. He doesn't belong in Mortal Kombat.

What's next... Starkiller? *gag*

MK has a lot of hints at ancient mythology with it's characters and so on as well as large amounts of blood and gore, that's why Kratos could fit in. Starkiller would be far more illogical in a very obvious manner. Don't bother bringing up Cyrax and Sektors pulse blades.
I think some people just don't give new ideas a chance. I'm more than happy for things to go back to their roots but whats the point if they don't have some fun with the games development. Seriously the games been going for about 20 years now. It's not like it's soiling a virgin franchise.

This feels like a total fake news story to me, I would take it with a pound of salt.

Also sorry I thought it was confirmed, I know Ed Boon was happy with the idea so I didn't think it would be too far fetched.

Man...you guys really need to chill, I'm surprised so many of you have acted so harshly about it. It's not like it's the world's greatest sin to include him, I'm sure he is just going to be a novelty character without the level of gameplay detail that the rest of the roster has. Afterall, I don't think any MK fan would be happy to see a huge amount of people playing as Kratos online. I'm sure NRS are taking precautions to make sure that the real MK characters outshine him and have superior replayability. Kratos will simply be a novelty, for all the people like myself who adore the GOW series, and to attract some great exposure for the new MK game.

@Pat, in my overjoyed state, I never even considered the story may be fake. Well, we'll know later this week when the new Official PS mag comes out...

I hope Patrick is right and this is fake... I guess we gotta wait for the January edition of Playstation magazine. I just dont like the fact that theyre going back to the glory days, and then include another franchise's character. It is ludicrous, IMO.

tioshard r u f***ing serious this is not the time to study ancient crap this is the time
to beat the hell out of someone

I just dont like the fact that theyre going back to the glory days, and then include another franchise's character. It is ludicrous, IMO.

Seriously. I think maybe the next mk would be the time to add novelty characters like Kratos in.

Seriously. I think maybe the next mk would be the time to add novelty characters like Kratos in.

If it is true, then its just a damned business ploy because MK vs. DC sold like crazy, regardless of how terrible that game was, because of the DC license. They are probably thinking the same by including Kratos, they know PS3/God Of War fanboys are going to go nuts.

tioshard r u f***ing serious this is not the time to study ancient crap this is the time
to beat the hell out of someone

If you don't notice the themes present in MK you are simply playing it for the game play in which case the story and characters wouldn't/shouldn't bother you in the first place.

MK has a lot of hints at ancient mythology with it's characters and so on as well as large amounts of blood and gore, that's why Kratos could fit in.
That doesn't mean he fits. That means his games are violent and bloody. There's lots of games like that out there.

Starkiller would be far more illogical in a very obvious manner. Don't bother bringing up Cyrax and Sektors pulse blades.
I don't even need to bring up the blades. Starkiller is just as ridiculous as Kratos. Neither belong in MK. The world that Kratos comes from doesn't match up with MK's world.

I think some people just don't give new ideas a chance. I'm more than happy for things to go back to their roots but whats the point if they don't have some fun with the games development.
New ideas? This isn't new. Other games have done this. To me, this feels like a cheap trick at pulling people in to buy this game. "Guess what GOW fans!! Kratos returns in MORTAL KOMBAT! GO BUY IT!"

Seriously the games been going for about 20 years now. It's not like it's soiling a virgin franchise.
They should have more respect and faith in their franchise. Dragging in some lame-ass character from another series is bogus. Even if he is just a versus character. I hate when games try to mix their world with another popular game's world. It drives me insane.

Obviously I'll get over it. But I'm still very disappointed in them for doing this. (if it's true)

That's fair enough I suppose. I think I'm just surprised at how much this has divided people. I'm no huge GOW fan, I just think after how out of place the DC characters were in MK, this was more of a step in the right direction, providing they decided to involve another franchises character/s.

@ Ricochetmatt

Exactly that. But i wont get over it, if its true. IMO, it ruins the game completely. NR had a masterpiece going, but this just killed it (if its true).

Patrick, if this is true, what is your take on this?

That's fair enough I suppose. I think I'm just surprised at how much this has divided people. I'm no huge GOW fan, I just think after how out of place the DC characters were in MK, this was more of a step in the right direction, providing they decided to involve another franchises character/s.

i have no idea what ur saying here:zzz: